It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

! Need someone with skills for creating a custom Avatar...

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Testing resized avatar.....bear with me please.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by weedwhacker

Maybe try clearing your browser cache. Your background image was "clipped" short for me earlier as well, but the full image seems to be showing now.

reply to post by StealthyKat

The "member's center" has been replaced by the "Tools" tab (which should automatically take you to the profile sub-tab where changes are currently made). As for wanting the "entire pic to show", which pic are you referring to? Your background image is 200x200; so it's naturally going to repeat, and your avatar is 173x558 (far too tall to fit into the 170x240 space allowed).

reply to post by CosmicCitizen

No need to post to test it. Simply go to any post you've already made and any update should automatically show up.

edit on 3/20/11 by redmage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   
I think we fixed it now.....testing 1,2,3.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
This one should be about right....
"Here we go." Budweiser

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicCitizen

Again, no need to re-post to test it. Simply returning to the thread usually shows any changes instantly, and, if not, clearing the browser cache does the trick.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Thanx to all you guys who worked on it, testing now will be back.

Thank you guys again, some excellent arts.

Looks like I'm having trouble finding the place to change my avatar, can someone guide me step by step pls.

oopps ....got it all figured out. Avatar on-line.

edit on 21-3-2011 by MoonandStar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:15 AM
link   
reply to post by StealthyKat

Can you make violet colored areas Red instead and if possible put a grey alien head under the turkish flag part(head can be transparent)

Thanx for the efforts.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MoonandStar

"Coffee please, oh, and a Croissant!" If you can't make an Avatar, you should be very pleased with the the work who other did for you. Humility anyone? An Alienhead just destroys that picture, so you have to do this by your own.

Download Paint Dot Net. And start playing with it. To understand how it works, you just have to think about Foils, each on an other (layers), its relative easy to learn. And if you can work with this Progi, you can also work with Photoshop.

www.getpaint.net...

edit on 21-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   
Member Agarta was great in helping me get my Avatar resized and uploaded.
Thanks man.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by cushycrux

"Coffee please, oh, and a Croissant!" If you can't make an Avatar, you should be very pleased with the the work who other did for you. Humility anyone? An Alienhead just destroys that picture, so you have to do this by your own.

Download Paint Dot Net. And start playing with it. To understand how it works, you just have to think about Foils, each on an other (layers), its relative easy to learn. And if you can work with this Progi, you can also work with Photoshop.

www.getpaint.net...

Have you heard me complainig??? Person just asked me if theres anything I wanted changed .....I mean whats wrong with letting him know which parts I want differently..??

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar

www.getpaint.net...

Have you heard me complainig??? Person just asked me if theres anything I wanted changed .....I mean whats wrong with letting him know which parts I want differently..??

So sorry then, take the gifted fish. Just tried to help you paint...but hey

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by MoonandStar

www.getpaint.net...

So sorry then, take the gifted fish. Just tried to help you paint...but hey

Thanx for the offer then

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I understand your thinking. "give a man a fish and he eats for a day, teach the man to fish and feed him a lifetime"
I do a lot of graphics so I don't mind. As for "paint" I personally think it sux. Yes it is a beginners program but it is missing key functions like crop. I suggest GIMP 2.0 It a beginners program as well but the options and functions vastly over shadow paint. It can be downloaded here www.gimp.org... for free.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
yes you are correct. But gimp is a kind of confusing novices with it's interface. But I like it too. I would prefer PS CS, but it's damn expensive.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Agarta

Agarta - I realllllllly like the avatar you created for the OP!

Compelling - Spooky - like a nightmare... It sooo fits the mood for ATS!

I'd hand you an Applause for that one if I could!

4 Stars!

peace
edit on 21-3-2011 by silo13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

I agree it is a little overwhelming but I figure if you are going to learn how to use one without the !!EXPENSE!! you might as well learn something you can use for a while. I like PSP but I find that I am always putting my graphics through 3 or 4 programs before it is done.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Thank you so much It is nice to know my work is appreciated. No need for applause Two mods gave me applause and 500pt each thats plenty.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

LOL.....I just did that real quick to give you a general idea of what it looked like.....that's why I said to let me know what to change....but I am not a pro, and I think the one the other member did is great! Much better than mine
I just wanted to help in case no one else did....I'm just learning all this stuff too!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join