It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Received strong message

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
I was in my meditative, half-asleep state last night (I know the Toltecs used to receive messages during that state) and I received a very strong, clear message. (no, no substances used if you're curious). It had been a little while since I had received something so very strong. Usually it's just an impression.

A simple old truth:

You are not your past.

And with it came the sense that if we are to jump to the next phase - we need to embrace it.

Just wanted to relay it - take it as you will. It was very freeing and brought hope but a sense of sadness that our world still holds on to much greed and hate.

Peace to you

edit on 19/3/2011 by TravellingFool because: mispell

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by TravellingFool

I'm reminded of one of my favorite lines in William Browning Spencer's novel Zod Wallop:

"Anybody can make up a story and call it the past."

Er, to be clear, I'm not saying you're making up your story, but that the nature of the past is inherently malleable and therefore something we feel more beholden to than we are.
edit on 19-3-2011 by sepermeru because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by sepermeru
therefore something we feel more beholden to than we are.

yes
that is so very true

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   

No substance used, means no blowing? weed
edit on 19-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   
Definitely a very unique state of consciousness, a lot is forgotten however and gets pushed back to the subconscious. I love to have a notepad by my bed to record my thoughts in that twilight state, sometimes I am even surprised at what I wrote.
especially with cannabis in the equation.
edit on 3/19/2011 by LoveSoldier because: I wanted to imply cannabis may be useful

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
I've been getting messages, etc., all day as I've been pulled into heavy trances periodically. A huge amount of info came in, but what it is in a nutshell is that this is an amazing time for us "here". Just allow yourself to appreciate it and really feel how sublime it all is, so elegant. Change your perceptions of things from fear to love. It's not that hard to do. Just lose the fear. Change is only frightening because we don't know what's coming next. Know that what is coming is just as gorgeous as what has just passed. Let it go and look forward with pure love.

Once all that info is parsed, I'm sure I'll be back here (somewhere on ats) with some of my rants. See? That alone is something to look forward to, right?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Big question is, how would we let go of our past to be able to jump into the next phase if that's what's being said?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by curious7
Big question is, how would we let go of our past to be able to jump into the next phase if that's what's being said?

Start living in the now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

I felt the same way last night as well. Cannabis was included, but I sat on my porch and really observed the moon for about 15 minutes. When coming back into the house, I sat on my bed and I started hearing vibrational frequencies. I started to listen more attentively and it sounded a lot like Binaural beats. Exactly like them to be honest, but It was in my mind. I could feel my consciousness trying to pull away from my body at times, reminding me that everything around me is a facade. I have been doing isolation tanks the last few weeks and tried binaural beats as well, but never had I been able to hear them without headphones. I know something is changing in me and it helps to know others are experiencing these events as well. Would like to hear more about others experiences too. I think there really is a spiritual awakening going on, and I feel fortunate to be a part of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by allclad hero

You know what's funny? I'm in Eugene. Just saw on your Avatar and thought I'd mention it and thought the distance and your message was interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours

Start living in the now.

Yes and throw off anything that hinders our growth as a whole. I know, good luck, right? But someday, we may be ready.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Ha! About time for the oregonians to take over this site. I have been on ATS for a long time but rarely post. Felt compelled to comment on your post though, it really resonated with me. I'm no longer in Salem though, I'm now in Portland. I got friends in Eugene as well. Do you guys have isolation tanks down there? We got a place here in Portland and it has really helped accelerate my spiratual growth. Cheers!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TravellingFool

Start living in the now.

Yes and throw off anything that hinders our growth as a whole. I know, good luck, right? But someday, we may be ready.

But that's the thing, I've been living in the now for a while, hard at times when depression forces the past onto you to drag you down. Even in times when it doesn't set in and I'm focused on what I'm doing at that moment in time, it still doesn't feel like I'm even close to being ready.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by allclad hero

Ha! About time for the oregonians to take over this site. I have been on ATS for a long time but rarely post. Felt compelled to comment on your post though, it really resonated with me. I'm no longer in Salem though, I'm now in Portland. I got friends in Eugene as well. Do you guys have isolation tanks down there? We got a place here in Portland and it has really helped accelerate my spiratual growth. Cheers!

Cool, Portland is pretty sweet. I am not sure about the tanks to be honest. Glad you found a connection here. I have seen a few people floating around from the state.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Start living in the now.

But that's the thing, I've been living in the now for a while, hard at times when depression forces the past onto you to drag you down. Even in times when it doesn't set in and I'm focused on what I'm doing at that moment in time, it still doesn't feel like I'm even close to being ready.

Well, I have a few thoughts on the matter. One is that things on this earth take many years to prepare. As humans go, we really are still in the infancy of thought - beyond the basics of survival, etc - some still struggle greatly with this. And my own personal belief is in the "twinkling of an eye" theory - where it will just happen - I don't think there is a 100% ready. Just like baking cookies - there are only guidelines, no exact time (exact baking time is such a theoretical, subjective thing) - but I think when we hover around that point it will happen.
Just my own theories.

Keep hope - we will get there - maybe not in our lifetimes, but what we seek and create do matter.

edit on 19/3/2011 by TravellingFool because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

A simple old truth:

You are not your past.

edit on 19/3/2011 by TravellingFool because: mispell

Interesting, I have been trying to achieve that state of meditation, it's kind of hard out here in Afghanistan though, too many helicopters flying by, maybe when I get home I can finally achieve it.

very interesting message though, makes you wonder what kind of "tweaking" is going on with the human species, maybe we do have a greater purpose after all, only a few have realized it however.

Full enlightment is upon us; sadly the world is not ready for it..
edit on 19-3-2011 by EL1A5 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
I just started meditating a few months ago. Can anyone share with me some techniques that work for you? Preferably none with drugs involved.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by backpage
I just started meditating a few months ago. Can anyone share with me some techniques that work for you? Preferably none with drugs involved.

I usually meditate in bed right before sleep - sometimes just alone during the day if I have the time (which I find I nap shortly after lol)- that way the subconscious is active but you're still aware of your thoughts. I have my eyes closed as I am a hyper-vigilant person by nature, so I would be too distracted watching or listening for things. I also lucid dream and dreamwalk - so sometimes my meditation is a preparation for that.

I think the key is understanding what you need to get yourself into a really relaxed but aware state.

top topics

join