It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

edit on 19-3-2011 by all2human because: (no reason given)

looks like a mig to me,could be a mirage f1

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

Obama is playing a 'back-seat' role in this because he wants to remain in power come the elections next year. With public opinion clearly against full US Military intervention, this does seem a logical conclusion.

Also, it would also benefit Obama to sit this one out so that in the case of a US lead attack on Iran (which I suspect is the goal behind the broader campaign in Northern Africa / Middle East) he does not have the consistency of George W. Bush of being a warmonger.

It 'looks' better, both in the people's eyes and the eyes of the International Community.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Skellon because: typing error

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Groundhog Day......................................

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
Its not us. We dont want this. Our government has been rogue for while now. They are just trying to keep us from realizing that they are no longer a real democratically elected government. Sure, we go through the motions, but no matter who we elect, corporations call the shots. The government not only doesnt listen to the people it says "# the people."

I'm not buyin it. This entire discussion revolves around us helping people who are doing what Americans won't.

We do not care, and proving otherwise would be an uphill battle. The American people do not really pay attention, feel powerful, care, or really read much of anything; or some combination of the 4.

We are doing this and give our government permission daily. A long road has created this, and we paved it.

Personally, I'm sick of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Skellon

I hope no one falls for it. He is no better than Bush. Corporate owned, all the way.

But you are right, having the French "start it" is just politics. Its just a way to distract the American people from how much of our money in the form of military might is being squandered over there for some economic chess game that we arent profiting from.

We are just paying the tab for some rich jerks to get richer.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Stop the War

www.iacenter.org...,0

link   
US shot 119 Tomahawk missiles into Libya. At a cost of $575,000 Per missile the total cost is $68,425,000. Or 8.425 Million more than NPR receives in a year. Because that's exactly what America needs, to waste 68,425,000 dollars when our country is already up to its throat in debt.

link   
reply to post by KrazyJethro

So the media says to you.

Why do you think they pay people to go one forums like this one and rant about how they support this kind of stuff? To make you believe your fellow American is your enemy, not the people lying to you via the media.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander
reply to post by Skellon

I hope no one falls for it. He is no better than Bush. Corporate owned, all the way.

But you are right, having the French "start it" is just politics. Its just a way to distract the American people from how much of our money in the form of military might is being squandered over there for some economic chess game that we arent profiting from.

We are just paying the tab for some rich jerks to get richer.

Yes, US couldn't be seen to start yet another war....but in any case, it doesn't matter, it's an NWO war and they are all on the same sick team, all buddies.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

I know because I make a point, as I've done for almost 2 decades, to talk to people about the taboo topics. I see the writing on the walls and watch no tv and have no cable.

The media tells me little to nothing because most cable shows are the same as infomercials and should be taken as such. We are off topic, this action is wrong in it's implementation. Food and advisement is not the same as donating aggression.

The latter negates the former, especially when the people it's against tend to hold a grudge.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

OP, I think we have to start using a language which more reflects the reality of what is happening. This is an NWO invasion of Libya.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Konah

A rebel plane was shot down by pro-Gaddafi forces as well. They are using anti-aircraft weapons, so I will guess those are the next targets.
Rebel Plane Shot Down

From the article:

"Witnesses in Bengazi, in the east of the country, said they heard large explosions on Saturday. Al Jazeera's correspondents reporting from the city reported multiple explosions, plumes of smoke in the sky and a fighter jet belonging to the opposition getting shot down."

Yeah, that wording is quite vague, but it doesn't say 'rebel plane' I guess 'opposition' is meant to mean rebel forces, and not 'pro-gadaffi' forces.

Nice catch. Wish they clarified more as to what sort of plane, etc.
reply to post by wcitizen

I really wish you people wouldn't use incredibly vague terms like NWO to describe these events.
edit on 19-3-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Thats actually not a bad idea. To help defend against their tactic of pitting us against each other, refuse to play their game and call it what it is.

Instead of the Republicans and Democrats we can just call them the NWO party 1&2. Refuse to acknowledge their branding themselves as us. Because they arent.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ModestMike

While I agree with your point, isn't it funny that a week ago people on ATS were criticizing the US, and Obama specifically for NOT 'helping' the 'rebels'?

Damned if you do, damned if you dont.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Do you have any proof that this is the action of a New World Order?

Do you actually know what an 'invasion' is?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

There are some eerie similarities which make this stand out as an act of the globalists.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1
To everyone here on ATS

JUST BE GLAD YOU GOT FREEDOM

You wouldnt know what hit you if you were under the rule of somebody like Kim Jong or Gaddafi!

Please share with us your personal experiences of living in N Korea & Libya.. compare & contrast, please! How did ill and gaddafi affected you personally?.. did one prefer testicle torture, the other pliers & nipples?.. who was the electricity freak?.. do tell.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."

..but in the USA he needs a permit to fish, but he doesn't have a license, DMV wont give him one because he doesn't have any money.. so he goes to city hall to protest and is arrested for lacking a "parade permit". This man has no ID and looks kinda brown (from being in the sun fishing), but he gets deported by ICE to Guatemala.. lol

Vice President Joe Biden said he didn't consider mubarak a dictator.. yet gaddafi is huh?..huum, looks like being a "dictator" depends on popularity.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Absolutely laughable hahahahahaha! You can't even prove there is a NWO let alone if they have anything to do with this honorable act of helping free the Libyan people from this ruthless dictator! hahahahahaha! Unsubstantiated fear mongering gossip! hahahahahaha!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
when a country illegally ( according to Ron paul and others) fires that many cruise missles into another country,
illegal is what it is called...mass murder is as good a term as any

they have captured foregin troops screwing around so to say this isn't a semantical invasion isn't really that important
it won't be an invasion when it is the US's turn either.
Thats why Obama has cozied up to the UN with all the laws and executive orders...
PS Obama'si chair at the UN while serving as president of the US is alone more illegal than gadaffy

but the world won't object when it is the US's turn..they'll welcome it by then
na no new world order
this is all random.

prove that it is
NO NWO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
oooops the UN
silly me
Can't believe youze no NWO ers missed that lil point

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skellon

My democratically elected broke government is ignoring the will of 2/3 to 3/4 of the people who supposedly are the basis of legitimate government, and are acting in a way that will secure resources for multinational corporations, but will leave my own nation more broke than it already is.

I have seen CIA memos thanks to Wikileaks telling the German and French governments how to ignore the know will of their people in their democratic countries as well, so that the leaders of those countries could support the war in Afghanistan against the will of the people.

So, someone is telling our government to ignore our people, (And we just happen to know how much money corporations have been pumping into our elections) and the CIA is telling other world leaders to ignore their people, in democratic nations, where that is in direct contradiction to what democracy is...............and you dont think its fair for us to say the NWO is responsible for attacking Libya?

I disagree. I say clearly there is some force playing puppemaster in the Mid East right now, and it goes beyond just the US, or UK. Its someone who is capable of making first world leaders jump when they say jump.

What do you think we should call them?

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join