It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is this video from 12-MAR-2011 a fake?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
This was posted in another thread, but it was a bit off-topic, as it didn't come from the known hoax source which the thread was based around, and it's so compelling I thought it was worth pulling out on its own.

My position regarding unknown aerial objects is that the vast majority of sightings are explicable, and I approach any evidence from a skeptical perspective. I try hard to be rigorous in eliminating all possible alternative explanations. Usually, they are immediately apparent to me.

However, my only theory for this video so far is that it may have been faked, with the object added in. I lack the expertise to support that, so if anyone skilled at recognizing video trickery could give it a look, I would appreciate it.

IMPORTANT: Skip to 0:35 because prior to that there's just random sci-fi imagery -- the callsign of the group who released this, I suppose.

I've just returned to researching this area after many years away, so if anyone can verify whether the group itself is known to be reliable I would also appreciate it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Great find.

I agree.

S+F

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
FYI, OP or any one, not to be off topic... Butta...
There's alot of "UFO's" being sighted in libya near fighting aircrafts and what nots.
Go check it out...

I would butta the kids wont let me stay on here too long

Good luck, VV6 allways looking up

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
if you gotta ask if its fake or not then that probably means you think that it could probabaly be...so most people will probably see that its just debree also...good eye to whoever noticed it to begin with but to me it does look like debree from the explosion thats just fluttering in the wind..i have never been to the ocean but i can imagine that the winds on the caost exspecially if its blowing that it could be pretty strong

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

No, in this case it means I can't explain it another way. I don't have enough information to decide anything about how valid it is whatsoever, because I'm not knowledgeable enough to recognize a fake if it isn't obvious. So it isn't that I look at it and think "that looks like it could be fake", but rather that I cannot form an opinion on whether it looks like it could be a fake. Because I'm not good enough at knowing what a fake looks like. Capiche? (Or, as Bart Simpson thought the store cop said: Catfish?)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru

hey bud i was wasnt trying to start anything or piss you off by no means...i was just stating what i was seeing...im sorry if i offended you...youre just trying to get your words out and same on my end
edit on 19-3-2011 by gdaub23 because: took something out that i didnt mean to take out attempting to fix

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Well, Since all any of us have are opinions anyway..
I may as well share my own..

We see lots and lots of fake videos, constantly,
and I will always be one of the first to call a video "BS" if I have even the slightest reason to think so..

But my opinion is that whatever is seen in this video..
was really videotaped, and not added in later.

Debris? maybe, but doesnt seem likely, going by how it moves toward the reactor rather than away from it, like everything else.

UFo? wouldnt surprise me in the least. lol

But who knows.

It is interesting, and doesnt seem / feel "fake" to me.

Whatever it is, I think was really videotaped as seen.

Thanks for sharing!

Much better than the "omg ufo'S IN jAPAN" (that have been poor quality videos of helicopters) lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by gdaub23

Oh no, I didn't take offense at all. I didn't intend my tone to be harsh, so I apologize for coming across that way. I was just explaining my reasoning.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
reply to post by gdaub23

No, in this case it means I can't explain it another way. I don't have enough information to decide anything about how valid it is whatsoever, because I'm not knowledgeable enough to recognize a fake if it isn't obvious. So it isn't that I look at it and think "that looks like it could be fake", but rather that I cannot form an opinion on whether it looks like it could be a fake. Because I'm not good enough at knowing what a fake looks like. Capiche? (Or, as Bart Simpson thought the store cop said: Catfish?)

Competely agree - not even an expert could come to any conclusion based on this low quality single clip of an event - how can we be expected to.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Theres a genuine disaster in front of your eyes and your looking for ufos. Let me add the video has movie scenes from " When the earth stood still" and "alien" along with music. Why would you go to the effort off adding that prior to such an allegedley monumental event, I would just upload the damn video.

In any case the nuclear disaster is still ongoing so the alleged ufo did nothing.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I'm wondering exactly what disaster was prevented? Since we seem to have an ongoing one right now.
Besides, an external object could just as likely have been responsible.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by CrazyMonkey
Theres a genuine disaster in front of your eyes and your looking for ufos. Let me add the video has movie scenes from " When the earth stood still" and "alien" along with music. Why would you go to the effort off adding that prior to such an allegedley monumental event, I would just upload the damn video.

In any case the nuclear disaster is still ongoing so the alleged ufo did nothing.

As you can see, I asked about the reputation of this group in my original post immediately after noting the extra content, which seems to appear on everything they upload. I don't see what that has to do with anything. If I took a video of Ronald McDonald and stuck an alien on it, that wouldn't mean the video was faked. It would make me question the credibility of the source, as I did, but it couldn't possibly lead to any conclusions either way on the face of it.

As for your assumption that it's impossible to be aware of more than one subject at a time, I disagree. The majority of my posts and the bulk of my reading here has been in the Japan forum, yet somehow I have also managed to participate in other threads without developing amnesia about the tragedy.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
IF this isn't faked then its very interesting, both objects do not act as debris normally does. The one coming down if debris would normally be rotating on all axis but this seems to be holding position very clearly. Its not impossible for it to be debris but its very out of the ordinary if it is.

The one that comes in from the side is definitely odd, even with an implosion of any kind the chances of seeing an object come in from what seems beyond the initial blast radius on a perfect level and then to stop, hold position and then slowly go down is without doubt not normal behaviour for debris.

So for me there's 3 possibilities

1. its faked....Highest likely unproven (at the moment) candidate.

2. Its debris or some other material object just randomly falling / flying like that.

3. Its something under intelligent control doing or looking for some reason.

IF its not faked I'd be looking at 3 very carefully...

new topics

top topics

join