It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Setoman
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Can anyone be more ignorant? My goodness...
Libya only accounts for 2% of the world's oil!
That is VERY VERY VERY small!

Why would US and the allies want to invade Libya for 2%?

Saudi Arab produce way more oil than them, if this was about oil then we would be there instead of Libya!

Ignorance is bliss..

Libya has a proven oil reserve of 40 billion and experts say it can be as high as 100 billion. That is a substantial amount of oil for a international "pariah" to posess without the ability fo western powers and international bankers and C.E.O's to profit to the maximum amount possible. Saudi Arabia is a partner and an ally, it would be much harder to justify invading Sudia Arabia then it would be Libya. The oil argument is a fair one in my eyes.

As for Libya only having 2% of the worlds oil, that is wrong. It exports 2% of the worlds oil, 12% of which went to the United States. Oil exports and Oil reserves are two seperate things which often have no correlation between eachother, especially in the case of Libya which prior to the uprissing still hadn't seen all sanctions put in place on it lifted.
edit on 19-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Just joined, quick Q, is ATS full of conspiracy theorists or is there actual intelligent chat?

I ask as some of you remind me of people who argue that the moon landings didn't happen one day, then the next day argue that armstrong saw UFO's on the moon and radio hams heard it!

Gadaffi is a madman who's had way too many chances, his time is up, it just happens to be now, you can't threaten genocide on your own citizens and expect people to sit idly by. I for one am for this action and hope it is over swiftly to save loss of lives

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by sliceNodice

Hahahaha..... Josh?

On topic: I wonder how long before oil shoots up as a result of all this

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

ww3

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Illuminati_2012

Wombat war 3???

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illuminati_2012

ww3

Nonsence, so such thing whatsoever

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by AethiestBeliever

AB: It's a mix of both, and you will get moon landing discussions too!!

Just just have to filter out what is a bit too crazy for you. Bit you will be surprised by what you will see here.

Welcome, and be careful which animals you feed!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
2324: Libya's foreign ministry says it considers no longer valid UN Security Council resolution 1973, which called for a no-fly zone over Libya and demanded a ceasefire, the AFP news agency reports.

LoL, no chance gaddafi, your only way out is in a bodybag

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

Exactly because everyone knows that WW3 and WW4 already happened (I ain't making this up)

So surely it's now gonna be WW5!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is disgraceful.

USA and England at their world robbery again.

England have sold the weapons to Gadaffi and signed the oil contracts. What a group of 2 faced tyrants.

I am sick to the stomach of these 2 nations actions on other countries.

They are not the world governors and should be held accountable for all the wars and deaths they are creating for the pursuit of oil and NOTHING else.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Irish Matador
This is disgraceful.

England have sold the weapons to Gadaffi and signed the oil contracts. What a group of 2 faced tyrants.

They are not the world governors and should be held accountable for all the wars and deaths they are creating for the pursuit of oil and NOTHING else.

What about all the other countrys involved..?? UAE, Denmark, Netherlands, France, Qatar, Jordan, Canada.... they are good?[

To me that sounds like a personal attack, maybe you dont like Britain or the US, you seem to forget this was a UN agreement, not US or UK alone
edit on 19-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Irish Matador

I agree with you, however France was the one gunning for this, and the first to strike.

So lets blame them, and give us a break for a change eh??

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Itop1

Originally posted by Irish Matador
This is disgraceful.

What about all the other countrys involved..?? UAE, Denmark, Netherlands, France, Qatar, Jordan, Canada.... they are good?[

To me that sounds like a personal attack, maybe you dont like Britain or the US, you seem to forget this was a UN agreement, not US or UK alone
edit on 19-3-2011 by Itop1 because: (no reason given)

Modern Day Fascist allies

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant

Libya has a proven oil reserve of 40 billion and experts say it can be as high as 100 billion. That is a substantial amount of oil for a international "pariah" to posess without the ability fo western powers and international bankers and C.E.O's to profit to the maximum amount possible. Saudi Arabia is a partner and an ally, it would be much harder to justify invading Sudia Arabia then it would be Libya. The oil argument is a fair one in my eyes.

As for Libya only having 2% of the worlds oil, that is wrong. It exports 2% of the worlds oil, 12% of which went to the United States. Oil exports and Oil reserves are two seperate things which often have no correlation between eachother, especially in the case of Libya which prior to the uprissing still hadn't seen all sanctions put in place on it lifted.
edit on 19-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

According to this article:

www.indymedia.org.uk...

Only 7% is exported to the US!

Anyway, my point is expressed exclusively by a person in another forum. But I will quote him here!

