It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Allied Forces Begin Military Action Against Libya - Live Updates

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Might be worth keeping a eye on satellite images coming out from Nevada. Just incase the US decide to dispatch any of their 'black project' aircraft. I expect if any 'theatre' was perfect for new weapons testing/calibrating it would be this one.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by RUDDD

U.S. says five-nation coalition launching Libya strikes

(Reuters) - A coalition of the United States and four other nations launched military action against Libya on Saturday, officials said, as the West tries to force Muammar Gaddafi from power.

So it starts its Iraq all over again really i think Obama needs to go.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Confirmed?

RAF Marham Tornado jets are on their way to join military action in Libya

The Marham jets’ arsenal includes the air-launched anti-radiation missile (ALARM), which homes in on enemy radar systems.

Defence sources tonight said the UK’s contribution was likely to involve around a dozen Tornado jets and a similar number of Typhoons.

The Typhoon is the newest aircraft in the RAF’s fast jet fleet, whose air-to-air missile systems could bring down any Libyan aircraft which defy the no-fly zone.

Tornados and Typhoons will be backed up by VC10 air-to-air tankers and E-3D surveillance aircraft.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
reply to post by makeitso

I have seen demonstrations of what the Typhoon can do - I would not like to be on the receiving end of those aircraft

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   
?? BREAKING :: Libyan TV Says French Plane Shot Down...

No idea on anymore about this but could be breaking, More as follows

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
More on breaking news story

AFP: French warplane shot down in the Njela district of Tripoli

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Lets hope we don;t have a parading of pilots in front of the TV again

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

I have doubts that a French Plane was shot down, we must find a way to confirm

link   
Libyan Press Conference:

Mr Mohammed Misray

I am very sorry and saddened that tonight our country is facing a barbaric and armed attack

Some western countries are leading a rocket attack

on several location on Tripoli and Mizrata

an attack that has caused real harm against civilians and buildings

this barbaric aggression against Libya

coming while we have announced at cease fire against militias which are part of Al Qeida

and the attacks come as Libya has announced reform for economic context

the claim that this aggression is for the protection of civilians

is contradicted by what has really happened on the ground tonight

the number of civilians hurt by this agression

the number is in our hospitals

and ambulances are doing their best to save as many lives of as many civilians as possible

this aggression is barbaric and that has no excuse

especially as Libya has accepted resolution of UN

and announced a cease fire

and stopped military operations against militia

further more Libya has requested international observers on ground to prove cessation of operations

and in a stage of send fact finding missions to Libya, the UN have elected for aggression against Libya

This aggression will not weaken our spirit and will not convince Libyans to give up to militia and Al Qeida

And what you have seen of the people gathering to declare their allegiance to the leader is proof that Libya will not be defeated

Ends

edit on 19/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/2011 by JakiusFogg because: Spelling

link   
reply to post by asala

No. That was a plain from the rebels, wrongly they sayd earlier it was a plane of the Libyan Military. So it is true that the military did no longer attack today, but the rebels did. So the whole attack is just wrong.

go here now!

english.aljazeera.net...
edit on 19-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JakiusFogg

an attack that cause realharm against civs and bvuildings

Its just like the Serbia bombing of 1999 all over again,NATO are bunch modern day NAZIS

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I totally agree. Even in their trumped up reports of the horror Gaddafi was allegedly perpetrating on his people I personally noticed a substantial lack of evidence of Gaddafi conducting air strikes on his people.

This is totally a trumped up war because the earthquake in Japan derailed their fake media orchestrated "coup."

Im not sure what they need regime change in these countries for, how this is serving their purpose, but I have no doubt at all that this is something they have been planning for a while.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Warplane shot down in Libyan rebel town of Benghazi belonged to rebels, rebels admit

LIBYAN rebels acknowledged that a warplane which crashed in flames in their Benghazi stronghold early yesterday belonged to them and that it was shot down by Muammar Gaddafi's forces. "Yes, it was one of the insurgents' planes. It was downed by Gaddafi's forces," a senior rebel official told AFP, reached by telephone.

"From what I hear the pilot is dead but I cannot confirm that," he said, adding that the plane was a French-built Mirage fighter.

"We have a few planes but they are old planes," he added.

edit on 3/19/11 by makeitso because: (no reason given)

link   
Kinda hard to believe Obama when he says "no troops", "only a couple days", etc. Those promises will probably go in the same bin as closing down Gitmo, pulling completely out of Iraq, etc. He'll say he is just taking into consideration the input of those on the ground when he breaks them.

link   

Originally posted by KonigKaos
reply to post by asala

I have doubts that a French Plane was shot down, we must find a way to confirm

BREAKING -- French Ministry of Defence denies Libyan State TV reports that a plane was hit

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
***ATTENTION***

The staff have noticed that there has been an increase in posts, specifically updates about the events in Libya that are going un-sourced.

It is not ok to copy/paste from breaking news, twitter or any other source without providing a link to that source.

Please review the following links:

Mod Edit: No Quote/Plagiarism – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: External Source Tags Instructions – Please Review This Link.
Mod Note: Terms & Conditions of Use – Please Review This Link.

Moving forward any posts that are proven to come from an outside source and do not have have the appropriate links and external tags will be immediately removed.

Thank You.

~Keeper
ATS Moderator

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
French Military has SAM-Lock warnings. not to mention strafe and flare capabilities, I doubt they'd have shot it down also under the cover of night.
If anything there using the psy-op tactic from earlier to make the forces seem resiliant than what they are. The French AF is much difference than a Mig casually cruising the skies,

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Sorry, was wrong about the plane.
edit on 19-3-2011 by cushycrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by cushycrux

You are talking about a totally different plane

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Libyan Peoples Congress at 20:49GMT UK time; States that there very saddend that libya is facing attack and they continue to state they had stopped there military operations against the post forces. They state that the Armed force is barbaric and there is no excuse for it and Libyan people wiull not be defeated.

20:59GMT There have been claims that a french fighter plane has been shot down in Tripoli.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join