It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warships launch airstrikes on Libya

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G
reply to post by mtnshredder

I agree, I don't understand why it was France & Britain being so vocal about pushing the whole No Fly to the UN / G8 in the first place though. The US seemed unnaturally quiet about the whole thing. It seems that Barry has finally found his voice though

Well yes he had more important things to do like golf, pick the winning basketball team and dont forget his vacation in RIO.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G

I agree, I don't understand why it was France & Britain being so vocal about pushing the whole No Fly to the UN / G8 in the first place though. The US seemed unnaturally quiet about the whole thing. It seems that Barry has finally found his voice though

The only reason he was silent is because he was watching out for his image and the image of the US as War Mongers. Clear to see now that it is a US led mission and always was.

This was well played out as now, whatever happens, the blame can be shifted.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:54 PM
link   
Middle east is being served in plates to different countries. US had afganistan and iraq, brits had some parts of iraq, frence will probably have some parts of libia. Resources of the middle east are being served to so called"elite powers". Israhell will probably be served with iran in the near future. I wonder what russians will be served? Oh wait , I already know the answer.....take a guess?
edit on 19-3-2011 by MoonandStar because: Add more ideas

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

The US pulled all the strings and continue to do so. For them to say that they are just going along with the UN and their allies is such a blatant piece of propaganda that it makes me angry knowing many people will actually believe it.

I can see it a month from now. "Oh, it's not our war. We didn't start it. We're just helping out."

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

We didnt want the banks bailed out either, so much so that the servers were crashed from people emailing their representatives.

Face it, our government is not of the people, by the people, and for the people, unless you accept the doctrine of corporate "Personhood."

This totally reminds me of the CIA doc leaked by Wikileaks where they discussed how they were instructing the government in Germany and France how to ignore the will of the people, and what kind of media campaigns to run to make the war in Afghanistan look more palatable.

They know what we want. They are just telling us "# you" and doing what their rich friends want despite us.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by AndrewJay

We didnt want the banks bailed out either, so much so that the servers were crashed from people emailing their representatives.

Face it, our government is not of the people, by the people, and for the people, unless you accept the doctrine of corporate "Personhood."

This totally reminds me of the CIA doc leaked by Wikileaks where they discussed how they were instructing the government in Germany and France how to ignore the will of the people, and what kind of media campaigns to run to make the war in Afghanistan look more palatable.

They know what we want. They are just telling us "# you" and doing what their rich friends want despite us.

www.businessinsider.com...

FOR THE PEOPLE BY THE PEOPLE?!

We have no voice in our country anymore.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealJayZ
No fly-zone my ass.

The top news here in San Francisco is the French jet fighter which made a strike against the pro-Gadhafi forces today. The fighter jet attacked a military vehicle, which is believed to be a tank and destroyed it.

SF Examiner

The U.N. Gave them explicate orders to protect the Libyan people at all cost. The members can do anything they want except putting ground troops into Libya and no one wants to do that any how unless its for targeting or rescue ops. Quadafi duck has been a thorn in the worlds butt long enough and its time he go. Hopefully some good pilot parks a JDAM on his head.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Calm down for crying out loud.
No fly zone, means the US, French and Brits need their jets patrolling the skies.
For them to patrol without fear of losing any Jets, they must remove the air defenses.
Better to send in a drone missile than the special forces.

Once the US Jets are in the air, Gaddafi will turn tail and run.
The army will simply give up, and the rebels will storm into the capital faced with only minor skirmishes.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Agit8dChop
Calm down for crying out loud.
No fly zone, means the US, French and Brits need their jets patrolling the skies.
For them to patrol without fear of losing any Jets, they must remove the air defenses.
Better to send in a drone missile than the special forces.

Once the US Jets are in the air, Gaddafi will turn tail and run.
The army will simply give up, and the rebels will storm into the capital faced with only minor skirmishes.

And then it will be over. All allied forces will leave the area without ever having set foot on the ground.

See you back here in a week to discuss:

"New and unforeseen developments causing Allied Forces to move in ground troops and secure the Libyan Nation"

Coming soon to a popular MSM channel near you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
And now we wait for the collateral damage statistics to come rolling in... IF they are pemitted to come rolling in at all.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I'm interested in how Gaddafi is going to accomplish the following and what this may potentially lead to.....

Libyan strongman Muammar al-Qaddafi vows to turn the Mediterranean Sea into the 'real battlefield.'

We know Gaddafi has support from other countries in the ME - those who are contributing military resources against the rebels.

