It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Clinton: U.S to deploy "unique capabilities" on Libyan forces

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
So, I'm at work and posting this on my blackberry. I am watching the news though and heard this in a statement my Hillary Clinton. My first thoughts were that this is an opportunity for the U.S military to employ certain weaponry that we have not witnessed in Iraq or Afghanistan. I just found that statement pretty blunt yet questionable. It seems to be a fresh opportunity for a show of force, possibly revealing new technology. Just a thought. My breaks over now so I gotta get back to work. Lol.

This is my first thread and I'm on tweaked out blackberry, can someone put this in the right place for me?
edit on 19-3-2011 by Tacticz86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I too wonder what is meant by 'unique capabilities'. A question the media seems to be ignoring so far. Since the US aren't supplying ground troops and probably not planes I'm guessing they are providing materiel support in the form of satellite surveillance, smart missiles, drones etc.

Of course the vagueness of the phrase also sparks the imagination - space based beam weapons anyone?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
I think she means that we will drop a lot of bombs on them and kill lots of innocent people, that is the only thing America seems capable of lately :/

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Simple, you don't have to go this far to find an answer to this question. Drumroll please ... The answer is HAARP.
If you didn't ever heard about it here's a link.

H.A.A.R.P. - High frequency active auroral research program

Here's a youtube video that explain well what it actually is.

The HAARP project

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   
To be honest, if HAARP does have the capabilites to have an effect in Libya, would it be such a good idea for the US to broadcast it? If they did, can you imagine the questions that would be asked? They would be blamed for every single earthquake that has happened recently for a start.....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
It is no surprise to see this assault quickly become an experimental playground for our psychopathic death machine.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Exactly!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
do you not have an exact quote from her?

I think she was probably refering to the unique capability's the US can offer, ie the supercarrier force etc and the sheer quantity of military battle hardened forces in the region

noone else really has those capabilitys

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
US have lots of unique capabilities. AC-130U gunships, Airborne Laser. MTHEL, GPS guided bombs. Sniper rifle that kills at over a mile, Ground mappin radar and weapon guidence aircraft etc... UAV's with weapons. I could go on and on. Some fringe weapons that may not exist like "Rods from the Gods", weapon grade lasers on satelites, Robtic soldiers.

Needless to say there are many well known unique capabilities and many exotic possibly non existant weapons she may be speaking about.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Tacticz86

perhaps this is what raptor clinton meant:

bugbots

or maybe this:

Smart Dust is already in our environment

Smart Dust - D.A.R.P.A. Military Technology

Smart Dust microchip technology is in the air! You're breathing it!

all perfect assassination weapons

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thruthseek3r
Simple, you don't have to go this far to find an answer to this question. Drumroll please ... The answer is HAARP

Hardly. She's probably referring to the size and capability of our military in general, but if there were one "unique capability" you can crap all over someone's Wheaties with tout suite, it would likely be the BLU-114 series. I just love that thing.

And, of course, there's Proteus, I suppose, but we'd never use that on Libya.

new topics

top topics

join