It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Louis Farrakhan is vewy unhappy with POTUS

www.hapblog.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by Gin
reply to post by Itop1

Due all respect. Do you really believe these aerial bombardments will leave 0 civilian casualties? We all know how all things turned in Iraq.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Gin because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Gin because: (no reason given)

The airstikes hit specific targets, they werent just randomly dropped you know.

That's rubbish and you know it, they were AIMED at specific targets, the results as stated in my link required 12 hours including reconnaissance. BTW, do YOU know where the Libyan STA missiles are based? mobile or otherwise.
edit on 19-3-2011 by smurfy because: Text.

link   
Sorry if this seems ignorant, but i haven't been doing to well at keeping up with events recently, and was wondering if anyone could point me to a site or place where i can read up on what's going on in Libya, and why we are attacking them now? I mean, i know there's written reasons and real motives are two different things, i just want some background info to put these events in perspective.
Any help is much appreciated.

link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
And of course when the people in the US start rebelling, the US government is gonna ask for the UN/NATO to kill those ``terrorists`` and they will do it.

Wouldn't it be nice if China and Russia decided on a no-fly zone with the SCO over the US when that happens?

edit on 19-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

yeah there it is Vitch
that is exactly what was just signed by the trilateral a couple of weeks ago.
Harmonization
The laws are there hanging just waiting for the president to declare it

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

The UN is a joke as are it's policies, you give me one good example of it being adhered too. Most major countries have broken some rules or other. The Arab League have been bought for a while now, mainly Saudi Arabia who are the USA's bedfellows in that regard. If this turns out to be lucrative for them then the'll turn a blind eye, words are words and they rarely stick to 'promises'.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
I can't believe they wasted so many tax payer dollars wasting 112 cruise missiles on twenty targets. War is a dangerous business. Let the pilots pucker up. The good ones won't be shot down. Those foreign jets don't cost America anything. Why are we supporting al-Qaeda backed rebels in Libya and trying to kill them in Afghanistan?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

I just cant stand spineless people like you, who would rather have your luxury rather than help people in need, people who being murdered.

Do you think the people of Libya are the only ones being murdered in the world?

I am watching the CNN coverage now and good ol Wolf is asking some military talking head various questions and I just want to throw stuff at my TV cause the BS is just unbelievable. What is even more unbelievable to me is that so much of the public is buying this BS hook line and sinker... AGAIN!!!!

We are literally seeing much of the same propaganda used to justify the War in Iraq. With just some minor adjustments. Instead of "He used chemical weapons against his own people" we are seeing "He is killing his own people" and it is all BS. If killing your own people is all it takes to justify the bombing of another country, why have we not bombed the leadership in Sudan over Darfur? Why are we not bombing China? What about Saudi Arabia?? The police there have opened fire and killed protesters, why are we not concerned about them "killing their own people"? So it is ok for Saudi Arabia but not Libya?

The difference is the West wants new leadership in Libya, and they are going to make it happen by force. The West does not want new leadership in Saudi Arabia, so we will turn a blind eye to their actions. It is all grade A, prime cut BS.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
This could well be the end of western civilization as we know it. This was predicted in advance by Lindsey Williams. We know that the uprisings have been largely staged by the elite, and that their primary purpose is to create turmoil in the oil markets and drive those prices up to $200 a barrel. Obama the great peace loving democrat has just launched an undeclared war against Libya. The US congress has not made a declaration of war as required by the constitution. That's OK that document will be suspended in due time anyway.

Williams has been told that the mideast unrest will launch WWIII. Eventually it will spread into Saudi Arabia and Iran. Israel will be attacked and she will join in the fun. The US will be bankrupted and the citizens rights will be stripped in the name of the colossal war effort. We don't manufacture anything so our chances don't look so good. Since we intend to defacto default on all our debt, the entire world will be after the US to repay.

Wasn't it just a lovely coincidence that two recent eco-disasters, the gulf oil spill and the Japanese nuke plant meltdowns have served to pump up oil prices. First by creating a perceived scarcity and second by discouraging the use of nuclear power. All I can say is come quickly Lord Jesus!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
OBAMA IS A WARMONGER!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrWendal

It is all grade A, prime cut BS.

Hey, at least in the 21st century we get prime cut BS, not like the half-rate propaganda they used to serve. The stuff today is juicy and wholesome, nothin' like a righteous humanitarian missile barbeque!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451

with a peace prize
but then macdonalds claims to be food too
"sigh*

PS LOL mR bag
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by intelinside451

It is not just Obama.... stop giving him so much credit.

This action was authorized by the United Nations. Not only the USA, but other countries as well are involved. The British are also playing a HUGE role in this action. It is obvious that there is an agenda at play here and it goes well beyond the USA.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
A second war in the Middle East launched on the Vernal Equinox. Why is no one discussing this aspect of it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Again can anyone fill me in?

What exactly has happened?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Response to missles

Can anyone please break down what exactly he means? Its very hard to understand the interpreter, and the meaning seems blurry. Is he saying that he has countries that will back him up (Africa etc)? This sounds like he is ready to start the war. Did anyone hear this different?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernDystopia
A second war in the Middle East launched on the Vernal Equinox. Why is no one discussing this aspect of it.

Maybe you could clue us in?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

[[6:20 p.m. ET, 12:20 a.m. in Libya] A defiant Moammar Gadhafi says missile strikes launched Saturday night are grounds for a "crusade war" and vowed to fight back.

"The Libyan people will fight against this aggression. All you people of the Islamic nations and Africa. And all you people in Latin America, and asia to stand with the Libyan people in its fight agaist this aggression," he said.

"France has carried an aggression against Libya. The security council and the international community has a responsibility to do what it takes about this aggression against the sovereign state."

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I have to say this.....

As I am watching the coverage my thoughts continue to drift to something else entirely. If the American people were ever to rise up and make any attempt to oust our Government, which no longer serves it's population, is there now any doubt that we would see a similar type of action like we are seeing in Libya? Where a Coalition of forces would come in to aid, only difference is they would aid the US Government, not the American people, and it would all be authorized by the United Nations and then accepted by the world's population as a necessary military action?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
Is anyone aware of how much food and housing could be provided to people all over the world with just the money they are throwing away on this mass murder ....They don't give a dam about civilians...There are fodder...All they want is all of Libya's oil and other resources...Same as all the rest of these so called operations to save humanity....The sooner they destroy this planet the better off we all will be...

top topics

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join