It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 25
<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by lnr42

Yes you are right on ther money.

Who will take Gadaffis place as their is no opposition party in the country?

Who will keep the best living standards of any country in the African nations when Gadaffi is gone?

Who will protect their natural resources?

The robbing English or Americans or some new ruthless dictator?

The choices dont look too promising.

The power of the media sometimes scares me so much.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by hbpdfsu

My crystal ball crashed.. so I'll defer to your expertise on the future.

I could see him going to some kangaroo court US military pre-hanging tribunal though.. but a fair open trial?..lol.. no way.. modern day reichsfuhrers learned from hitlers mistake of offering Reichstag fire suspects a trial that wasn't fixed..

It's not a coincidence US military tribunals for boogie-men terror suspects mirror nazi peoples courts... history repeats, just like it is with Libya..

Some people never figure out the same stale war template gets used over and over again.. all you warmongers derpa derping about gadaffy being a dick are regurgitating the EXACT SAME stale pseudo-intellectual talking points from past acts of TPTB violence.. just another amazing coincidence !!!.. lol..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:14 PM
link   
we realize google is complicated but the info on the connections between the Brits and the Libyans have been posted on ATS add nauseum...
www.guardian.co.uk...

Britain cancels Bahrain and Libya arms export licences
Troops from the Gulf state also took training courses at Sandhurst and other military colleges
The government has revoked 44 licences for the export of arms to Bahrain amid concern over the suppression of anti-government protesters.
Eight licences authorising arms sales to Libya were also revoked amid a review of exports to the wider Middle East including Yemen.
The licences are thought to cover items that could be used for repression, such as teargas. The Foreign Office said it had no evidence of British equipment being used in the unrest in Bahrain.
Alistair Burt, the minister for the Middle East and north Africa, said that an immediate review of UK export licences was being conducted as a result of the changing situation in Bahrain

jackienapper56.typepad.com...

just for all the Libya killer brits on this thread
especially the ones maintaining that Iraq has furnished weapons to gadaffy
this bud is for you
edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by Irish Matador

We are all in this together, so dont bother saying things like "US and UK" should hide, dont think so, if we go down the world goes down with us

Yes and because of your country stupidity and greediness ....we all should pay?

Enough of the smiles at the end of your sentences and face the reality of what your country is doing in the pursuit of power and greed.

You might be english and proud but please dont lose sight of the bigger picture and other peoples lives and freedom.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Irish Matador because: (no reason given)

I support my country 100%, i also support the ousting of an Evil dictator 100%, i also support getting rid of the man that ordered the lockorbie bombing 100%

The proof indicating Libya was behind the Lockorbie bombing was extremely thin. Evidence had to be recalled as it was proven to be planted. Their is no substantial evidence that Qaddafi was behind the attack. If you chose to argue that Libya admitted to the attack and payed 2.7 billion dollars in compensation as well as the fact that they extradited the plotters then you would be wrong. Libya did this not becuase of the "substantial evidence" but by the pressures that America put on it by using sanctions. Internal forces pushed for reform and for Libya to enter the international comunity. The only way to do this was to succumb to U.S demands and put the so called "plotters" on trial in Scotland as well as pay 2.7 billion dollars of compensation to those families who lost loved ones. The trial was neither fair nor just.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

You missed the news where the libyan government admited to gaddafi ordering it? you should do a search on google, the evidence is as hard as concrete

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Exactly...

There never was any proof just a lot of indignant palm greasing

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

You missed the news where the libyan government admited to gaddafi ordering it? you should do a search on google, the evidence is as hard as concrete

Aaaah...the news again

Thank God you watch it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Let me ask you americans this question...

0010: Luiz in Brazil writes: "For six years, I was living in Tripoli until 24 February 2011, when I evacuated. I witnessed the earlier protest in Tripoli by the unarmed brave people of this city. The government used against them helicopters and high-calibre guns and artillery fire. I was inside my apartment in the Zairdermani area; it was on the night of 22 February. I will never forget that night in my life. Gaddafi is a crazy man and the good and peaceful people of Libya don't deserve to have an insane man as a leader. I can't believe how Gaddafi could have been accepted as a partner by the great powers of this world. How could Tony Blair embrace him?... I hope the great people of Libya find their way out of this turmoil very soon." Have Your Say

You are in washington state protesting when obama orders the military to open fire on you with Apache helicopers and Artilery.... you would be fine with that?
edit on 19-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

We are all in this together, so dont bother saying things like "US and UK" should hide, dont think so, if we go down the world goes down with us

No we are not. Those who support the government and its MILITARY AGGRESSION like you, perhaps, but even then... was it all the result of YOUR decision? No. And don't count your vote for a decision... it's worthless crap.

But on the other hand, we will have to face the consequences of your government's decision, since these fascists Sarkozy, Cameron, Clinton/Obama and Berlusconi are very unlikely to personally suffer the consequences of this war, whatever these will be. They'll most likely make a few bucks out of it...

But anyways... Go to war, sheeps! Get all killed for BP and the global bankers! That's what your lives were worth, weren't they?

Sorry to tell you this, but this is how it is, this will be the same untill you die, you might aswell get used to it, otherwise you will live a life of misery.

A "life of misery" is the one being created abroad by the corrupt elite you here defend, through their wars of aggression, waged solely for corporate profits and oil. Aside from that, I totally live happily by not taking part in the illegitimate wars carried by "our" governments. Mass murdering, raping and torturing civilians? No thank you... that's not my way of enjoying life.

