It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal
I have to say this.....

As I am watching the coverage my thoughts continue to drift to something else entirely. If the American people were ever to rise up and make any attempt to oust our Government, which no longer serves it's population, is there now any doubt that we would see a similar type of action like we are seeing in Libya? Where a Coalition of forces would come in to aid, only difference is they would aid the US Government, not the American people, and it would all be authorized by the United Nations and then accepted by the world's population as a necessary military action?

Sadly you are correct. The biggest problem with the UN is that it makes global governance decisions and although it operates democratically internally, it operates much like a republic as far as delegates from nations. The only problem is that the nations of the world never vote on who represents them at the UN or what the UN representative should do or say. So in essence, the UN is just a tool, that's right a tool used by the worlds elite, not a legitimate governing body because we have no say in it.

I only bring this point up because if the UN was elected by all people, or at least we sent elected representatives, I would honor and respect its decisions as they would be the will of the world.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   
This greedy insanity has to stop. There is absolutely no excuse for this invasion.

I hope we get our a&%s well and truly kicked and start to learn a lesson.

I just watched this video by Vets Against War. It is heartbreaking.

www.youtube.com...

The hearts of the Libyan people will be breaking tonight as their country is invaded by foreign powers.

How would any of us feel if that was our country?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
If the coalition forces can do this in Libya, WHY NOT DO IT IN MEXICO, YEMEN, CHAD, ALBANIA, ARMENIA, COMOROS,SOMALIA, BAHRAIN, etc!! The last time I know about bad leadership is that an entire nation is mad about their leader and its own military goes coup, but hell Gaddafi is in complete control of his army, he is winning against the rebels!!

And btw what happened to oath of enlistment in the US military?
"..to defend the Constitution of the United States against all aggressors..."

Oh yeah that son of a bitc* Gaddafi planning to attack US? or we just want to be the World Police.

Let them kill each other, interfere only if you see genocide!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deutschbag

Although if we cannot get our individual "democratic" governments to enact the will of the people of the nations they ostensibly serve, how on Earth could we get those elected officials to listen to the will of the people even if we held elections?

Because of the way the media works democracy is stunningly easy to subvert.

More on topic, there are all these rumors that Gaddafi is going to commit suicide.

Think they are going to off him so that they dont have to provide proof of his air strikes against his people in court?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Well Well why is that the French (Govt) either started or Interacted first in Wars! and the rest of the World Ends it !
or when they the French (Govt) are asked to help out a backup or a stand by they turn around and Back out ?

French & Indian War

War of 1812

The Great War a.k.a World War One

World War II German invasion of Poland France & England interacts

First Indochina War1 & 2nd War a.k.a. Vietnam !

need i say more ? Apology if i missed some Wars

ohh and why does the French are only Victorious by foreign leaders ? Napoleon was Corsican or not a French man ? like Joan of Arc for example ! and Why is France always saved from totally loosing a war by Americans ?

The Complete Military History of France
See: WW1
www.albinoblacksheep.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Farrakhan tells it like it is:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
Ron Paul; agrees this attack on Libya is illegal...
which makes the west guilty of far worse then Gadaffy...

and there are a lot of people in the world that are starting to catch on...

Lockerbie: Megrahi Was Framed
No one in authority has had the guts to state the truth about the bombing of Pan Am Flight 103 above the Scottish village of Lockerbie on 21 December 1988 in which 270 people were killed. The governments in England and Scotland in effect blackmailed Megrahi into dropping his appeal as a condition of his immediate release. Of course there were oil and arms deals under way with Libya; but had Megrahi proceeded with his appeal, some 600 pages of new and deliberately suppressed evidence would have set the seal on his innocence and given us more than a glimpse of how and why he was stitched up for the benefit of "strategic interests."

"The endgame came down to damage limitation," said the former CIA officer Robert Baer, who took part in the original investigation, "because the evidence amassed by [Megrahi's] appeal is explosive and extremely damning to the system of justice." New witnesses would show that it was impossible for Megrahi to have bought clothes that were found in the wreckage of the Pan Am aircraft – he was convicted on the word of a Maltese shopowner who claimed to have sold him the clothes, then gave a false description of him in 19 separate statements and even failed to recognize him in the courtroom.

original.antiwar.com...

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Although if we cannot get our individual "democratic" governments to enact the will of the people of the nations they ostensibly serve, how on Earth could we get those elected officials to listen to the will of the people even if we held elections?

Because of the way the media works democracy is stunningly easy to subvert.

More on topic, there are all these rumors that Gaddafi is going to commit suicide.

Think they are going to off him so that they dont have to provide proof of his air strikes against his people in court?

You are completely right, it just happens to be my fantasy that we might one day see a true world republic, but I realize it is probably just fantasy. As far as Gaddafi and the suicide thing, wouldn't surprise me one bit. If he is dead it will be much easier to demonize him then.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by JakiusFogg
reply to post by Konah

This is the question. Where did the "rebels" as they have been dubbed get a full on fighter jet and the capabilty to operate it, considering that a few weeks ago this was a popular uprising????