Originally posted by RidonKs
i don't think you guys are really grasping a very important distinction between Libya and some of your examples of "more oppressed nations we should be liberating". that distinction is squarely that the Libyan people are actively trying to liberate themselves. it isn't any other nation's job to march into Saudi Arabia or North Korea because the government has imposed strict and yes, oppressive, policies on its population. it may seem like an arbitrary line to draw, but in fact, it isn't.

there aren't outcries and revolts and internal regime change attempts in those places, at the very least not to the extent of Libya and others. Kim Jong-Il isn't sending turret toting pickup trucks into city squares and firing freely at peaceful citizens. he's having political prisoners rounded up, certainly, but the internal movement isn't anywhere near strong enough to warrant international military aid. nor is it in Zibabwe, though there have been times in the recent past where things have gotten very testy, and with the recent discoveries of gold there, trouble could be brewing in a very nasty way. al-Bashir just gave the okay for Southern independence within the last few months, a region that happens to hold the majority of Sudanese oil reserves. etc, etc, etc.

in Libya, as a result of other resorts throughout North Africa, the population rose up in vast vast numbers and were met with violent destruction by an army controlled by a maniacal psychopath with blood on his hands and no regard for human life and a horribly skewed understanding of the world.

those are the facts, and no, they aren't media propaganda. these are real differences in real situations in the real world. it isn't just; oh, you helped those guys, why not help these guys? for f*cks sakes, the world is a complicated place. that argument is silly anyway. i said it earlier today and i'll say it again: not being able to help everybody all the time isn't an excuse not to help somebody some of the time. if i buy a sandwich for a starving child at a train station in Moscow, am i morally obliged to do the same for every starving child at every train station in Russia, just because i've still got a few hundred Canadian dollars in my wallet? of course not.

don't you see how silly that argument is? and of course, oil plays a role. nobody is claiming an assault on Ghadafi is totally disinterested. Europe's got a huge oil stake, and by way of copious trade, so does the rest of the industrialized (and even some of the underdeveloped) world. that doesn't make a proposed intervention morally unsound. besides, there are plenty of arguments against intervening.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Setoman because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

I can predict that these filthy, corrupt NATO aggressors will have a backlash so bad they'll withdraw for "vacations". Their sky-high self-esteem will be their central flaw... the other being the absence of a moral order among the troops (that they had in the two wars in Iraq and in Afghanistan for while).

You simply just don't start a war "out of nowhere", without favorable conditions. This is insanity.
edit on 19/3/11 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Just told on the news that the plane shot down wasn't french, it was the rebels. If that is what you are talking about.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

I can predict that these filthy, corrupt NATO aggressors will have a backlash so bad they'll withdraw to their underground bases in shame. Their sky-high self-esteem will be their central flaw... the other being the absence of a moral order among the troops (that they had in the two wars in Iraq and in Afghanistan for while).

You simply just don't start a war "out of nowhere", without favorable conditions. This is insanity.

Your from canada, so where do you plan hiding?

link   
Sky News saying that Regime change is not the stated aim, but it will be difficult for it not to be.

Lets not lose sight of this as the official story is now being formulated

Posted here area, but there again for newcomers

Paragraph 1 states the aim CLEARLY

EU Press Release

Not regime change???? yeah right. whether this is good or bad. I think it's a dichotomy

link   
well speaking for Canada our pm is a zionist bitch who has publically put Israel ahead of the country he has been elected to serve.
he does NOT speak for the peeps here.
and niether do the warmongering haters who can't see the gun they are pointing points both ways....

fortunately, due to the dearth of ammunition the world that situation won't last long now
that won't last long

so Irish m
IMHO you are correct

maybe if Gadaffy had bombed Bush's daughters...there would be a beef
ooops my bad....

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

link   
Here's me thinking we are in the middle of one of the worst economic recessions ever, where our government is making cuts across the board. They can't even spare a few million to create new jobs, but miraculously there's billions available for waging war and who do you think is going to pay for it? Us mugs, that's who.
There's also the fact that this isn't even our fight and since when do the UK and US Governments give a damn about the Libyan people. The CIA is probably already lining up the next incoming leader. Nothing changes, this is all about controlling the oil, gas, water, and food and holding the world to ransom. These elitest parasites get richer, while the rest of us get poorer and screwed over & over again. Revolution, don't make me laugh. Nothing will ever change.

P.S So when can we expect the no fly zone over Saudi & Bahrain?

The Libya Question is Only About Libya
www.tnr.com...
bellaciao.org...

Future wars will be fought over water. (Libya's Man Made River).
www.galenfrysinger.com...
www.nasa.gov...
www.economist.com...

edit on 19-3-2011 by kindred because: adding relevant links

new topics

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join