It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'To my Dear Obama, our son', says Gaddafi, defending attack on rebels

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
This info was supplied by a new member Dude69, and I am starting this topic for him.

www.timesnow.tv...

Calling Barack Obama as "our son", Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi sent a message to the US President defending his decision to attack the rebels fighting to overthrow him.

Gaddafi(68) also wrote a letter to the French and British leaders, and the UN Secretary General, saying the Security Council resolution was "void" and violated the UN charter, warning them that they would "regret" any intervention.

"Libya is not for you, Libya is for the Libyans," he said.

Details of Gaddafi's letters were released by the Libyan government spokesman at a news conference in Tripoli.

Defending his decision to attack rebel cities, Gaddafi told Obama, "Al Qaeda is an armed organisation, passing through Algeria, Mauritania and Mali. What would you do if you found them controlling American cities with the power of weapons? What would you do, so I can follow your example."

Trying to strike a personal note, Gaddafi prefaced his letter saying, "To our son, his excellency, Mr Baracka Hussein Obama. I have said to you before, that even if Libya and the United States of America enter into a war, god forbid, you will always remain a son. Your picture will not be changed."

In his letter to Nikolas Sarkozy, David Cameron and Ban Ki Moon, Gaddafi said, "Libya is not yours, Libya is for the Libyans. The security council, their resolution is void because it is not according to the charter to interfere with the internal affairs of the country."

You have no right. You will regret if you get involved in this, our country. We can never shoot a single bullet on our people, it is Al Qaeda organisation."

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   

GLOBAL JIHAD: The trio: Obama, Jeremiah Wright, Farrakhan, visit Libya together, meet with Gaddafi, receive praise, and $5 million. Finally, the truth about why Obama’s was silent for so long about the unrest in Libya, (especially in comparison to Egypt) and his kid-glove treatment of Gaddafi is exposed. We now know why the Obama Administration could not even bring themselves to mention Gaddafi by name and perhaps why Obama refuses to use the U.S. Navy, stranding Americans on a ferry in a Tripoli port on the coast of Libya.
blogs.wickedlocal.com... iracy/#axzz1F1zB6l9S
Rev. Jeremiah Wright even went so far as to warn Obama before the election that if word of the 2004 trip to Tripoli every got out “his Jewish support will dry up quicker than a snowball in hell.”

Read more: Obama's ties to Libya, Gaddafi, conspiracy exposed, Gaddafi financed Farrakhan, Nation of Isalm, Rev. Jeremiah Wright | The Front Page blogs.wickedlocal.com... iracy/#ixzz1H4CA9BOa

I remember Wright warning Obama.

Gaddafi: Barakeh Obama is friend

Libyan leader praises US president: 'He is of Muslim descent, his policy should be supported, as he now leans towards peace'
www.ynetnews.com...

How ironic.
edit on 123131p://bSaturday2011 by Stormdancer777 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here's a pic of both of them standing opposite of each other...They do look related at best

www.kaiser-schmarrn.de...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by dude69
Here's a pic of both of them standing opposite of each other...They do look related at best

Related, oh that didn't cross my mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

It's a stretch, but they do share strikingly similar facial features...and in the German news outlet it's reported that

Gaddafi referred to him as " my son " in that letter...The whole quote of Gaddafi: " Even if America and Libya - god

forbid - are going to wage war, you'll always remain my son "...Gaddafi was born 1942 and Obama in 1961. Has he

lost his mind, or telling the truth?

edit on 19-3-2011 by dude69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   
There is way more to Obama's militant past than we know. And I use the word "militant" on purpose... I really do think it applies.

Here's more from a 2008 article: Obama distances himself from Farrakhan

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
Qaddafi's stirring the pot.....although it would be an interesting twist though!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheRealTruth84
Qaddafi's stirring the pot.....although it would be an interesting twist though!

I don't think so. I think he really does consider Obama a friend and vice versa. There are plenty of articles from the past few years where he calls Obama a friend. Obama's supposed trip to Libya to visit Gaddafi with Farrakhan & Wright was in 1984 when he was 24.
edit on 19/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

I think if he's related to any of the people mentioned in this thread it is definitely Louis Farrakhan. It would explain a lot too!! There's always been a nagging question in my mind if Barak, Sr. was really Barak, Jr.'s father.

