It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 46
<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   

MOD NOTE: ATTENTION!!!

Please discuss the topic and not other members.

That means no belittling, off topic posts, casting aspersions on another's character, talking down to other members, harassing or ridiculing others.

Further such remarks can and will result in post removals and/or warnings including temporary posting bans.

Mod Note: Terms & Conditions Of Use – Please Review This Link.

MOD NOTE: ALL MEMBERS: We expect civility and decorum within all topics - Please Review This Link.

Ad Hominem Attacks And You

Trolling, And What To Do About It

YOU are responsible for your own posts

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I never stated that they were actually seeking help but chances are if nobody decided to help them and they were getting their butts handed to them then they would resort to working with terrorist and be anti-american because we didn't butt in. If the terrorist groups were successful they would definitely be in favor.

Also you state that Gaddaffi made claims that the rebels are working with terrorist and he is lying as if the United States has never lied about it's agenda or people. How do we define terrorist? Any country or organization that is anti-american or american interest that uses deadly force causing terror. So yeah in Gaddaffi's case they are terrorist attacking because the rebels are using military force and killing individuals that are faithful to OMAR and members of his faction... a group attacking the government of a sovereign nation. Seriously.

The U.S. isn't getting involved out of the kindness of their hearts. In addition to this even though we don't hear about it in the media I am pretty sure the U.S. government has done its fair share of murdering its citizens under wraps... If you want to be technical we execute people that are citizens all of the time. And before you shout they are murderers and criminals.... yeah a lot of the rebels pretty much killed a bunch of people too. I am positive they all aren't as pure as gold either.

OIL is a big factor in the attack down the lines amongst other things. I am pretty sure that Gaddaffi is trying to gain allies in other anti-american nations as we speak and are planning terrorist retaliation acts now. Gaddaffi may be paying terrorist groups to attack america... again. Not everybody fears america. A anti-american coalition is eventually going to but in. Russia and China butting out... hmmmmm I wonder who they are financing and working with. Friends today... enemies 2marrow.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
Meh....all I can say is humans are pathetic.

Same old, same old.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos

Originally posted by routerboy
Libya would be best just staying quiet, last I heard - they're giving a million people guns. What's that going to do. More will die.

I think you will find that is called, 'defending themselves'.
Everry human in every land has the right to defend themselves, every country has the right to defend itself from attack of forign forces

That basic, natural principle of self-preservation is not included in NATO's policy, as well as most of its member governments. They want everybody who's non-allied to surrender, or die.

Welcome back to same old barbarian order.

Not really welcoming you actually... this is just how low can humans go, all thanks to the King of the Lowly Idiots Sarkozy and his business partners.
edit on 20/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
I thought that "allied forces" was a term, to state the forces that defend for a cause, not attack.

en.wikipedia.org...

But it seems that i'm wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
How does murdering OMAR solve anything. even if he is killed members of his regime and family will still fight. They are going to pretty much have to commit genocide and murder the whole Kaddaffi clan and political party. Will the rebels have to answer for that genocide. WAR SUCKS U.S. should have minded their own business like China. You start something you need to finish it. In order to save North Koreans why doesn't the U.S. attack and destroy their military regardless of what china says... hmmmmmmm. For now on I will be looking for updates that will spark WW3

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelknives52
How does murdering OMAR solve anything. even if he is killed members of his regime and family will still fight. They are going to pretty much have to commit genocide and murder the whole Kaddaffi clan and political party. Will the rebels have to answer for that genocide. WAR SUCKS U.S. should have minded their own business like China. You start something you need to finish it. In order to save North Koreans why doesn't the U.S. attack and destroy their military regardless of what china says... hmmmmmmm. For now on I will be looking for updates that will spark WW3

I'm pretty sure his forces will fight to the death. Gaddhafi is not some fake clown, and even if NATO forces end up being the "winners", he'll make them an epic bloodbath to make these European wankers go mentally ill and reconsider their imperialistic arrogance.

The man is a survivor from a much more violent epoch, and that's his dream opportunity to go in a "blaze of glory".
edit on 20/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Map of Libya Air defense network showing ranges of various SAM systems

www.scribd.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Defending forces now reporting that Gaddafi soldiers have been attacking electricity stations and industrial sites,and blaming the coalition forces.
Fears now about support dwindling from Arab league.
Russian Foreign minister announced Russias concerns about what they call over use of force.

As is usual Pravda.ru have been very quick to denounce the coalition accusing leaders of murderers.

english.pravda.ru...
edit on 20-3-2011 by martin3030 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The Russian government seems highly opposed to the matter, I wonder why ? What are their gains in this ? Any ideas ?

Here is another article:
rt.com...

This caught my eye instantly:

US warships and submarines fired more than 110 Tomahawk cruise missiles into Libyan territory to disable air-defense systems, allowing French and British fighter jets to more easily enforce a no-fly zone. The attack on Libya marks the third Muslim country that the United States is now engaged in military operations with.

