It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking now: US joins the fight launching missles

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Where does he get the authority to wage war on our behalf? From the UN? Article one, Section eight makes it crystal clear who has this power - CONGRESS - The representatives of the People, not some corporatist shill posing as President and certainly not some foreign unelected body such as the pernicious and illegitimate U -F'ing - N!

We are doomed as a nation. I just want the sheep to know one thing: YOU WERE WARNED!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Stirring up the hornets is their goal. I would imagine that this will lead to fresh terror attacks in other countries to take things to the next level.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
As the song goes, Meet the new boss ............... same as the old boss.

And folks actually thought he would not be the puppet. TPTB have all the cards, and Obama was just the next one on the deck.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

3... 2... 1.... Lift off --- ~~~S> > > > > > > > > (TF)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by kermithermit111
reply to post by YouAreDreaming

it makes me ill too.. but maybe if we can survive it, all those war mongering people will kill themselves off..

sadly

Hard to say, we live in very tense and interesting times. I hope we all survive, more so life on Planet Earth can survive but I am deeply concerned about a third world war as many of us have been.

It's overdue by normal standards and sadly seems to be manifesting since 9/11. I have believed that 9/11 was the start of WWIII and that it will be a long slow gradual war like we are seeing unfold over the last 10 years.

More concerned if Iran or NK was attacked than Libya but still, same pot.
edit on 19-3-2011 by YouAreDreaming because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
No links yet, like i said it is just breaking now. I will post link when it becomes available. I think it was extremely important that the US was not the first wave of attacks.

All just political. If not 1st, then 2nd. But guaranteed the fingers were on the trigger anyway.

Still, I think it's a big deal that the US wasn't the first to fire. Even more surprising is that France was. France is usually opposed to military action. I'd like to see some Arab countries step up and get involved.

link   

Originally posted by lcbjr1979
reply to post by Darth_Prime

I honestly dont think they have a plan. The only real way to assure this does not happen again is to get Qadaffi out of there, but by doing that you need to rebuild the government and that just leads to another unstable country in the middle east. I really cant see and end game that benefits anyone really at this point.

Exactly Me Point.... they are going to 'Take Him Out' and have to stay to rebuild the country... taking him out would lead to ground troops.. which is another war.. unless they just bomb everything in which case probably killing civilians.. which is why we started this ""humanitarian endeavor"" to save them.. correct

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Is it just me or does anyone else think that Qadaffi is going to go all out on a counter strike against the allied forces. I am not real sure on what he all has for weapons and stuff, i will be looking into now. I do remember that he stop his WMD's in 2003 but i am willing to bet he still has some. This my friends I fear will not be a quick conflict.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
The question how long until russia and china come and aid Qadaffi ?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Why can't we launch tomahawk missiles at the UN building in New York. They are the cause of most of the problems in the world. I didn't vote for Barry and don't appreciate him starting another war on behalf of the US.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
War is peace. Slavery is freedom. Another war for oil. I am SO sick of it all. It bores me. Tragedy, day in and day out. I am sick of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Discussion already ongoing in threads

www.abovetopsecret.com...
and

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
And another interesting thing is that an attack was launched on Israel once the allies started hitting Libya.

abovetopsecret.com...

While everyones attention is on libya, hamas figures no one will know.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
Discussion already ongoing in threads

and

May as well add this one to the list... seems like a hot topic.

I wonder if the UN can do this for Libya, when will they do this for the protesters killed in Saudi Arabia?

Seems to me that attacks then are also justified on military targets against SA. Hypocrisy here?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Again with the WW3 crowd... It's ridiculous how people think this is the start of WW3.

Megatron would pity us humans right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
If you following oil prices, you can see why they have waiting until now to launch attacks.

When the rebels were making progress against Quadafi, oil prices began to rise from 90 to107 a barrel or there about. When Quadafi would win a battle and gain back control the prices would go down. Quadafi was getting real close to finishing off the opposition, and oil prices began to slide, so now we get intervention from outside to make sure the oil prices boost again.

This is just TPTB playing their next card so they can get everything where they want it.

edit on 19-3-2011 by EssenceOfSilence because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

i believe the significance of this thread is the specificity of who has now openly joined the fight: the US

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

Every war starts somewhere. When Archduke Franz Ferdinan was assinated it was not like everyone knew that was the start of the war. It was decided later that this attack was the begining. Who is to say that this even could not trigger it all. China and Russia abstain from the UN vote which shows they are no in favor of it. If they enter the conflict by giving aid to libya then it is world war 3.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Jepic

so tell us exactly what you think we should all be thinking right now?

on the grand scale please?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   
Pentagon briefing on now. Here are the highlights

- targets hit are ones near the coast where majority of libyan forces are
- targets were selected based on the threat of thier use on civilians
-reiterates that it is a joing effort urged for by libyan rebels and arab nations
-US military will continue to use our unique capabilities to create conditions that our partners can efforce the no fly zone

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join