Tell me... who does this look like??

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4dffb880b347.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 19/3/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Interesting thread. S+F

What if Gaddafi is only saying that to stir the pot and weaken support, that is tenuous at best, in the U.S. for the attack on Libya?

That being said, he's been a terrorist haven supporter in the past, and though it may be Al Quieda that is there now, does that mean we are aiding and abeting the folks we are at war with in Afghanistan?

Side note, I used to be able to understand foreign policy in the past, but the Obama Administration is confusing the hell out of me.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
And... of course Obama's first cousin, Raila Odinga, whom Obama campaigned for in 2007, was "stabilized in the oil business" by... guess who? None other than Colonel Muammar Gadaffi. No wonder Obama didn't really want to comment on the happenings in Libya.

Stanky!

Link (the interesting stuff starts about a quarter of the way down the page)

Odinga and Qadafi
As Energy Minister, Raila Odinga re-established and nurtured his links with the Libyan government of Colonel Muammar Gadaffi where again he not only did good business in oil importation but also got substantial material support during the 2002 general elections.

Libyans also stabilized Raila in the oil business: between 2001 and 2002 when Raila was Energy Minister, he received at least 3 consignments of petroleum products at very low prices which were later sold locally at market prices.

Turnover from 3 Libyan consignments worth over a half billion shillings

Odinga 2007 Runs for President of Kenya Raila’s campaign site of change
Sought power again in 2007 by running for President of Kenya against Kibaki. Odinga lost the election. Barrack Obama campaigned for Raila Odinga in Kenya August, 2007: Kenyan government calls Obama “Odinga’s Stooge” Odinga is vague about his religion and lacks specifics in his political promises, such as to “end poverty”. Odinga threatens genocide if he loses the election.

Raila Odinga and Barrack Obama
Barrack Obama campaigned for Raila Odinga in Kenya August, 2007: Kenyan government calls Obama “Odinga’s Stooge” . Odinga is First paternal cousin of Barrack Obama, they are both from the same Luo tribe. Odinga states that he and Obama have a “close personal relationship” . In June ‘07, Raila flew to the US, where he held talks with Senator Barack Obama. Odinga and Obama have regular contact by phone.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Quaddafi wrote an equally cryptic letter to Sarkozy in France. Gaddafi then went on to claim he funded Sarkozy's campaign. He wrote a letter to Ban Yi Moon and Cameron as well.

“Libya is not yours, Libya is for the Libyans. The security council, their resolution is void because it is not according to the charter to interfere with the internal affairs of the country. … You have no right. You will regret if you get involved in this, our country. We can never shoot a single bullet on our people, it is Al Qaeda organisation.”

To use this in some bizzaro attempt to link Obama to Quaddafi like he was some secret love-child is pretty hilarious. But not as hilarious as some of the "conservative" blogs and pundits that have turned into Quaddafi fan boys lately. (not directed to any of the posters in this thread).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
There are 100's of people who look like Obama, theres a guy down the road who looks like Jackie Chan! It doesn't mean they are related.

I think Gaddaffi is reffering to the rumour of Obama being a muslim, and the fact hes a nutter.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
You do realize that Ghadaffi is a MASTER at propaganda right? And that this was more than likely a calculated statement?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

And... of course Obama's first cousin, Raila Odinga, whom Obama campaigned for in 2007, was "stabilized in the oil business" by... guess who? None other than Colonel Muammar Gadaffi. No wonder Obama didn't really want to comment on the happenings in Libya.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I second that

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   
reply to post by captaintyinknots

Who knows...I was just reading the headline, then checked the picture and was kinda amazed at the resemblance these 2 have...and you have to take into consideration that he said that at a time, when he knew was gonna be invaded...Maybe it was his last attempt at stirring further polarization in the US over Obama, maybe it was a sincere message to his son Obama. With these elites all being related anyway...or at least connected it some way...Maybe he's just a nutter...Who knows...But what good would this sort of propaganda do him hours before an invasion of his country? oO Sympathy??...In his other letters he threatened retaliation, so that can't be it. That's also why this particular message stands out so much.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
Do allow me the indulgence to paraphrase what Gaddafi really meant:-

"Libya is not for you, Libya is for the Libyans," he said

= Libya is not for you, Libya is for Gaddafi and sons.

