It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I Hope this is a Mistake | Possible RADIATION ALERT!

page: 1
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Take a look at this map and click the icon over Central NC:

cdxnode64.epa.gov...

Radiation is through the roof: This Hopefully is a mistake. Here are the readings:

Fixed Monitor Location: NC: RALEIGH
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 07:09:59 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 08:10:07 PM

Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 182835




posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by LightCraft
Take a look at this map and click the icon over Central NC:

cdxnode64.epa.gov...

Radiation is through the roof: This Hopefully is a mistake. Here are the readings:

Fixed Monitor Location: NC: RALEIGH
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/19/2011 07:09:59 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/19/2011 08:10:07 PM

Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 182835



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
I'm gonna call glitch
cause that is not possible unless Godzilla has come in from the East



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
it does say that, but what near there would cause that much radiation?

nearly opposite from japan.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
If you're suggesting it is coming from Japan, then well.. LOL - - otherwise, good post. Are there nuclear plants in/around that area?



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever
 


East Coast ---- Time zones


makes it work that way ...



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by IamAbeliever
 


lol

O.o



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by kermithermit111
 


I do that all the time when I call my Mum out in Newfoundland wakin' her up and s@#$
I'm like "What, no.... It's only 12:30 at night !!!!

LOL



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by HiMyNameIsMike
If you're suggesting it is coming from Japan, then well.. LOL - - otherwise, good post. Are there nuclear plants in/around that area?


True, I probably jumped the gun and put it in the wrong place. Although after seeing that reading, I just wanted to get the word out ASAP. Hopefully the mods will move it.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by lesisgod
reply to post by IamAbeliever
 


East Coast ---- Time zones


makes it work that way ...


I am in the eastern time zone. It's not 7:09 pm.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I did some more checking around that area, it does seem to be localized to that particular station. Everything around it is within normal limits. I am going to keep monitoring it and see if any changes occur. Hopefully it is a glitch. I am about 3 hours by car from Charlotte.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
It is high in the Tuscon area too. No plants there.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
There are also high readings in Montana



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Hell, it is not even 6pm on the east coast yet.

Is the link broke, I cannot see it?



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
Some reference for mR/hr :


On this scale an exposure of about 500 R in 5 hours is lethal for humans. A typical exposure of normal background radiation for a human is 200 mR per year or 23 μR per hour.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
There is nothing to be concerned about right now. You can't conclusively state that a certain area is showing high levels of radiation because you have nothing to compare it to unless you've been monitoring this site for months -- which I doubt.

For example, someone mentioned that Tucson, AZ was showing a high radiation level, but if you look at the data for Tucson over the course of the entire month of March you'd see that it's nothing out of the ordinary. The 'high' levels were happening before the earthquake even occurred. Check it out:

www.epa.gov...

As for Charlotte, that seems to be a glitch in the system.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I'm in Asheville, NC and I hope thats a glitch.



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by dvrt10
There is nothing to be concerned about right now. You can't conclusively state that a certain area is showing high levels of radiation because you have nothing to compare it to unless you've been monitoring this site for months -- which I doubt.

For example, someone mentioned that Tucson, AZ was showing a high radiation level, but if you look at the data for Tucson over the course of the entire month of March you'd see that it's nothing out of the ordinary. The 'high' levels were happening before the earthquake even occurred. Check it out:

www.epa.gov...

As for Charlotte, that seems to be a glitch in the system.


I agree with your length of monitoring comment. However all the other icons are in the 15-70 range and this one is 18,000 +?!?!

Seems as though that would he high on any scale, no matter the timeline..



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by LightCraft
 


I agree ... I just checked again and Charlotte is showing 18 -- so it looks like a false alarm.

Edit: but now Raleigh is showing around 180000 ... weird.
edit on 19-3-2011 by dvrt10 because: (no reason given)



posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Fixed Monitor Location: NC: RALEIGH
Measurement Start Date/Time: 03/18/2011 08:05:12 PM
Measurement End Date/Time: 03/18/2011 09:05:20 PM
Beta Gross Count Rate (CPM): 220154
Gamma Energy Range 2 Gross(CPM): 4545
...Gamma Energy Range 3 Gross(CPM): 2657
Gamma Energy Range 4 Gross(CPM): 725
Gamma Energy Range 5 Gross(CPM): 405
Gamma Energy Range 6 Gross(CPM): 257
Gamma Energy Range 7 Gross(CPM): 301
Gamma Energy Range 8 Gross(CPM): 200
Gamma Energy Range 9 Gross(CPM): 58
Gamma Energy Range 10 Gross(CPM): 72

Yesterday, thought it was a glitch so I didn't post it.




top topics



 
6
<<   2 >>

log in

join