It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 43
<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:19 AM
link   
Interesting, reading the comments others have posted on the BBC News website.

BBC News: Have your Say

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kram09

Tareq, in Tripoli, Libya, writes: "This is another oil war. I'm no Gaddafi loyalist but we are not stupid"

BBC News

Just thought I'd post this from the BBC News, live feed.
I think the 2% of the world's oil was a nice bonus, but what I think they really wanted was the power.
I'm talking about two things, stratetgic dominance, and one less country to resist the global order.
edit on 20-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
If this is all about removing Gaddafi, then why not just drop a bomb on him and his regime and be done with it and it's not like Western governments haven't had the opportunity to do so. This is all just complete BS.

First Air strike against Libya

These elitest sub-human trash don't half like getting together to have their picture taken. Say, "Smile, More Blood".

edit on 20-3-2011 by kindred because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

edit on 20/3/11 by Kram09 because: Link problems

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Tareq, in Tripoli, Libya, writes: "This is another oil war. I'm no Gaddafi loyalist but we are not stupid"

BBC News

Thing is, if this was an Oil War, then why not let gaddafi slap the rebls silly and go back to where we were in Febuary? We had the contracts already, why go in and go through the hassle of "regime change" when we already had what we wanted?

This whole "War for Oil" argument makes no sense!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
This is good news. Gaddafi is a genocidal maniac. Of course its a loss for anti-semite/anti-zionist crowd.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by stumason

BBC News

Thing is, if this was an Oil War, then why not let gaddafi slap the rebls silly and go back to where we were in Febuary? We had the contracts already, why go in and go through the hassle of "regime change" when we already had what we wanted?

This whole "War for Oil" argument makes no sense!

Nothing will "make sense2 whilst ever You watch and repeat what the BBC British brainwashingcompany are indoctrinating You with, and which You are REPEATING in YOUR posts here.
This is all OCCULT based.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

What contracts? Well those contracts wouldn't mean shyt if the US didn't seek to support the rebels which may have decided to seek help from alqueida. if the U.S. twidled their thumbs and let a terrorist group assist the rebels and then cease control then those contracts wouldn't mean jack diddly squat now would they. I mean are they really his people if they wanted him dead?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   

Yes, when the rebels were winning a couple of weeks back. Remarks were made that if they won, they would scrutinise any oil deals and end any contracts which were unfavourable to Libya.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

Well elaborate more instead of just saying "occult based" and not explaining your statement.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:54 AM
link   
So this thread has turned into a debate about oil instead of a live update thread? Oh well, guess we'll all have to get our updates elsewhere.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   
I think the bigger question is what happens after the smoke clears and the bodies are buried.
edit on 20-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Christian Voice

Ya, looks about time to lift a finger doesn't it? Or is asking for you to do a google search too much? Btw, the last live update was on THIS VERY PAGE. Are people not allowed to have conversations anymore?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by gravitor

Did you just stick your hand into a barrel of words to put that post together. It made no sense.

Occult what now? You still think I am a Freemason, don't you?

Originally posted by michaelknives52
What contracts?

The deal BP have to drill there, perhaps?

Well those contracts wouldn't mean shyt if the US didn't seek to support the rebels which may have decided to seek help from alqueida.

And where have you seen anything even remotely hinting at these rebels seeking help from"Al Qaeda"? I've only heard Gaddfi claim this and he is as mad as a hatter. I think you're just making stuff up, you know.

if the U.S. twidled their thumbs and let a terrorist group assist the rebels and then cease control then those contracts wouldn't mean jack diddly squat now would they.

The US twiddled it's thumbs even right up until the French attacked Gaddafi's forces in Benghazi yesterday. They are a very reluctant partner. Your claims of a terrorist group (which barely exists by the way) helping tyhe rebls is nonsense.

I mean are they really his people if they wanted him dead?

Gaddafi has been killing his people for years. What about the prison ijn 1996 (I think) where he slaughtered over 1,000 political prisoners because they dared to protests against conditions there?

Yes, when the rebels were winning a couple of weeks back. Remarks were made that if they won, they would scrutinise any oil deals and end any contracts which were unfavourable to Libya.

And rightly so, because I suspect that the deals are quite wonky, given the fact that Geddafi signed them. They probably line his pockets rather well. At the end of the day though, there are only a finite amount of Oil Companies in the world and someone has to drill.

Originally posted by Christian Voice
So this thread has turned into a debate about oil instead of a live update thread? Oh well, guess we'll all have to get our updates elsewhere.

Yep, because apparently this is another "US War for Oil". Of course, had we done nothing, those same people would be whinging about the West ignoring another Darfur. No win.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   

So you think everything was done and dusted & going to plan. Is that why they released the Lockerbie bomber and then fed the British people complete and utter BS. I'm not going to delude myself and claim l know the truth and I'm not saying you are either, but does anyone really know the truth. At the end of the day, we are all in the dark and we have nothing but the words of compulsive liars and we are constantly spoon fed propaganda by the media. The only thing we can go off is the actions of our governments and can you honestly tell me that they are the actions of a moral and just government.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The Bomber's release was part of the deal Blair did so BP could gain access to Libyan oil fields.

It was going quite well until this rebellion kicked off. And, even though some claim the rebels might renegotiate the contracts possibly making us lose out, we're still in there backing them up..

Kind of puts to bed the whole "War for Oil" argument in my book.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Interesting, reading the comments others have posted on the BBC News website.

BBC News: Have your Say
Makes you wonder if we're doing the right thing by doing this :/

Someone made a comment I think matters. The civilians were protesters until they took up arms. Then they became rebels. At that point it wasn't protesting, it was civil war. That's internal. Libya didn't attack another country. Shouldn't that matter?

Assuming this is a civil war, might we make it worse by getting involved?
edit on 20-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

We're damned if we do and damned if we don't.

If we did nothing and allowed Gaddafi to win, slaughter those who opposed him then bought his Oil, we'd be propping up a dictator.

If we intervene and kick Gaddafi out, we're interfering, imperialist Oil-whores.

EDIT: To respond to your edit. the UN has intervened in most Civil Wars at some point to stop fighting, get people talking and bring about peace. This is the same. Korea was a Civil War, Bosnia was a Civil War, Kosovo was a Civil War. What's the difference here?
edit on 20/3/11 by stumason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I strongly disagree with the whole "war for oil" argument! Most of what we see is small piece of a long term military strategy to gain more control. The sad truth is that if it wasn't America leading the path to world control, somebody else would be. From a military stand point russia and china still remain the enemy with the greatest threat. Some people need to come to understand that there is very few human beings in this world that can be in control of anything without abusing it for greed and personal gain as if its natural human instinct. The only way I can see there ever being peace in this world is for each and every individual to be truly equal to each other.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Arab league now criticizing the air strikes.

news.sky.com...

So we have Africa, China, Russia and now the Arab league all unhappy with airstrikes, are we witnessing the tables slowly turning against us here.

new topics

top topics

<< 40  41  42    44  45  46 >>

join