It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

Just to set you straight, son...that was in reference to an article which quoted Libyan rebels as saying that "the world has let us down" by not helping them to topple their beloved DICTATOR. The allies went in a few days after that announcement. Those "allies" are the French and the Brits. I was not aware that the United States is there at all at this time.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
For all those who freely criticise western powers, espacially USA for the strikes on the air defences and the advance upon exterminating a city full of people by the Beast, where were they when Gaddafi saw fit to torture and mass murder his own fellow citizens???!!

For all their outcry and fellowship to Gaddafi, and nonsensical claims of swamp gas, balloons, chinese lanterns and Gaddafi's teddy bear, almost everything under the sun being the intentions of the humanitarian strike to stop the beast 's slaughter, had they managed to convince Gaddafi to stop even an inch when the first bullet tore through the bodies of unarmed civilians whom merely pleaded for succor?

Had they done ANYTHING effective AT ALL??????

None.

This had been all about our fellow Libyan human brothers and sisters whom merely wish for a better admistration after being despised for 42 years by their leader whom had use the nation's wealth to court and create an African empire for himself and sons. May they succeed better now with what majority of our enlightened world had to face and give to help them gain their freedom.

Hugo Chaves and the whole rotten bunch will face wrath from their own people soon. They are not blind and uneducated as before to realize truths and realities. The awakened masses will stand dictatorship no more, nor the hailstorm of bullets in the fight for freedom after centuries of slaving for the elite few.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You don't watch the news much do you.
124 tomahawk cruise missles launched within first few hours. cost around $569,000.00 a peice.
70 million dollars.
B2 bombers followed next drop undetermined amount of bombs. cost around $80,000.00 a piece.

I guess the tally would probly be in the $100,000,000.00 plus by now.
edit on 21-3-2011 by JBA2848 because: (no reason given)

www.defense.gov...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by JBA2848
reply to post by CosmicEgg

You don't watch the news much do you.
124 tomahawk cruise missles launched within first few hours. cost around $569,000.00 a peice.
70 million dollars.
B2 bombers followed next drop undetermined amount of bombs. cost around $80,000.00 a piece.

I guess the tally would probly be in the $100,000,000.00 plus by now.

www.defense.gov...

That is a lot of wasted money that would be better spent creating jobs at home. The Libyans nay have been killing each other but why waste money on them. In a few years, if we get out of there, we will be back.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09
What's so Special About Libya?

What about civilians in Yemen? Bahrain? Syria? And if you want to look beyond the Arab world, what about civilians in Ivory Coast, slipping once again ever closer to all-out civil war?

Libya happened first! did it not?

Tunisia - Egypt - LIBYA - Bahrain - Yemen - Ivory Coast - Syria

In that order

Lets look at them in a different light or how i see it...

Tunisia - Uprising successful & Peaceful [well done]
Egypt - Uprising successful & Peaceful [well done]
Libya - Uprising Crushed all out war on his own people... Why? just look who in power, end off
Bahrain - Pending, reforms, army deployed much like the road taken in Egypt [on the right tracks]
Yemen - Pending, reforms & step downs of government officials [on the right track]
Ivory Coast - Possible intervention needed
Syria - Pending, but i trust them also to do the "right thing"

There's a big difference when a lunatic like Gaddafi is murdering his own people and since the west has good ties with tho's other nations there is no need to go down the same road as with the Gaddafi regime, different standards sure you could say that but its all to do with the west trusting tho's other nations to do the right thing unlike gaddafi, both Ben Ali of Tunisia & Mubarak of Egypt stepped down peacefully and listened to the demands of his country & people, they done the right thing, Bahrain has bought in Saudi peace keepers, don't forget Yemen - Bahrain are right next to them countries and they have clearly considered this there business to sort out, and rightly so.

While i agree it was the wrong thing to do by the Saudi's sending in troops it made things worst and the protesters clashed with them, the west made a statement saying (you are on the wrong path to the Saudi's & Bahrain) but theres not doubt thos countries are pushing for reforms and change at the minute while keeping the protesters calm with military, much like what happened in Egypt but "Unlike Gaddafi" again he pushed for all out war on his own people, this is a million miles a different kettle of fish all together, not to mention it would be absolutely a no go to interviene in ALL of the middle east

Gaddafi never ever intended to make any changes he flat out called all the protesters rats & terrorists, there is no way of confusing the situations they are simply not the same and should not be treated so, its about right & wrong, Gaddafi is an animal unlike the leaders of other middle eastern nations that we trust will do the right thing for their people, i will exclude Ivory Coast from that but one at a time ehh

edit on 21-3-2011 by BRITWARRIOR because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by JBA2848

You are correct: I watch no tv whatsoever. I do read news online, which I take with all due gravity (so not too much, in fact). You know who writes the news, right? You know who reports it. And when all is said and done, we all know who writes the history books.