It all smells

many libyan pilots defected...some could have easily taken their planes to the rebels.

link   
reply to post by MrWendal

i was thinking the exact same thing as i was watching. Either that, or, another countries troops aid us, then set up a puppet government that doesn't show its true colors till later down the road, just as we do to several countries. Either way it's pretty bleak. Truthful, but bleak. :/

link   
reply to post by Wolfenz

You do realise the French were fighting wars before America was even a recognised country?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
wow, it seems they have a launched 114 missles and the Hospitals are filling up with the wounded.
black is white and white is black and niether have the peoples interest as their agenda. confusing -
reports as to the targets of those missles. and since we have appeared in force, I must ask - Who
is keeping Iran and Israel from whacking one another... also, did you catch how Clinton was slinging
dirt towards Iran - Iran is being sheep dipped and has been for a while - they routinely mis-translate
his speeches for some hostile agenda.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   

We might.

But I suspect if we do it will be AFTER a horribly abusive sham "NWO" type government drives us to the brink of disaster, and it will be because the people of the world are pushed beyond their ability to endure and further exploitation.

Its going to get a LOT worse before it gets better, Im afraid.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Why are we getting involved AGAIN!

I swear, it's like the American people couldn't care less what America does abroad. I don't really see much use in discussing the scale of the war, because unfortunately any aggression is in for a penny in for a pound.

Stop military action now and come home. We can not continue to deal and pay with others problems while trying to deal with our own.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
(looks into crystal ball) Air Supporting western spec ops ,they did this in Afghanistan using the Kurds many years ago,there are most definitely irregular western operatives on the ground,aiding rebel forces,momar will be alive after all of this is over,mark my words
edit on 19-3-2011 by all2human because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by KrazyJethro
Why are we getting involved AGAIN!

I swear, it's like the American people couldn't care less what America does abroad. I don't really see much use in discussing the scale of the war, because unfortunately any aggression is in for a penny in for a pound.

Its not us. We dont want this. Our government has been rogue for while now. They are just trying to keep us from realizing that they are no longer a real democratically elected government. Sure, we go through the motions, but no matter who we elect, corporations call the shots. The government not only doesnt listen to the people it says "# the people."

Be that as it may, American voters continue to be dead-set against US intervention in Libyan affairs, according to a number of recent polls. Between two-thirds and three-quarters of Americans (depending on which poll you're reading) tell pollsters they would rather not see the US "involved." You can read the poll data here.

Read more: www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
the terms of the resolution are for allied forces to use military action if necessary to prevent the killing of the innocent public of libya...NOT the removal of gudaffi from power (although this will happen during the process).

under no current terms of the resolution can allied forces occupy libya.

thats not to say these terms wont change but as it stands...the goals of the allied forces could be completed with gudaffi still in charge at the end of it.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy

Originally posted by Irish Matador
reply to post by martin3030

Correct but you forgot to mention they were AMERICAN missile attacks.

As much as there is a civil war...the libyan people do NOT want foregin intervention.

But who cares as they got oil.

3..2..1.....fire.

Hi Irish,
They are not all US missiles some were from a british submarine. I'm a brit, lived in Ireland for many, many years I do not condone the action at all by anyone. It would have been known from the outset that the cruise attack would be indiscriminate, no matter what the blurb says. I think most right minded people in GB will be appalled by these actions, they don't like what is going on in their name anymore that US citizens who also have their name on those missiles.

Yes you are right.
2 things also become hot topics;
1.That after the CONDEM cuts,we still have any ability to put together any decent fast response.
2.While schools libraries and pensioners here in the UK have to do without,that there is an amazing pot of spare cash to suddenly throw away for a problem that Arab nations could be doing.

There are claims that the West is only after oil,which is being denied.
But lets not forget Kuwait or Iraq-they are still paying for the liberation,which cost them a lot of deals.
My guess is that the same will happen with Libya-they will be expected to compensate the West with oil once Gaddafi has gone.
Its just all too predictable-because we have seen it all before.........

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by wcitizen
Farrakhan tells it like it is:

www.youtube.com...

I am no fan at all of Farrakhan, but this may be the most honest thing I have ever heard in my life. He lays out his case very clearly and truly undeniably. He goes well beyond race, which I did not expect at all, with references to Waco, and something I forgot all about until he said it.. the MOVE movement in Philadelphia.

The MOVE thing I remember. I grew up in Philadelphia. I was just a little kid, but I remember the news coverage. I do not remember the situation (and I have not looked it up yet) I remember the outcome. From memory, it was some black lady with a big afro and her "followers". They were some type of movement but they were holed up in an apartment. Police had them surrounded. They ended up burning down the whole apartment complex to get them out. I do not remember if they were caught or they died, I remember damn near the whole city block in Philadelphia on fire. It was crazy, the police literally attacked.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Not sure if this was posted.

"War Plane Falling Down After Missle Attack In Lybia"

Kind regards.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join