It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

If can't see that is altering my post well you have serious issues! Altering other peoples posts is deceptive as it changes emphasis and context!

I think you are being paranoid about all of this don't you think?

I will do as I choose not what you say, ever!

Because you are FREE!!!

Actually my argument is sound and above all logical regardless of what you say. The amount of damage this Libyan dictator has done to his own people and the people of Lockerbie it quite substantial. Removing him is the only option!

No – it is not sound and logical. You said that “it is a humanitarian effort to save the Libyan peoples!”
and I said that statement is illogical. If you stated something like “Destroy Gaddafi's government to liberate the rebels fighting his soldiers” then I would have let you go. If there is a humanitarian effort to save the Libyan people – wouldn’t that mean ALL of them including Gaddafi himself? You forgot to segregate, and separate and justificate and ombibulate constragnate and obfuscate. Hell, I might as well make up my own language.

maybe you need to re read your post again. Arrogance because I have a different opinion to you? no they are words from a tolerating and educated person Hmmmmmm

Yes – let's look at my On Topic post about what I wrote shall we?

Prove it isn't about oil. When was the last time we actually went into a country and helped people? Why did we stand idle during what Pol Pot did? Why do we stand idle and do nothing against genocide when millions are killed? Because it does not serve the best interests of the elite or the US government.

You are living in a dream, an illusion. Wake up - because what you are being fed is poison and BS.

Isn't it nice that you sit humbly on the sidelines cheering on the bombs while people are dying? Have you ever witnessed anyone get torn apart from a bomb or get shot with a gun? Why don't you go over an liberate them?
Grow up and look at the world around you and how precious life is instead of cheering on destruction for a cause you know absolutely nothing about.

Hmmm, I think my words were completely justified. There are other ways to remove people and their goverments from power instead of bombing the crap out of them. This is supposed to be the 21st century isn't it?

Hey, I used to be just like you - I marched lock step with my government when 911 happened and when we invaded Iraq. I have seen the toll. Don't believe in everything you see. I mean - seriously. You are touting what the MSM is saying, what the government is saying on a conspiracy site? The word "propaganda" was invented for a reason.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
Libya would be best just staying quiet, last I heard - they're giving a million people guns. What's that going to do. More will die.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
Targetting ground SAM sites is part of NFZ plan. With the SAM sites operational, it will mean the coalition forces pilots life will be in danger from such missiles. It would be unscionable to let the SAM sites be operational, espacially when the coalition forces that are made up of fellow humans - muslims, christians, etc, etc to help fellow humans of the Libyan nation Rebellion forces on the ground.

Targetting compounds such as military airports as well as Tripoli's HQ is the same, for orders and flight will come from the HQ, thus it must be destroyed.

All these had been briefed for several days before the vote had been taken. There is no further need for dramas of 'regrets' or 'didn't know' crap.

We humans had been in it all along, and it is to stop a mass murderer and his minions from slaughtering even more of our libyan brothers and sisters whom are only seeking for freedom and had appeal to the world - christians, muslims, jews, hindus, atheists, etc, etc alike for help.

Gaddafi and his minions had all the time in the world to stop the senseless mass murders and surrender, yet he did not and only continued on despite many appeals. To allow him to do so will only mean MORE will die. The BLOOD of others - innocent civilians forced to stay near him as well as troops either brainwashed or force to kill their fellow libyans are in his beastly hands.

There can be no turning back. The dice had been casted. We are all in it together, and pray that it may be finished soon- either the Beast regain some conscience to stop or our Libyan brothers and sisters freedom fighters supported by us push for victory, united as one country.

Freedom cannot be bestowed by others. It must be won by themselves as a nation. For those nations whose people are weak or unable to convince others to join them to make a stand, then they must reasses their motives, as support of the people as ONE is critical.

