It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would we all get along better if we posted our actual pictures as avatars?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
reply to post by OuttaHere

You're awesome! Thanks for being the 1st to post pics! I guess its my turn now....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggyproductions05

I see the logic behind what you're saying, but I don't think it'll help at all. People will hate others (and their posts) no matter what kind of picture you put up. Be it of yourself, your cute puppies or your adorable kids. For me, the avatar doesn't play a role into the discussion. Neither does a persons screen name. What does play a role is what's being said.

I may not always agree with some of you guys, but I definitely never attack anyone personally. Isn't there a saying? "Attack the post, not the poster"?

I think that's what we need to keep in mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
HERE I AM!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b45b556d8f3e.png[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I am to shy...
I think its a bad idea.
big brother has to much info now.
why give them more?
and most would put a fake pic.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Good show there OP. I'm proud to be a member of ATS with you.

I am working on just the right picture of me and will post.

There is no possibility that I am or could be anonymous unless I went to extream measures.
I have nothing to lose by posting my image.

Bravo for being a good sport.

By the way, If I were about 45 years younger hmmmm............................!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by dizziedame

Dont even try to find the 'right' picture to use - I just tried that and my girlfriend took 15 pics before I was happy with it. Its a hectic process and to be honest it makes ya a little nervous right before you hit the 'submit' button.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
I kind of like this idea and I have seen people have pictures of them selves as an avatar before. For what it is worth, I have a link to my facebook page in my sig, and of course my ugly mug is there for anyone and everyone to see.

I do need to update that pic though.

Anyway, I am not sure how people would behave if they had their own picture as an avatar. Maybe they would be less likely to troll or be rude or mean. Maybe others would be less likely to be rude to them when they can see for a fact that it is an actual person they are talking to?

Or maybe it would make no real difference at all... I don't know. Something really interesting to think about though. I hope some people do it!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8b3e2084bb46.png[/atsimg]

More than likely many people will post something like this,
and claim that it really really, truely is them.

Like for real. Like for real real.
Seriously like.

David Grouchy

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Actually you're the first to post a pic like that. I've posted my own pic and so has Outtahere. That photo did make me laugh, thanks, I needed that

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:49 PM
link   
Well this thread died quickly.....Is it time to go back to my Mac & Me avatar yet? I think so....

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   

So which alphabet agency do ya work for
to want this kind of info?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by rangersdad

So which alphabet agency do ya work for
to want this kind of info?

Are you being serious? No, I dont work for any alphabet agency. Want what kind of info? Peoples pictures? Their opinions? I just had a question and asked (see title of thread). No one is forced to post their own picture, i just thought it'd be a fun experiment and it wouldnt be right to ask if I didnt post my own pictures.

Dont you think If I worked for the CIA, FBI, etc that i'd probably have more efficient ways to get peoples photos then open a thread like this? You're giving me waaaayyyy too much credit and using way too much imagination.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
i would post up a picture of my self since im sure any one of importance already knows who i am. the problem is..... i cant get it to work

i put a picture on photobucket but it just says "this image has been moved or deleted" even though it has not.

can some one please help?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

Of course. Just save the picture to your computer, and make sure you're pulling up the right file on Photobucket. There isnt too much else I can tell you - If you have any other ???? please ask

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
There is an ATS members photo thread you know. Quite a few pictures of quite a few members in there. Good place to put a face to the name.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   

thanx for the info but sadly i did that and no go. maybe this is divine intervention lol

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by fallow the light

You have to upload it to the Media Portal.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

Well, it's a fascinating idea but I think people prefer to remain anonymous. Some people don't want to be seen on here by the entire internet and then maybe have an interaction IRL with someone who saw them and be judged by their ATS ideas (highly unlikely but it can happen).

Also, some of us are self-conscious and still others prefer to have an interesting picture rather than a simple photo.

And quite the contrary I think, if we see the person's face that we disagree with we might be more inclined to put a "face" on that disagreement so to speak, and it might infuriate us even more to see them here and there on ATS. Plus we would get more comments like: "I can kick your ass kid, sit down and shut up", based on the photo. At least, I would be saying that

<< 1   >>

join