It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Large Protest Happening Right Now in San Francisco!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Listening to the SF-A9 (critical incidents) radio band right now. PD is looking at 1,500 protestors between 5th and Market down to 7th and Market. Black Bloc has been seen out in front of the Old Navy store on Market St. Looking at about 40 BB right now. (just came over the radio)

Edit:
It's pouring rain in San Francisco right now. Sirens are going crazy around the city. Possibly something happening at SF State College from directions sirens are coming from. Something going on at Sutter and Stockton.
edit on 3/19/2011 by mistafaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
Do we know what they are protesting?
I have said for a while now that these Overseas protests/revolutions are coming to America.

It WILL be here sooner rather than later.
It will also be just as engineered too by Alqaeda,CIA or whatever they are calling themselves these days.
What's in a name anyway?
It is what they do that is important.

We shall see soon enough.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Screwed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by mistafaz

Why would there be protesting in San Francisco?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Sounds like the heart of downtown to me. Any idea what it's about yet?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by grumpydaysleeper

Libya maybe??

I only turned my radio on b/c I thought there may have been a bad accident on 19th Ave and changed to A9 to see if it was a serious accident but protest was on instead.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   
25-50 people protesting out infront of the St. Francis Hotel. Tail end is at Grant and Market.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   
Are we certain it isn't just a parade?

You never know.
I'm just sayin'.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

Black Bloc being seen putting on hoods and masks were seen running with large canvas bags. Not a parade, same MO as right after US invasion of Iraq.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Would be a terrible time for a Northern Cal earthquake to hit....but you have to say that's devotion to a cause to stand in the pouring rain and continue to protest

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

3-19 March to End War in San Francisco. This protest march has been planned for months. Flyers posted all over the city since january.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Sounds like someone has a mic problem... Open mike heard chants of "Money for jobs and education. Not for war and --don't know---." and "Let's fight back!" A lot of chanting being hear over the radio.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Apparently, it's to protest foreign conflicts the U.S. has become involved in. It appears to have been planned for awhile and inspired by the uprisings in the Middle East. It's ironic that they choose today to protest, only hours (if even) since airstrikes started in Libya. Or, it's kind of ironic. This is the eighth anniversary of our invasion of Iraq. Had no idea about that, actually.

Organization Site

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by sidthekid26

Completely forgot about the protests... Did remember seeing some fliers for them at City College Ocean Campus but was never informed at work about this.. The open mic situation is very odd... never heard an open mic before like this.

***ONLY SPECULATION: but the clarity of the chants may mean someone has a cop's radio.***

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by the6elf
reply to post by Screwed

3-19 March to End War in San Francisco.

San Francisco is at war???
Ohh no this is getting bad people.
I am on my way to help in anyway I can.
Cocked Locked and ready to rock.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Skirmish lines being set up at points along the protest.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by mistafaz
reply to post by sidthekid26

Completely forgot about the protests... Did remember seeing some fliers for them at City College Ocean Campus but was never informed at work about this.. The open mic situation is very odd... never heard an open mic before like this.

***ONLY SPECULATION: but the clarity of the chants may mean someone has a cop's radio.***

Or the cop who's radio it is could be in an emergency situation or just a malfunction.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by macman

I would say malfunction since there hasn't been an open mic for several minutes. If it was an emergency situation, for cops it's almost an involuntary movement pressing their Code 33 buttons on their radios. If not it'll become clear in minutes. This is one helluva day to protest in SF with the pouring rains and a high wind alert for the city.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
OK, so the main speakers of the protest have ended and now the people have started breaking off from the main protest. Police are going around and informing smaller protest groups that the main protest has ended. The end of a protest is a tense time b/c there's no knowing what the dispersing crowd will do but police are holding back for several minutes to watch the progress.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
From the sound of things the situation has calmed down some. The sun is finally coming out and I'll keep you guys updated if anything turns.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
This a civil rights protest and a martial law exposure all in one... Started by the hacker group Anonymous... the awakening is beginning....

<<   2 >>

join