It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Oh....so THAT'S why the U.S. Military isn't doing more to help our Japanese bretheren...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
...they were too busy preparing to start yet another war, this time with Libya.

Great. Our friends need help, there is a major nuclear catastrophe unfolding, but starting wars is a higher priority.

Our government says it's to "stop the violence" in Libya and to "protect the rebel forces".

Well, that's all fine and good, but what about PROTECTING our Japanese ALLIES and friends? What about protecting the world from nuclear fallout by doing EVERYTHING we can to stop it?

Nah, I guess invading nations and killing "hard targets" in an oil rich nation is more important.

edit on 19-3-2011 by harrytuttle because: url

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle

Great. Our friends need help, there is a major nuclear catastrophe unfolding, but starting wars is a higher priority.

Yes, it would seem that starting wars ranks higher than helping out our allies in Nobama's case. And his only priority higher than starting wars is filling out his NCAA tournament bracket.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
While I don't doubt that the government was more interested in starting new wars than helping Japan, I still don't get why people keep saying the US has done nothing to help?

We sent aid, our Military was helping out over there. We can't just force Japan to let us do whatever we want, Japan has to request specific help from the US. All of what was requested from Japan has been done by the US.

What more do you want?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

So what do you think the US should be doing in Japan? The reactor has a suicide squad working inside of it made up of Japanese workers. Too many people working on the problem becomes counter-productive! On top of all that you talk as if the assets in Japan were moved over to Libya? And anyway what good would US military personal be in Japan? We would have people jumping out of their skins accusing the US of invading Japan.
You also seem to forget that the Arab league AND our allies France amongst others, ASKED for our assistance with Libya. Which came through a UN resolution. Not like the US just decided to go interfere in Libya on it's own.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
The US has sent more aid to Japan than any other country at this point. Japan has also SPECIFICALLY asked for only limited help.

Nice try though.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Jeez, I'm getting bored of ATS, mainly due to the threads like this that try to link two completely separate events together somehow, in order to fulfil a delusion of a conspiracy.

I am not from the US, but I think James (above) has it right. Just what do you want the US to do, other than what is asked to?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by James1982
While I don't doubt that the government was more interested in starting new wars than helping Japan, I still don't get why people keep saying the US has done nothing to help?

We sent aid, our Military was helping out over there. We can't just force Japan to let us do whatever we want, Japan has to request specific help from the US. All of what was requested from Japan has been done by the US.

What more do you want?

MISSISSIPPI 10.1
GEORGIA 10.4
KENTUCKY 10.4
OREGON 10.4
SOUTH CAROLINA 10.5
MICHIGAN 10.7
RHODE ISLAND 11.3
FLORIDA 11.9
CALIFORNIA 12.4
NEVADA 14.2

Those are unemployment rates. That's disgusting. We need to fix the problems in our own back yard before we go pi$$ing in someone else's.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

i agree with you harry! the gov can't make money for their cronies unless they make war! to help japan would cost money for the gov, so they want us civies to fund the japan crisis because they want to further the hardship on the people. this system of world government(rome) and their new world order must end! i know they will fail!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by IamAbeliever

What more do you want?

MISSISSIPPI 10.1
GEORGIA 10.4
KENTUCKY 10.4
OREGON 10.4
SOUTH CAROLINA 10.5
MICHIGAN 10.7
RHODE ISLAND 11.3
FLORIDA 11.9
CALIFORNIA 12.4
NEVADA 14.2

Those are unemployment rates. That's disgusting. We need to fix the problems in our own back yard before we go pi$$ing in someone else's.

Hey I totally agree with you. But that's not what this thread is about. It's about the US not giving enough help to Japan because they were planning to get involved with Libya. That has nothing to do with the domestic issues of the US, which are many.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I notice the OP has neglected to add any concrete examples of what he thinks the US Government SHOULD be doing that it isn't.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I slightly agree that we should try to do more, but then I look at something like Hurricane Katrina, and I didn't see Japan coming to their aid sooo....but then again, the US gov't barely did either. The thing is, no matter how good a system in place, it relies on the people, and no one seems to handle catastrophes or big issues correctly. IMHO.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
The US could use their alien derived tech to transport the reactors, spent fuel and surrounding buildings to the sun for disposal. Oh, that is right, they might scare the rest of the world if they reveal that tech.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
I slightly agree that we should try to do more, but then I look at something like Hurricane Katrina, and I didn't see Japan coming to their aid sooo....but then again, the US gov't barely did either. The thing is, no matter how good a system in place, it relies on the people, and no one seems to handle catastrophes or big issues correctly. IMHO.

Actually Japan did send aid during Katrina. Not only the Japanese government, but Japanese businesses sent millions to the US.

Even if they didn't, that doesn't change anything. Aid can only be given in the manner it is requested. The US fulfilled ALL requests from Japan for aid. So the issue of the US not helping out enough is without any merit whatsoever.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
The U.S. does too much for this country and too little for that country... why doesn't everyone just shut up about it and go join the Peace Corp!!! Nut up or Shut up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Why does it always have to be the U.S.? Where is the rest of the world, not that I don't want to help. Where is Canada, where is Europe, where is anyone in South America, where is the rest of Asia? For a NWO, they sure are turning their backs and letting us always slide in to take blame for doing too much.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

What more do you want?

On your dime. Our government will spend trillions of the tax payers money without a second thought.
then websites will pop up everywhere to ask for more support and MONEY .

Japan has money, LOTS of money. they only need spend it instead of waiting for a free hand out.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
The action in Libya, and it is action now, is a result of a consensus in the UN by vote, nobobdy asked anybody for help against Libya. Japan has and will have help, and more help as needed. They are pretty resourceful people anyway. As for their own people working at the nuclear plant, they are very brave, and at risk, calling them a suicide squad is just flippant, and degrading.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bramble Iceshimmer
The US could use their alien derived tech to transport the reactors, spent fuel and surrounding buildings to the sun for disposal. Oh, that is right, they might scare the rest of the world if they reveal that tech.

gave me a good laugh thank you

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by anumohi

What more do you want?

On your dime. Our government will spend trillions of the tax payers money without a second thought.
then websites will pop up everywhere to ask for more support and MONEY .

Japan has money, LOTS of money. they only need spend it instead of waiting for a free hand out.

Like I said this thread is about the US not sending ENOUGH aid to Japan because of the Libya situation, which just isn't true. Whether or not we SHOULD send aid is another thread and subject entirely.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by minigunner
Why does it always have to be the U.S.? Where is the rest of the world, not that I don't want to help. Where is Canada, where is Europe, where is anyone in South America, where is the rest of Asia? For a NWO, they sure are turning their backs and letting us always slide in to take blame for doing too much.

As far as I know there are british search and rescue teams there already. European hardware would take a while to get there, and US ships were deployed around the 12th or 13th... they would have to wait for safe seas anyway. So what exactly is the rant about? first things first. The biggest need is to contain the nuclear plants, Fuel= transportation, and to look for those missing and the dead. Fuel is also important to carry out all those things, as well as evacuation.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join