Sitting here riveted to my seat, watching every single moment unfold is a waste of my life. You can do that so you can be timely and up-to-date when you post here. We all have our priorities.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I believe the French people ARE horrified by what they are being told about Gaddafis mass slaughter.

Are you saying that Gaddafi is NOT slaughtering his people, is that just another myth dreamed up by "corporate entities"?

I suppose all the footage showing that slaughter is also only made-up?

:shk:

This is the kind of irresponsible misinformation that is wrecking the whole planet.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucid eyes

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
I believe the French people ARE horrified by what they are being told about Gaddafis mass slaughter.

Are you saying that Gaddafi is NOT slaughtering his people, is that just another myth dreamed up by "corporate entities"?

I suppose all the footage showing that slaughter is also only made-up?

:shk:

This is the kind of irresponsible misinformation that is wrecking the whole planet.

Unfortunately there are certain people that wouldnt believe something even if it slapped them in the face, i know a few of these people in real life and they are totally ignorant and believe everything is a lie.
But we have to leave these people to their own beliefs, ignore them, carry on and do the right thing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
People are just spouting the same old tripe from the Iraq invasion.

Seriously just replace Libya with Iraq and Gaddafi with Saddam and it all sounds very familiar.

But people are dumb and have short memories.

You've all been sucked in again.

I watched the debate in the House of Commons earlier and the Prime Minister couldn't even come up with straight answers to questions. He just skirted round the edges and kept repeating the same line about how it was sanctioned by the UN and it was right to carry it out etc etc. While Ed Miliband shamefully invoked the holocaust in his speech and also played upon the sympathies of the relatives of the Lockerbie bombing.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Zimbabwe's President Robert Mugabe has accused the West of acting "in the same hypocritical way" over its military intervention, and of interpreting the UN resolution as an excuse "to bombard any places of their own choice in Libya, including civilian places".

BBC News

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Canadian Defence Minister Peter MacKay has confirmed that Canadian military jets flew their first mission over Libya today, Reuters reports. Four CF-18 fighter jets and two refueling tanker were involved, he said, but they did not open fire.

BBC News

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Medvedev calls to stop conflict in Libya

­Medvedev explained Russia’s decision to abstain in the Security Council vote rather than use the right to veto.

“We did not use our right to veto for one simple reason – we did not think this resolution was wrong. And basically we think this resolution reflects our understanding of what is taking place in Libya, but not completely.”

Doesn't make much sense to me....

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Bad visual quality, but audio is okay.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Libya: Military action necessary, legal and right, says David Cameron

The prime minister, who took a number of intervention from MPs during his speech, said the UN resolution did not provide legal authority to allow coalition forces to remove Gaddafi from power through military means. While the British government believed that Libya's future would be best without Gaddafi as leader, it would be up to the Libyan people to decide "aided by the international community", he said.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by MikeboydUS
reply to post by Habit4ming

This would have happened with or without Obama.

China and Russia could have vetoed it, but they didn't.

The operation was going to happen no matter what.

Russia does not veto, because at the helm there are sneaky bastards.
Yesterday was dismissed Russia's ambassador to Libya, Vladimir Chamov. He sent a telegram to Russian President Medvedev, in which he called him a traitor to Libya. A brave and honest man. In the leadership of Russia is a rarity.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
We will soon hear in the media that UN /NATO wants to put boots on the ground.

kl. 20:25 MÅ INN MED BAKKESTYRKER: Ståle Ulriksen, leder for Norsk Utenrikspolitisk Institutt NUPIs avdeling for sikkerhet og konflikthåndtering, tror vesten må følge opp flyangrepene med spesialstyrker.

Norwagian politicians are debating this right now. They would not have been doing this unless it was a part of a future plan.

edit on 27.06.08 by spy66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
the rebels are al CIA duh
they are allied with the west
this has been admitted

jebus
flouride brain holes rule!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
the rebels are al CIA duh
they are allied with the west
this has been admitted

Admitted by who? Where? Sources? "All" of them? Thousands in the streets protesting are all CIA? As if everyone in Libya love Gadafi? Ha!

At least take the time to present a reasonable case

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by incrediblelousminds

Its there if you look
right in front of your face
www.telegraph.co.uk...

is the TELEGRAPH to OBVIOUS for you or WHAT?

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join