It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

You shouldn't believe everything you read in the media. Are you even sure we are there to topple Gaddafi. 200+ cruise missiles later and Gaddafi is still alive.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Christian Voice
reply to post by TKDRL

Calm down, poster was just making light of a specific point. Too many liberal tree hugging people complaining about this. I do agree we don't need to be involved at all, but do you just suggest that we continue to allow this idiot to murder his people?

YES. The whole crazy dictator killing his own people issue is not some new thing that just popped up in Libya. It has been an ongoing situation in multiple countries in the world since the start of organized society. Just because the news is covering a few thousand Libyans in open revolt being killed, does not mean genocide and human persecution is not taking place elsewhere on a FAR greater level. North Korea's atrocities against its own people are comparable to Nazi Germany in human lives as well as suffering. Probably much worse. How many other countries in Africa alone have had genocidal maniacs commit atrocities against humanity that dwarf this comparatively insignificant hiccup in Libya in just the last decade?

And then there are the ones we did intervene in. We all know how that turned out.

We need to start minding our own damn business, and maybe direct this 7 billion dollars for a 6 month no fly zone towards RIOTING TEACHERS. Why are our politicians spending months arguing over "fiscal responsibility" to cut middle wage teaching salaries, while at the same time bypassing all BS and earmarking billions of dollars to bomb yet ANOTHER sand dune??? Hey, at least we've got our priorities straight.

How many times are we going to fall for the SAME REHASHED BS before we see through the propaganda????

Anyway, Congress has been spared the minor inconvenience of passing a military intervention, which I imagine they would have. They can come back from vacation and get straight to cutting the education budget because they are so damn fiscally responsible. The hypocritical nature of this whole thing is making me unusually angry....

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Stumason,
I have no interest if You are or are not a mason, You are talking like one, which is typified as a parrot.

You are repeating the dogma .
The occult basis of this BLOOD sacrifice on this day, as was the Iraq so called war is to do with a BELIEF held by those who have organised this to occur with perfect TIMING.
The players involved are pawns in a long planned agenda.

This is about when there is equal light and darkness, or black and white checkerboard flooring in every masonic lodge.

This is who actually run this planet, not their puppets called governments, and You need to look into the occult to ever begin to realise what is at play, otherwise You just act as a mouth piece for what You are been spoon fed.

This will have been very well planned out in long time frames, the pawns are simply moved about the chess board to activate the play.
WAKE UP.
www.cuttingedge.org...
www.whale.to...
edit on 20-3-2011 by gravitor because: to add links

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   

Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa, in comments on Egypt's official state news agency, wants an emergency meeting of the organisation. "What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone, and what we want is the protection of civilians and not the bombardment of more civilians," he said.

BBC News

Surprise, surprise.

I think they just needed the support of the Arab League as a rubber stamp. Once the wheels had been set in motion, it didn't matter too much what they think.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Top US military commander Admiral Mike Mullen has acknowledged that the military end-game is "very uncertain", and that it could end in stalemate with Col Gaddafi.

BBC

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Berlin Lets its Allies go it Alone

Interesting article about Germany's decision to abstain from the UN vote.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Russia regrets military action, calls for ceasefire

­Russian officials have steadily been against any foreign intervention into Libya’s domestic affairs, saying the West should let such turmoil-gripped countries choose their own way of development.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Arab League Secretary General Amr Moussa, in comments on Egypt's official state news agency, wants an emergency meeting of the organisation. "What is happening in Libya differs from the aim of imposing a no-fly zone, and what we want is the protection of civilians and not the bombardment of more civilians," he said.

BBC News

Surprise, surprise.

I think they just needed the support of the Arab League as a rubber stamp. Once the wheels had been set in motion, it didn't matter too much what they think.

Yeah, this is really a huge surprise. I mean, who would have saw this coming??? Besides that nutcase Ron Paul who said this would happen in his address urging the President not to bypass congress and implement a no fly zone.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

BBC News

Surprise, surprise.

The Arabs are being quite typical in their response. Sit on the fence, claim no responsibility (despite Arab nations taking part willingly) and make the West look bad. What did they think a no-fly zone meant?