If it is not there, then best do more groundwork of grassroot activism to get the numbers, because if it is just a few, it would be a horrific sacrifice of precious human lives deemed only as terrorists. There is no hypocrisy - No one else can help such nations unless they are willing to help themselves, the way our courageous Libyan, Tunisan and Egyptian brothers and sisters had.
edit on 20-3-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by routerboy
Libya would be best just staying quiet, last I heard - they're giving a million people guns. What's that going to do. More will die.

I think you will find that is called, 'defending themselves'.
Everry human in every land has the right to defend themselves, every country has the right to defend itself from attack of forign forces

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Total Hypocrisy at best. How come in Bahrain the government can send their police out to kill protestors, in fact they are allowed to bring in foreign forces (The Saudi's) to help crush the uprising in their country, yet Libya arnt allowed to. Perhaps something to do with US bases in Bahrain has something to do with it. The worlds gone mad and im beginning to wonder what side is right in all this.
edit on 20-3-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

I have addressed the Bahrain question at least twice in this thread!

There is several good reasons why we are not interfering there.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Total Hypocrisy at best. How come in Bahrain the government can send their police out to kill protestors, in fact they are allowed to bring in foreign forces (The Saudi's) to help crush the uprising in their country, yet Libya arnt allowed to. Perhaps something to do with US bases in Bahrain has something to do with it. The worlds gone mad and im beginning to wonder what side is right in all this.

I have addressed the Bahrain question at least twice in this thread!

There is several good reasons why we are not interfering there.

My appoligese for not reading through the whole thread, im sure your points are legit & and il have a browse through to read them, if it was pages ago you mentioned them then im sure people wont mind the point being raised again to avoid the hypocrisy getting lost in all this information

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

All these corrupt leaders are singing from the same hymn book and their words carry no weight when it comes to credibility.
Also Libya's defences are of no threat whatsoever to B2 bombers. Simply locate Gaddafi and hit him with everything we have and it's goodbye Gaddafi.
edit on 20-3-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-3-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthPhobos

Ok.Bear with me, I shall dig it up....

EDIT: Here is a quick summary of what I mean. Hopefully this will put it into perspective.

Originally posted by stumason

Originally posted by deutschbag
reply to post by Christian Voice

What about Yemen, Bahrain, Darfur............

I have also mentioned this too..

Yemen and Bahrain are geopolitically off limits, due to the Saudi's.

The uprisings there are Shia's against Sunni's, likely backed bY iran or at thevery least egged on. Supporting Shia revolts in these two countries would not only give Iran and foot in the door on the Arabian peninsular, but would destablise Saudi too.

Imagine what the oil price would look like then and also what if Iran gained influence over the whole penisular! We'd be boned!

edit on 20/3/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:48 AM
link   
President Reagan explains why the U.S. began bombing Libya and says Moammar Gadhafi is an enemy of America

Looks like we have a lot of reasons to bomb libya BESIDES protecting the 'poor innocent civilians' (like they care about them).

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Right now, the beast of Libya Gaddafi is claming his last poker card and claim its the christian west fighting against Islam, to get the muslim believers to side him.

That laughable beast is a riot if he thinks it is his ace. First he condemned the Islamist Al Queda as starting the rebellion and wants the west to take his side, now he claims the west is fighting Islam????!!!!!!

Need any further evidences of his insanity?

Gaddafi, your ruses aint gonna work no more. It is not a religion thing that is fighting against you. It is only united humanity, even though separated by differences such as skin colors, muslim, christians, hindus, jews, buddhists, atheist, etc, we are bonded by our common aspirations and freedom is one them which you denied of your very own and which you long despised the arab people - our libyan brothers and sisters.

Your enemy is Humanity. Do know what you are fighting against!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

even though separated by differences such as skin colors, muslim, christians, hindus, jews, buddhists, atheist, etc, we are bonded by our common aspirations and freedom is one them which you denied of your very own and which you long despised the arab people - our libyan brothers and sisters.