Could this situation where international intervention is being implemented, trigger a regional conflict that could drag Israel into this war?

I don't know, probably not. However it remains a possibility given the rhetoric from the Libyan leader.
edit on 19-3-2011 by surrealist because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
I am sure glad obama got a noble peace prize lol
He sure is for PEACE isn't he....
Vote again based on skin color folks

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TheAmused

I am sure glad obama got a noble peace prize lol
He sure is for PEACE isn't he....
Vote again based on skin color folks

Had to repost....I'm black and thought it was funny!
edit on 19-3-2011 by Skerrako because: quote

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
This makes me sick on so many levels.

Years ago, I would have been leaping up and cheering. Now, not so much.

When these "civilians" took up arms against their countries, dressed in cammo, rocket launchers, etc, why did they remain "civilians" and not "militants" nor "combatants" like they are called in other countries?

What about those poor people in Iran that had no access to arms like these in Libya, and we sat idly by while the Iranian government slaughtered their "civilians"? Why did we allow the Iranian government to slaughter their "civilians" into submission while we take up arms against another country in an undeclared (?) war?

Why are people blindly supporting the UN after all the UN bashing that was almost like an ATS second motto, but now, the UN is right?

It is like faulting a news source for using "propoganda" when it doesn't suit your idealogy, but then using the same news source when they report something that suits you.

So people blindly support the UN because it fits their idealogy? And tomorrow, how will the UN rank for you when say... they support Israel? Yeah, two faced people is what I see.

This is so wrong on every level, and people only support what is going on because it suits them to do so today, but tomorrow when they move on someone else that doesn't fit your ideas so well, what then?

And this coming from our "Peace loving, end the war now, close Gitmo, Bring the troops home from Iraq, Nobel Peace Prize, no war, PRESidENT".

In reality, this is coming from a Do As I Say- Not As I Do, I Will Say One Thing And Do Another, PRESidENT.

When do "civilians" cross the line to become called "militants" or "combatants"? Should we ask the Taliban? Or Iranian peoples? Or perhaps the Bible Toting Christians in the US?

How is this any different than taking out Sadaam, and killing "militant combatants" in Iraq?

Which suits *your* idealogy?

edit on 19-3-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
I don't understand why the Libyans didnt invest in point defense weapons such as the Tor M2 or Pantisir S1, which are designed to stop the HARMs and tomahawks. They know that the first US strike usually consists of cruise missiles and PGMs. How could they be so stupid. Seriously I mean seriously, a few dozen units of these and the 110 tomahawks that were fired could be countered easily. You trade gun ammo and missiles for the more expensive tomahawks.
edit on 19-3-2011 by THE_PROFESSIONAL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

MARCH 19, 2011
OBAMA: 'Today we are part of a broad coalition. We are answering the calls of a threatened people. And we are acting in the interests of the United States and the world'...

MARCH 19, 2003
BUSH: 'American and coalition forces are in the early stages of military operations to disarm Iraq, to free its people and to defend the world from grave danger'...

drudgereport.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by Libertygal because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Can someone explain this no-fly zone thing? It's a no-fly zone yet French and U.S. and other planes are bombing Gadaffi? What am I missing here?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by jude11

To enforce a no fly zone,they gotta blow the sh!t out of stuff on the ground!

They are most likely taking out aircraft on the ground and any and all support facilities for their air-force.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

True but it would not matter if the Americans and British were flying around. A no fly zone means no fly for Libya NOT for the UN countries who may fly in the zone.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by PuterMan
reply to post by Acid_Burn2009

True but it would not matter if the Americans and British were flying around. A no fly zone means no fly for Libya NOT for the UN countries who may fly in the zone.

You guys do know that a no fly zone is an act of war. Technically we are at war with Libya, right now. In a strange way. Their really is not much more to say about it, most middle aged Americans, understand this is a fight for oil, and not so much for saving civilian lives, that is what they gain after they secure their precious oil.

I am predicting very soon, our Governments greed, is going to do us in. Each time we enter a war, we always put ourselves into a position where nuclear weapons can be used. I am noticing less and less exercising of resilience and more of acceptance thru out the world, it is moments like these and the moments that are leading us into the future that will draw out the nuclear climate, where nukes will be used on each other and it will be the norm, oh just using nukes TACTICALLY to prevent casualties. Lets see what goes on out in Korea the next few weeks. I am sure NK will want to do another nuke test soon...

Anyhow this will prob. be my only post of my opinion on this stupid war.

everyone stay safe and blessings.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join