They appear to have also totally bought the line Gaddafi is spinning about Hospitals full of sick, one armed orphans with cancer being hit...I mean, c'mon!

reply to post by gravitor

Indeed. Uh-huh. Yep.... Taken your meds today?
edit on 20/3/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, the good news is, this war might distract us from the nuclear disasters in Japan - and mask the environmental impacts too.

Nothing like multiple contributing factors to confuse the peasants.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The missile attacks were to eliminate the Libyan air defence network in order for the NFZ to be implemented. Standard practice in this sort of thing.

I base my reasoning on regime change on the fact every leader with soemthing to say has called on Gaddaffi to go, so that has to be the ultimate goal, even if they are unsure how to achieve it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by phatpackage

The Libyan people are about to be liberated. A great time for them!

come back here 5 years from now and then tell how are the The Libyan people doing under a puppet state run by amercia i am quite sure the Iraqis people dont feel liberated

edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Was watching state of the union this morning on CNN, why does every head of state and military official refuse to answer the questions "Is the goal to get rid of Gaddafi then leave?" "Will Gaddafi's departure end this military action?"
edit on 20-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Total Hypocrisy at best. How come in Bahrain the government can send their police out to kill protestors, in fact they are allowed to bring in foreign forces (The Saudi's) to help crush the uprising in their country, yet Libya arnt allowed to. Perhaps something to do with US bases in Bahrain has something to do with it. The worlds gone mad and im beginning to wonder what side is right in all this.
edit on 20-3-2011 by DarthPhobos because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by brokenbullet56
Was watching state of the union this morning on CNN, why does every head of state and military official refuse to answer the questions "Is the goal to get rid of Gaddafi then leave?" "Will Gaddafi's departure end this military action?"
edit on 20-3-2011 by brokenbullet56 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you and also last night General Mark Kimmit was on CNN with Wolf Blitzer stated

General Mark Kimmit tells CNN's Wolf Blitzer "we want Gadhafi gone."

He only stated they want Gadhafi gone in a not so friendly tune with wolf.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I also didn't like the fact McCain was smiling when talking about the military actions so far? How is this a good thing especially since the U.S. doesn't want to be in charge...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthPhobos
Total Hypocrisy at best. How come in Bahrain the government can send their police out to kill protestors, in fact they are allowed to bring in foreign forces (The Saudi's) to help crush the uprising in their country, yet Libya arnt allowed to. Perhaps something to do with US bases in Bahrain has something to do with it. The worlds gone mad and im beginning to wonder what side is right in all this.

And another point I want to make is this, Where the hell were the so called allied forces when in Rwanda and in other african countries millions of people got slaughtered for years on end. Probably because there was no money to be made by helping them poor souls, this so called allied attack is nothing more than attempt to get rid of one person they have saught for years on end. All us in the west have had our taxes raised, price of food and relative living costs gone up, cuts all over the place yet they are all too eager to start firing $100 million worth of thomahawk missles at the first opportunity & are even more willing to spend $100 million a week in guaranteeing a No Fly zone. I tell ya, these bastards need to know that what they try to tell me through their propeganda media isnt fooling anyone. That puppet Obama reading his prepared speeches & the new war munger here in the UK William Hague will have some questions to be answered, but rest assured they will once again get away with it due to their lies & power

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by TribeOfManyColours

Yeah WW3 inc countries in range of libyan guns missles terrorists on europe main land /uk wanting revenge.Iranian responce Isreals reaction= WW3/big war vacuum

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
more reports and surprise surprise the usa general doesn't see any reports of civilians been hit yet russia does?

No Reports of Civillans been Hit? Yet Russia Says There have been ?

Mullen said he had seen no reports of civilian casualties from the Western strikes. But Russia said there had been such casualties and called on Britain, France and the United States to halt the "non-selective use of force."

Mullen said he had seen no reports of civilian casualties from the Western strikes.

typical lie from a NATO General the same lies that happened in 1999 No civilian casualties in Serbia

interesting comment

And the rebels yelled… “Freedom”? Nope. “Democracy”? No, wrong again. It was “Allah akbar!” Putting al Qaeda in charge of Libya at the expense of US taxpayers – that’s some foreign policy! Oh my, I’m missing Bush! He was dumb, but never so dumb! Or maybe not, maybe Obama is not dumb, and playing into the hands of Islamic militants is a part of his master plan of building relations with Islam.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join