It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Members Super Moon pictures

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   
I've seen a lot of threads about the Super Moon but I'm not sure if there is one specifically aimed at members pictures so here it is.

To start off here is my rather feeble attempt. The moon isn't that great through a 55mm lens

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/17ee49914b6f.jpg[/atsimg]

It's very very bright thats all I can say

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Great pic, Dave! S+F!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by davespanners

I seen better. Although I just might miss it tonight since its cloudy here. Hopefully it all clears out by tonight. Might even go for a run while im at it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
my gf took my camera on a night out so i cnt take pics, but i can say it does look rather large and bright tonight does the moon..!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by moosevernel

I wish my photography skills were better I'm only just learning to use this dslr

If only someone would buy me a £2000 telephoto lens I could give you all better moon pics

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

I just took a peek outside and, meh, wasn't impressed.

I figured I'd take a pic anyway, just to contribute to this thread, and wouldn't you know it; just as I snapped the pic some
damn freaking punk kid has to ride his stinkin bike in front of the moon and spoiled the whole picture.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/69f8699689c6.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ya, looks like he's riding like he stole something!

What is he carrying in that basket?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Well Dave spanners, prepare to feast your eyes on the Super Moon as seen from the West Of Ireland-----

This is a handy guide to the orbs in the big picture:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b2ec7dcad78b.png[/atsimg]

It is a big picture and pointing directly at the moon. The moon, the planets! Gobsmacked huh?

Actually cloudy as hell and those are rain drops!!!!! (Lit by the flash)

edit on 19/3/2011 by PuterMan because: to add clarity and the guide to the orbs

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I have to say I also am feeling like there was alot of hype about this over nothing.It's a little past 9:30 here and I was just outside.Although the moon is bright and clear, it doesn't appear any bigger to me than I've seen it before......

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
those watching the moon already high in the sky will only notice it slightly brighter than a regular full moon, the supermoon effect was/is more noticeable to the naked eye when the moon first rises above the horizon.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
The just announced on ATS LIVE, that the BEST moon pic WINS the ATS moon pic contest. With that being said, here is the winning entry!

Did i mention "WINNING!?"

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
It is bright but I'm sure I've seen it much bigger than that. Not quite sure what the big fuss is all about. It's a very clear night here.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
not very good pic but its still something!

img26.imageshack.us...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
I'm going to buy a canon T3i, D7, or D60 probably at the beginning of the month. Sad I don't have the money now

Keep the pics coming

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Okay, here is a picture I took of the Perigee moon near my house last month:

I have about an hour from now until moonrise. Half hour after sunset. I don't know how dark it is going to be and there are still a few clouds on the horizon....but I will see if I can beat it!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Through my telescope with me kodak camera.

edit on 19-3-2011 by chefc14 because: add a second pic

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have three great pictures but how do I upload from my computer??? I have never done it here before.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by PLUMBER1
I have three great pictures but how do I upload from my computer??? I have never done it here before.

Check out this thread on how to upload an avatar.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

It gives pretty good instructions on how to upload pics to your photo album.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by PLUMBER1

I find it easier to use photobucket. I often use my pics for different forums so this way I only have to upload them once.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

Ok Thanks. It will have to wait till I get home on Sunday. The hotels wifi is pretty slow right now and I have a long drive home tomorrow. Will work on getting them up tomorrow night.

Just as a teaser I have a few pictures that show 2 moons! I assume it is lens refraction and not plant X!!!!!

Wait to you see it real cool!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join