What a load of jingoistic nonsense.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   
It's still up to the people. All they have said this whole time is they are sick of being ruled by a tyrant and will fight him to the end. They were asking for a no fly zone and arms to help them. They are getting both now. America is NOT going to send in ground troops. How many troops were sent into the first Iraq War... We wiped out Saddam's army and just walked away from it with the understanding he would be overthrown. That never happened, because Arab Countries didn't help out. It's the same now. With changes in the Middle East they will have to quit being passive and show some unity. Even moreover, because the Arab States asked for the help.

You don't need special forces on the ground to pinpoint guided missiles. We have satellites and drones that can do the same thing. However, I would be surprised and probably a bit shocked if we didn't have some forces on the ground. Even if it's private contractors that scare the hell out of me.

Gadhafi has backed himself into a hole and if all goes well the people standing at his side will see the light and take him out before they all meet their maker or the Hague.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by 0011100

The only ones who need to go to the Hague are the NWO people orchestrating this and their propaganda minions.

This isnt about the people of Libya. This is about economics.

They couldnt even make a convincing case in the media for Gaddafi attacking his own people, only the most half assed videos of paid extras shooting random firearms in the air. Apparently while Gaddafi was "air striking his own people," the laws of physics changed in such a way as to make filming up in the air impossible, so all we got were shots of people running and standing around in the open, just like I know I would be if there really were air strikes going on.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
post removed because the user has no concept of manners

Click here for more information.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

You know iv also thought about your very valid point. Iv yet to see hard video evidence of Gadaffi's forces inflicting any war on the citizens, all we see is camera shots over looking the city that shows plumes of smoke rising through the air, how am I to believe that means a whole army is systamitically killing civilians.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
reply to post by Wolfenz

You do realise the French were fighting wars before America was even a recognised country?

do you realize i said that already French & Indian WAR!!! 100 years war Etc

Im talking about when American became a formed nation Americans Has alway came to their rescue to
fight their Wars! the last Major I recall was Vietnam!

here ill fix what i said to make it more clear for ya

and Why is France always saved from totally loosing a war by Americans ? ((( within the Last 200 years )))

There is that better...

A star for the Ignorance ! ?

edit on 20-3-2011 by Wolfenz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

There isnt any. Those are the worst propaganda films ever. A bunch of paid yokels standing around with a couple weapons while some off screen reporter talks breathlessly about the horror and death that is conspicuously absent in any actual shot.

Its totally manufactured. And badly too.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

From another thread:

The revolts in Bahrain and Yemen are Shia revolts against a Sunni elite most likely sponsored, or at the least egged on, by Iran.

Saudi Arabia will not tolerate the al-Khalifa's to fall in Bahrain as it would also agitate their own oppressed Shia minority.

Any successful shia uprising in Bahrain or Yemen would likely lead to a pro-Iranian Government being installed and in the case of Bahrian, that would not only give them land either side of the Straights of Hormuz, but also influence over the Home of the US 5th Fleet, which would be unacceptable.

Add into all this that Saudi has the West by the gonads (Oil) and we can do nothing about it. Whereas we can actually do something about Libya and it is in the EU's backyard. The EU do not want a failed state on it's southern border which already is a launch pad for illegal immigration and is a security risk.

That's geo-politics for you.

I hope people read this because I have said it many times on ATS the past couple of days and people still ask "What about Bahrian?".

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

There isnt any. Those are the worst propaganda films ever. A bunch of paid yokels standing around with a couple weapons while some off screen reporter talks breathlessly about the horror and death that is conspicuously absent in any actual shot.

Its totally manufactured. And badly too.

Thats why I love ATS, people here can see through the lies of the war machine & presentation's the Elite potray through our media. Unfortunatly its only the awakened folk that can see the truth's. More people need to be aware of the propaganda happening live on our T.V screens daily. Now im off to try once again attempt to tell my granny whats really going on, she stopped listening to me when I told her God isnt real & Aliens are fighting wars above our heads, the poor lady is more confused now than in her 95 years of breathing

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join