I don't think Libya has enough "air-defence systems" for 110 Tomahawk cruise missiles (have you seen a single AA gun fired) ?

Libya is ranked as one of the top-ten biggest oil producers in the world.

Nuff said. The future will show.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModerateSkeptic
I don't think Libya has enough "air-defence systems" for 110 Tomahawk cruise missiles (have you seen a single AA gun fired) ?

Not been watching the reports then, I take it? AA fire has been heard in Tripoli and other places all last night.

Top ten producer? Try 18th. The UK produces more oil than Libya.

And no, this isn't an oil war. We were already set up in Libya, probably on more favourable terms than we'll get off the rebels, long before this all kicked off.
edit on 20/3/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   

16:51 Col Gaddafi has said that Libya's oil "will not be left to the USA, Britain and France", the BBC reports

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

The Russian government seems highly opposed to the matter, I wonder why ? What are their gains in this ? Any ideas ?

Here is another article:
rt.com...

Like I stated in a earlier post, militarily and economically Russia and China are still very much so enemies of America. It isn't so much about oil as some would like us to believe, but each and every diplomatic decision the USA makes is part of a long term military strategy. Saying that I can't honestly say I'm totally against the long term military strategy.

I'm pretty sure I seen a news headline last night stating one cruise missile hit 4 tanks which shouldn't have anything to do with the no fly zone.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Not been watching the reports then, I take it? AA fire has been heard in Tripoli and other places all last night.

Top ten producer? Try 18th. The UK produces more oil than Libya.

And no, this isn't an oil war. We were already set up in Libya, probably on more favourable terms than we'll get off the rebels, long before this all kicked off.
edit on 20/3/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

That was a good reply, finally some facts.

Well if it isn't an oil war then the real motive doesn't make any sense to me. Unfortunately I'm not buying all that "the allied forces are going through all this trouble to help civilians" stuff.
Since when do they care this much ?

Edit: I was just a minute too late, these questions got answered in the above post
edit on 20-3-2011 by ModerateSkeptic because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked

Here is another article:
rt.com...

Like I stated in a earlier post, militarily and economically Russia and China are still very much so enemies of America. It isn't so much about oil as some would like us to believe, but each and every diplomatic decision the USA makes is part of a long term military strategy. Saying that I can't honestly say I'm totally against the long term military strategy.

I'm pretty sure I seen a news headline last night stating one cruise missile hit 4 tanks which shouldn't have anything to do with the no fly zone.

110 missiles were used on 20 land to air missile sights. French planes blew up 4 tanks. The French also recently took out several tanks and other vehicles that were used against Benghazi the last few days.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by AndrewJay

we didnt declare war the un and whatnot declared a no fly zone we launched a bunch of missles and from what ive red up to this point that was it and maby some b'2s i faill to see how this is a sole america issue and even contrary to what i think alota people think cant the president declare bascily what this is limited war on his own and then he has to get congressional aproval at that stage?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Libyan government holding press conference now,

Will post the highlights as soon as its over and translated,

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   

That was a good reply, finally some facts.

"Facts" can be supported with evidence, they are not a mere statement from another person. If that were the case I could say that "the anti aircraft fire that has allegedly been hear over night is faked" and that would be a fact. But its not. Its just a claim until supported by evidence.

Well if it isn't an oil war then the real motive doesn't make any sense to me. Unfortunately I'm not buying all that "the allied forces are going through all this trouble to help civilians" stuff.

Good. Im glad you arent buying what is obviously a lie, that this has to do with the people of Libya and their desire for democracy, because we CAN offer tons of evidence that the "west" is not running around like Superman saving people from oppressive governments.............................unless they also have something we want.

Just look at the maps of the nations having "unrest" right now, and imagine you are an oil pipeline to the coast and then an oil tanker headed to "the west" and you might see why these nations are suddenly all yearning to breathe free.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Smurfwicked

The UNSC resolution 1973 isn't just a NFZ, it is authorisation to protect civilians using "all necessary means".

These tanks were in the process of shelling Benghazi, so they were taken out by the French.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
"Facts" can be supported with evidence, they are not a mere statement from another person. If that were the case I could say that "the anti aircraft fire that has allegedly been hear over night is faked" and that would be a fact. But its not. Its just a claim until supported by evidence.

There are video's all over the shop from all media outlets, be they "western" or not. I really shouldn't have to back every comment I make up with links, videos and other things as people are free to look this info up themselves. I suspect if I did provide such "evidence", you would decry it as propoganda anyway, so what's the point?

Just look at the maps of the nations having "unrest" right now, and imagine you are an oil pipeline to the coast and then an oil tanker headed to "the west" and you might see why these nations are suddenly all yearning to breathe free.

People said that about Iraq, Afghanistan and Iran some 8 years ago. Still no pipeline....

We don't need a pipeline across the North of Africa. We have pipelines being built in Turkey and Southern Europe from the same region. You are really reaching with this crap, do you know that?

top topics

<< 43  44  45    47  48  49 >>

join