It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. warships launch airstrikes on Libya

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
some words from Putin come to mind right about now.

"military intervention in Libya is unacceptable"

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Something like that. This whole 'crisis' is a lie.

2nd

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

Oh believe me, I have thoroughly read every single piece of crap about it. I do know what is going on and am very aware of the misdirection, lies and propaganda pushed through the UN, MSM and the Pentagon in the lead up to yet another War/Occupation/Humanitarian Mission? (So many terms used these days for the same BS acts that I am losing count).

I also know that some things are not necessary to be said using anything but sarcasm. Thus, my one line statement.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
i wonder, what exactly did you people think a "no-fly zone" means?

of course they have to enforce it somehow, and of course they are going to protect the air superiority fighters enforcing it by taking out the ground-based anti air defenses...

seriously, what did you expect it would look like? "stop launching air-strikes or we will send you an angry letter telling you how angry we are!"?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Evanescence

Thank you Evanescence for putting that out. I was going to but you got
there first.

Sure sounded to me like all stops were pulled and we were given the go ahead to do what ever we had to do to stop Quaddifi

Wise old woman says read whole article and between the lines.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
All this and more from the man who won the Nobel Peace Prize.

Instead of letting someone win and it would be over, lets see how long we can prolong this conflict and how many more people can be killed. I know, just for kicks, (sarcasm) lets see if we can escalate this into a global conflict.

Isnt that what the Ignoble Peace Prize is all about?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by lektrofellon
reply to post by jude11

To enforce a no fly zone,they gotta blow the sh!t out of stuff on the ground!

edit on 19/3/11 by lektrofellon because: (no reason given)

Correct. So that the U.N. can enforce (and patrol) the no-fly zone, the first thing they do is take out the anti air assets that Libya possesses (radar, flak batteries, etc.).
First group of US planes that go in should be weasels.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatboyinternational

Instead of letting someone win and it would be over, lets see how long we can prolong this conflict and how many more people can be killed. I know, just for kicks, (sarcasm) lets see if we can escalate this into a global conflict.

Actually, what did he do to win it? From what I remember, he got into the White House and it was sitting on his desk to be used as a Presidential Paperweight.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
110 tomahawks costing a half million plus a piece. That means for the cost of that single air strike the US could have paid the salaries of 1500 teachers for a year. Remember it is teachers who need to tighten their belts. Never say the word defense in the same citizen as budget cuts. That would be treason!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Since this is being done let them do it quick!

IN AND OUT... France and UK has a part in this..

Lets kick this bum Ghadaffi out let the Libyan people
hold elections...

IF WERE GOING TO DO IT LETS GET IT DONE
NO GROUND BOOTS LETS THE REBELS CLEAN IT UP!

Get the bum hang him and let the Libyan people use that oil
to make an honest living!!! It's over a trillion dollars worth..

This is not all the USA's fault so you sympathetics can blame the
other countries involved also!

The Libyan people want help now, the international community can not
just lets them get rolled over and killed!..

This is a humanity crisis now they need help..

LETS DO IT AND GET IT OVER.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Just thought I'd point out to everyone going on about the no fly zone

France have 20 jets in Libyian airspace & have taken out Pro gaddafi tanks & LAV's

I want to know why this is happening in Libya, but nothing is happening in Barhaan, Yemen or Syria

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Now the MSM is reporting that this is just the beginning of a Multi-Phase Operation. Wonder what the next phases will be?

"Once we have established the No-Fly Zone, we will then move into the next phase"

I thought...oh never mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bun-G

France have 20 jets in Libyian airspace & have taken out Pro gaddafi tanks & LAV's

I want to know why this is happening in Libya, but nothing is happening in Barhaan, Yemen or Syria

Ok you have my attention..

I think the truth, has already revealed itself.

OIL

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Because the MSM has made Ghaddafi a household name and the entire World can recognize his face as a boogeyman. Makes for good evening news.

And they have nothing of value anyway.

edit on 19-3-2011 by jude11 because: edit

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by fatboyinternational

I agree. I hate this half-ass miltary intervention. It just prolongs the suffering. It's just like Iraq and Afgan.

If we're going to wage war, then wage WAR darnnit. All we're doing now is killing people and lining the pockets of defense contractors.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bicent76

Ok you have my attention..

I think the truth, has already revealed itself.

OIL

THIS!!!

The media isn't even trying to hide the fact, at least not in England. These reports have been going on since 19:00GST on all the main news channels - BBC NEWS, Sky News, Euro News, Russia Today, Press TV & Al Jeezia(sic)

Did you notice at the beginning of the Japanese crisis all the mainstay news channels were trying to redirect you to the plight of the Libyan rebels, only NHK news was sticking to the most important crisis with the earthquake, tsunami & power plants

I've read some Americans predictions (thats on this site in the forum) cannot remember who it was, but he supposedly predicted the great war & ww2 & it is eerie how much it seems we are moving towards ww3 esp with Isreal now calling for an invasion of Iran

My wife is 6 months pregnant, It's looking more & more likely my soon to be born baby is going to be born in a very different world from where I grew up

Edgar Cayce Prediction on WW3

edit on 19/3/11 by Bun-G because: edit to add links

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

who have nothing of value? Libya have huge oil reserves

I'm not sure of Syria, Yemen or Barhain but as far as I was aware, the whole of the middle east was rich in oil, mineral & metal deposits. Plus the Strait runs along the bottom of Yemen on trade routes

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   
I think the fact Hillary is in France probably cutting deals and the media is making a very strong emphases that the French fired the first shot pretty much tells me who's leading this coalition and it isn't the French. Washington is down playing their involvement with this big time. I don't think for a second that our govt is trying to stay out of this as they're trying to lead everyone to believe.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mtnshredder

I agree, I don't understand why it was France & Britain being so vocal about pushing the whole No Fly to the UN / G8 in the first place though. The US seemed unnaturally quiet about the whole thing. It seems that Barry has finally found his voice though

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dizziedame
This is most distrubing.

I find myself thinking YES this is the right thing to do.

This is survival at a very high level.

I in no way am a friend of the present administration but I have to say we played the game well this past week.

They did yes and I agree it is the right thing to do (atleast on paper) in this situation while hes killing his own people. The problem is the majority of the American people, including myself, feel that this is NOT our fight. It has nothing to do with us and were to believe that OUR government, that issues torture and has killed a million Iraqis to justify the deaths of 3000 Americans, actually cares about the Libyan people.

The way I see it is, if France wants to play war ...then let them play war. This is not our fight and honestly we simply dont have the resources to be fighting a third war right now no matter how right the cause may be. The American people dont even want to be in Afghanastan yet were still there. What ever happend to "For the people by the people"? We have people in our own country losing their homes, that cant find employment, and that cant even put the heat on. We have an emergency on our own border. We do NOT have the resources to be doing this.

Now the last question you have to ask is what comes next? When you get this dictator out whos to say the next wont be worse? Whos to say that he wont be another western puppet? Whos to say that placing a western puppet in power is actually what this is all about? Maybe the CIA created men in caves will take over? We the people simply dont know and yet were being forced to fund this opperation.

No. As just a cause as it is I simply cant agree with it if only because the majority of WE THE PEOPLE dont support it. Our government needs to learn to stop ignoring its people especially when it was founded by its people.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join