It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 29
<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by lnr42
reply to post by Itop1

No wonder you have these ridiculous views if your mid is so full of hate and fear.

Try and learn to relax and maybe you wont be so afraid of everyone who is a little different
edit on 19-3-2011 by lnr42 because: (no reason given)

I just cant stand spineless people like you, who would rather have your luxury rather than help people in need, people who being murdered.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Has it ever occurred to you that this thread is being deliberately run off track by people trying to shift the focus away from the FACT that Libya is being attacked toward bickering between individual nations?

Just pointless nationalism that adds nothing of value to the discussion? Such as why are a bunch of rich western nations spending resources they dont have as they are all broke and in debt to "save" the Libyan people from the guy who has been running their country for over 40 years?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by canuckster
May their gods be with them...............

I think I'm going to be sick, how can anyone tolerate this nonsense....................

Yea, i know, the slaughtering of innocent children and familys also makes me feel sick because that is the reality and that is what is happening right now in libya.

This has been happening in Africa for decades. Humanitarian purposes do not enter into this, that is merely a smokescreen and as it stands we're probably going to see many more civilian deaths because of smart bombs and the like.

Gin

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

So correct about the current massacre going in Libya.

The official news agency Jana said there were "civilians casualties as a result of this aggression''.

State television also reported that Western forces bombed fuel tanks feeding the rebel-held city of Misrata, east of Tripoli.

Civilian casualties in Western strikes on Libya

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

I think I'm going to be sick, how can anyone tolerate this nonsense....................

Yea, i know, the slaughtering of innocent children and familys also makes me feel sick because that is the reality and that is what is happening right now in libya.

This has been happening in Africa for decades..

So that makes it ok? just because we cant help the whole world doesnt mean we shouldnt try,

But then again, so many conspiracys surround this, seems like everyone on these forums have been brainwashed in to believeing its for oil (even though there wont be any occupying force) and its the work of an imaginary NWO

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
How can anybody have any faith or pride in their governing bodies?

None of this makes any sense. Those guys crush dissent but that's cool, these guys crush dissent and that's not cool, we'll crush dissent here and that's cool, but don't you do it or we'll bomb you, vote for me because that last guy is some teigger happier war nut, thanks now let's go to war, oh snap there's no money for anything anywhere let me explode 60 million dollars in this desert here....

It's all so ridiculous and absurd and if people weren't dying and slaving it'd be hysterical.

And we have more idiots with their "sas is so cool" "special forces will kill everyone in record time" garbage that just makes the slavers sit back and grin.

Christ, why is everyone so stupid and why the hell

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gin
reply to post by Itop1

So correct about the current massacre going in Libya.

The official news agency Jana said there were "civilians casualties as a result of this aggression''.

State television also reported that Western forces bombed fuel tanks feeding the rebel-held city of Misrata, east of Tripoli.

Civilian casualties in Western strikes on Libya

That was broadcast by libya state TV.... do i really really need to say any more? seriously???

Gin

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Due all respect. Do you really believe these aerial bombardments will leave 0 civilian casualties? We all know how all things turned in Iraq.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Gin because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
lnr42 Itop1...
Time to pull it out... No not that, I'm talking about that picture. You know, this 1:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c0382d687c50.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gin
reply to post by Itop1

Due all respect. Do you really believe these aerial bombardments will leave 0 civilian casualties? We all know how all things turned in Iraq.

The airstikes hit specific targets, they werent just randomly dropped you know.

link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
reply to post by martin3030

Correct but you forgot to mention they were AMERICAN missile attacks.

As much as there is a civil war...the libyan people do NOT want foregin intervention.

But who cares as they got oil.

3..2..1.....fire.

Hi Irish,
They are not all US missiles some were from a british submarine. I'm a brit, lived in Ireland for many, many years I do not condone the action at all by anyone. It would have been known from the outset that the cruise attack would be indiscriminate, no matter what the blurb says. I think most right minded people in GB will be appalled by these actions, they don't like what is going on in their name anymore that US citizens who also have their name on those missiles.

link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Fair point...noted.

Its not as if any of this arguing ever changes anything...I just let myself get drawn in too easily.

I resolve to renounce my fatwa on ignorance....temporarily at least.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
According to the BBC, Libyan TV are now claiming that multiple allied jets have now been shot down

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

This has been happening in Africa for decades..

So that makes it ok? just because we cant help the whole world doesnt mean we shouldnt try,

But then again, so many conspiracys surround this, seems like everyone on these forums have been brainwashed in to believeing its for oil (even though there wont be any occupying force) and its the work of an imaginary NWO

I gave you an example of a massive injustice going on for ages now, to prove that this 'liberation' isn't a sign of goodwill but merely profiteering as most wars are nowadays. Now you say there won't be an occupied Libya.. but all facts point to that not being the case. Obviously Iraq being a massive example, the coalition forces invaded and toppled Saddam's government, they then occupied it for a decade while most have left the region, when USA left 50k troops as advisory.

I see no reason why this wouldn't be different

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
And of course when the people in the US start rebelling, the US government is gonna ask for the UN/NATO to kill those ``terrorists`` and they will do it.

Wouldn't it be nice if China and Russia decided on a no-fly zone with the SCO over the US when that happens?

edit on 19-3-2011 by Vitchilo because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by lnr42

I use to do it too... It's easy to let your emotions get a hold of you.
Then someone posted that pic and I was too embarassed to ever do it again.

Well, to be fair, I probably did do it again. I can have a very convenient memory.

EDIT: woah! That sounded dirty... What is up with me today. Something weird going on in the back of the old noggin.
edit on 19-3-2011 by sliceNodice because: (no reason given)

link   

I agree Iraq was done wrong, but the UN resolution clearly states that there will be no occupying force, if there was then you would have almost all participating nations pull out, including the arab league which is strongly against any occupying force, it wont happen.

link   

We are being propagandized.

If we stay in the thread long enough we will all believe that the bombs we drop on other countries dont kill children, (like they did in Iraq) or puppies, or innocent civilians. Oh no. No one dies when we bomb countries for humanitarian reasons.

And if we stay in this thread long enough we will believe that the western corporate media has no motive to lie to us, but that any small nation being bombed by us is of course just a big fat liar.

Hell, Im already starting to believe that we only liberate nations that have something to do with oil production and transport because their people LOVE FREEDOM more than people in countries with no resources we want.

We are being trolled people.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   

Oh hell I will do it again...probably in a few minutes

And the pic is one of my all time favourite memes...no matter how well it fits me

new topics

top topics

<< 26  27  28    30  31  32 >>

join