Moreover, you seem to have little to contribute here aside than trolling and attacking whoever's is against this war against Libya.

A troll, even if a psy-op, is still a TROLL, and the tradition here for dealing with with trolls is...
edit on 19/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by diamount

This is disgraceful.

USA and England at their world robbery again.

England have sold the weapons to Gadaffi and signed the oil contracts. What a group of 2 faced tyrants.

I am sick to the stomach of these 2 nations actions on other countries.

They are not the world governors and should be held accountable for all the wars and deaths they are creating for the pursuit of oil and NOTHING else.

Excuse me.. but I'm going to call you out on a couple of things.

1. Please stop referring to UK as England.. I don't know why so many people keep doing that
2. What proof do you have that UK supplied the Libyan military? I thought China, Russia and Brazil were their militarily suppliers.
3. This was a joint decision from the UN Security Council, US or UK did not say ''OK- Let's do it'' and everyone followed through.

Yes we all know the UN is corrupt as hell, but all countries in it are.. stop pointing out things you don't know, and since you're Irish it's my understanding it's more blind hate than anything else.

Please deny ignorance and do not embrace it as you're clearly doing.

Britains arms deal with Libya.
The UK has supplied Libya with arms prior to the uprising.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Yes and because of your country stupidity and greediness ....we all should pay?

We lost control of our democracies. So have you. You just havent realized the extent of your screwing yet.

We are all just chess pieces. Our nations are being raped and pillaged just like the Mid East nations. America?, our big resource being stolen is our military. We keep paying with taxes and blood to make these multinationals richer. But "America" isnt benefiting. We are going more and more into debt. The people who are benefiting have no national loyalty.

Ireland? You just got handed a big bag of private debt and you took it. You arent in a more democratic nation than we are. You all screwed yourself when you joined the EU.

Face it. Pointing fingers isnt going to help any of us. We are all being rounded up and fleeced, we only make it easier for them when we fight each other.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Illusionsaregrander because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Nope not really, but we don't show up with guns. Besides that, we have these false hopes called the constitution and the bill of rights, so we are most likely better off. Obviously they wouldn't react like that, at least not yet.

P.S. it's not washington state
edit on 19-3-2011 by unknOWNmirAGE because: p.s.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   
It just strikes me as very strange that the only time 'the international community' gets this upset about "innocent civilians" is when there are economic factors involved.
Rwanda? Darfur? Congo? Uganda? No action.
Anywhere there are oil interests? All systems go.
There's been a civil war per year for the last fifty years somewhere in Africa. The west/UN only gets involved when there are monetary gains to be made, or if public opinion is overwhelming. This is the first instance.

If the same amount of effort and resources were put into humanitarian aid as they are into military projection to protect the wealth of the few, this would be a better world. Alas, war is big business.
110 cruise missiles in the first volley? @ about $1.5 million each (and remember you need to replace them, so - with upgrades - thats a $3 million plus price tag EACH!). $330Million right off the bat. This doesn't include other ordinance and aircraft and support. Big, big money being made.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by GovtFlu

But that sentence of mine it's not just about Ghadaffi. All the leaders that make their people suffer to attain themselves to power are not humans in my opinion.

link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
reply to post by Itop1

Nope not really, but we don't show up with guns. Besides that, we have these false hopes called the constitution and the bill of rights, so we are most likely better off. Obviously they wouldn't react like that, at least not yet.

They didnt show up with guns, if you bothered reading news instead of jumping to conclusions you would know this.... i think most americans would arm themselves also if they were getting shot at, or would they just stand outside with placards saying "Hey mr army man, shoot me in the head"

link   

I am fully aware of this news. I even covered it in my argumnt. Go back and read over it, you'll notice that I adress the issue and provide counter claims as to why this isn't sufficient evidence. Libya had to admit it, even if it wasn't true, to lift sanctions and re-enter the international community thus allowing it to develope economically. Their were internal reformist pressures for Libya to admit wrong doing even if it was not necassarily true. I'm not denying Libyan involvment, I'm just providing you with both sides of the argument and the real facts. Do a google search if you don't believe me.

link   
remenber kent state?
and the vietnam war did turn out to be illegal too
as admitted by the US government...
the gulf of tonkin nevr happened

The Us has killed alot of its own people
just the secret military weappons trest on US citizens alone dwarfs anything gadaffy could ever do

like giving all those black men sypillis....just to see
or all the atom bomb tests with troops in the open air...
or Rumsfelds aproval of aspertame
my god

oh even the epa's lie that ground zero was safe to breath
might as well have lined up those first respomders and shot them
since the gov knew they were signing their death warrants when they lied.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by noordmo
reply to post by JakiusFogg

Legion Etrangere will be there for sure

Most definitely they will be there."legio Patria Nostra." and "Marche ou crève" as they say. ;-)
edit on 19-3-2011 by Epsillion70 because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by unknOWNmirAGE
reply to post by Itop1

Oh sorry, this government website must be wrong then... it says the state of washington..

access.wa.gov...

link   
reply to post by Danbones

remenber kent state? and the vietnam war did turn out to be illegal too as admitted by the US government... the gulf of tonkin nevr happened The Us has killed alot of its own people just the secret military weappons trest on US citizens alone dwarfs anything gadaffy could ever do like giving all those black men sypillis....just to see or all the atom bomb tests with troops in the open air... or Rumsfelds aproval of aspertame my god

I'm gonna lobby the UN for a resolution on America immediately...whos with me?

top topics

<< 22  23  24    26  27  28 >>

join