"You have no right. You will regret if you get involved in this, our country. We can never shoot a single bullet on our people, it is Al Qaeda organisation."

= You have no right. You will regret if you get involved in this, MY country. I and my Sons can never shoot a single bullet on our people, it is (name your pet hate) organisation."

This is only more madness coming from a man turned insanely beastly.

As I read his latest proganda, I can only feel an overwhelming sadness for him, a mad ravaging beast that I had reviled since the first bullet tore through the entrails of an innocent and unarmed fellow human protestor seeking succor from him.

To GaddafiL-

I know that you are reading posts here, or with the help of your interpreters.

I also know what you are going through. You had spent 42 years of life in the deluded belief that you are doing well for your countrymen. BUT surrounded by your bootlickers and pyschophants, you never did realise reality of what is happening to the suffering of your own people.

I can go on with how you despised the arab people and sought for a bigger role in resource rich Africa, by courting them and bending them to your will with largesse robbed from your own people. That wealth you possessed is and was never yours. It belongs to your people, but you saw fit to use it as you please, to further your own agenda, ambitions and power lusts.

Power corrupts and absolute power corrupts absolutely. Even your own sons are terrified of you, toeing the line only because of FEAR of what will happen to them and their family, and not because they love and respect you. No human could possibly love you after what you had done to your own people whom you had the great opportunity to lead.

You had failed, and failed miserably. Worse still when you compound your errors futher to whitewash your mistakes by killing honest and unarmed dissenters. There can be no mercy when you take others life to protect your own, worse if it is for selfish reasons to perpetrate your rule and power.

42 years of suffering had been imposed and enshackled the Libyans, an ancient ethnic people of which you were one too. But how held back in evolution of them you can only see with your own eyes in comparison to others in the world.

I understand you. Me, only an insignificant nobody, but I would be priviledged and honoured to call you a friend, amongst the many whom only fear or sought your favour. I seek for nothing. Only one condition - that you step down now, and free your countrymen. I will most probably be your only honest and true friend, who will not hesitate to tell you truth and reality.

Every life is precious and mean something special to someone else, even your own loyal troops. You should know what you are facing now. There is no escape, or if any attempt is made, only MORE precious lives will be involved. Spare them, is my plea to you. Give it up and let Libyans decide their own fate after your misrule, even deluded as you are to believe that you led right. It was wrong which is why the nation is now against you.

There is salvation for all. But justice still needs to be served and there lays your redemption. You had been wrong to torture, maimed and killed your fellow countrymen. Mistakes made are the pathways to progress. Even though you may be reviled for life, but if you do the right thing now, stop further bloodshed, it will be upon a different and better light that you and your sons will be remembered.

Music and melodies had been known to tame even beasts. If i am a pianist, i would play this song for you, as well as to any other mass murdering dictator, as you reflect upon my insignificant words and the horrific deeds you had done against your own people. Please stop further bloodshed. Your troops are not dying for the country but only for your selfish aims. And so are those dead who only seek for freedom, because of you one selfish deluded man.....

edit on 19-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

reply to post by captaintyinknots

Who knows...I was just reading the headline, then checked the picture and was kinda amazed at the resemblance these 2 have...and you have to take into consideration that he said that at a time, when he knew was gonna be invaded...Maybe it was his last attempt at stirring further polarization in the US over Obama, maybe it was a sincere message to his son Obama. With these elites all being related anyway...or at least connected it some way...Maybe he's just a nutter...Who knows...But what good would this sort of propaganda do him hours before an invasion of his country? oO Sympathy??...In his other letters he threatened retaliation, so that can't be it. That's also why this particular message stands out so much.

Exactly, he said it at a time when he KNEW he would be invaded. This is a propaganda attempt to pander sympathy.

He is trying to get that part of the world to see obama as one of them who has sold out to the west.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   

Haha!! Where did Obama get his nose from? His mothers or his "fathers" side of the family?

Whats also interesting is the positions of Obama's thumb on Gadaffi's hand. Looks like a Masonic handshake to me but could be wrong.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join