It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PNW: 3/19/11 10:20am; Black Chinook Heli

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
I live in Snohomish County, Washington.

Today [3/19/11] at 10:20am I witnessed a completely black CH-47 Chinook helicopter with no insignia fly south to north over my house at an estimated altitude of ~300ft (I am not an expert, this could be extremely far off, the helicopter was low enough that I could see it had no identifications). This is the first time I have witnessed such a helicopter in the region.

I was unable to get a photo but here is what I saw:

**Note; this is not my photo; I did not have a chance to take a picture. This is what I saw though.

As for the importance of this helicopter, I do not know. I am only posting this because of it's rarity and the date (3/19/11). I will update this thread if I happen to witness another fly-over.

Have a nice day.
CVinWA

Mods: Please move if this is not in the right forum.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by CVinWA

What about 3/19/11 makes that date special? Interesting.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

That's not good, Cali was supposed to take an earth quake today (3/19/11), experts and us on ATS have been talking about the possibilities. Maybe they were flying from Yellowstone or the San Andreas Fault. Could also be checking out radiation levels north of you (which I know is normally done by a specialized aircraft). Could be nothing, just a business trip.

Off subject, but interesting. Japans earth quake was 3/11 at 6 o'clock. If this west coast one hits I'm guessing the date 3/19/11 (still has 3/11) may be at 3, 6, or 9 o'clock. The times and dates of these natural disasters have coincidental symbols through numbers, maybe not such a coincidence.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
I have seen the exact same helicopters flying over our place I took 3 photos of it but havent put them on my hard drive i will get to it later today. but i seen them fly over i think the count is up to 4 times now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I have heard many helicopters and planes today, they sound different than the usual stuff.

I heard the double-propeller of a Chinook earlier today though.

Northern Western Washington.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm in Oregon and I've got my window open right next to my computer, so If I see/hear anything I'll be sure to come in here and report it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
reply to post by CVinWA

Thats very interesting I'm wondering if you've seen or heard about any flat black F-5's media.defenseindustrydaily.com... I was under them when they came out of Boeing field.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   
I seen about a month ago, a large gray heli with 2 small missles on the little wings, both sides. It flew from east to west.

What kind of copter is that?

Thanx, VV6

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
Your Helo probably belongs to 66th Theater Aviation Command, 66tac.washingtonarmyguard.org... I live maybe 1.5 miles from a local airport and they fly in about twice a month, normally the Black Hawks. I did have 3 code enforcement Helo's flying around at full power shaking everyones houses.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by VenomVile.6
I seen about a month ago, a large gray heli with 2 small missles on the little wings, both sides. It flew from east to west.

What kind of copter is that?

Thanx, VV6

Did it look like this? www.history.navy.mil...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Silverado292

Yup, it was loud, too !!!

I wonder what it was doing....?

Thanx.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
Sorry for going off topic here, but keeping an eye/ear out my window right now, I just realized the gray skies are parting and there is a ton of beautiful blue sky out right now, looks like it will be a great day! I hope the clouds stay away long enough to see the Moon tonight. I may sound silly here by the whether in Portland is notoriously gray and nasty, so I'm happy to get a little break from it. Hope you other PNW folks get the same luxury!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Aren't the black chinooks used for night operations, they will have an insignia but it will be very faint (apparently)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by VenomVile.6

If it was carrying anything like Torpedo's, Hellfire's, or penguins it was probably a training flight. MK-50 image22.webshots.com... AGM-119 www.fas.org... AGM-114 www.guncopter.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
I live in Portland and can say that I have seen DOZENS of Black heli's over the last few years. It is really not that rare of an occurrence. A few years back they even did drills with them in the city of Portland. It made headline news, because they didnt announce it before hand and people freaked out.

Until you see them doing something more unusual than just flying over, i wouldnt worry.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
One thing I was thinking, perhaps they are looking for grow-ops?

I only say this because quite a few times I have noticed black helicopters flying a very obvious and predictable "grid" pattern in my neighborhood. They will go across the sky, then come back in the opposite direction a little farther down, and repeat this over and over. It would always be around 8-10 at night, I'm assuming because many growers time their lights to turn on at night, to take advantage of the cheaper electricity rates then.

But, this was just a normal (other than being completely black) chopper, not of the dual rotor sort. You could also see those large ball shaped cameras mounted on it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

Those are ghetto birds searching for horticulturalist... or gangs

Watch out now...!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Those are ghetto birds searching for horticulturalist... or gangs

Watch out now...!!!

My neighborhood is mainly old people and big families so I doubt it's gangs, I'm pretty sure they were looking for heat sigs from grow-ops.

Still can't tell if your post was of the sarcastic mocking type yet lol.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

Not at all, sorry for that partner.
mybad

I get those alot here in the ghetto. Im not any of those, gang or grower.
The choppers get anoying tho

and I get small low flying gray unmarked planes circling here, in a train pattern, about 20 of em'. Sometimes !!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   

Not at all, sorry for that partner.
mybad

I get those alot here in the ghetto. Im not any of those, gang or grower.
The choppers get anoying tho

and I get small low flying gray unmarked planes circling here, in a train pattern, about 20 of em'. Sometimes !!!

Hey no problem! You can never be too careful about assuming what someone is saying to you, this being ATS and all. Lots of veiled insults

top topics

<<   2 >>

join