It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak Obama: The Strongest President In History

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
This has got to be a "Shill-Post" just to get more people to reply, Or it should be called ""Help, The Inmates Are Running The ASYLUM" And by the way, Barack Hussein has ordered us to bomb Libya, so now we'll have 3 (count the 3) wars, and more dead Americans, thanks to this fabricated (p)resident,, and for his "fans" go back for another bong hit.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NoJoker13
reply to post by Oldnslo

Richard Nixon Really? He may have eaten him for lunch but that's only because he was war-crazed and well... crazy. I mean come on people if we're talking bad presidents Nixon is at the top of that list. I applaud Obama for what he has done in sticking to the plan he's had and also like the OP said pissing off both sides by doing so. You want this country to get up a leg, abolish the party system all together and have these people run as Americans.

Actually Woodrow Wilson was the worst President we've ever had. You probably think he was our best!!

Richard Nixon was created by Prescott Bush, Senator from Connecticut, and full partner in the firm, Brown Brothers Harriman. With Nixon, Prescott had a live one but no vehicle. So he talked his pal and golfing buddy, Dwight Eisenhower into running for President so Press could put his boy in the White House. Eisenhower won and the Bush's were in the White House.

Brown Brothers Harriman managed the sugar plantations accounts in Cuba and I believe they were handled by Prescott, and with his man Nixon in charge at the White House after Eisenhower's heart attack, the plans for Operation Zapata were developed and ready to implement to "take back" Cuba from Castro.

The only problem with their plan was the election of JFK, and when he did not follow through on Operation Zapata, among other things, JFK was removed from the picture and within 5 years, the Bush boy, Richard Milhaus Nixon was elected President and the Bush's were again back in the White House.

Since 1952, except for years of the Carter/Bzezinski Administration and possibly the Clinton's, a member of the Bush family has had direct access to the Office of the President. Nixon was a tool of the Bush family and when he considered changes in the Oil Depletion Allowance, another person under control of the Bush's horizontally taped a door lock open at the Watergate Complex, thereby ending the political career of Richard Nixon.

Mr. Obama should have stuck to organizing, he is in no way, shape, or form, the type of person to stand up to the men behind the curtain. With Zig as his mentor, he will suffer the same fate as Jimmy Carter. And the same legacy, if he's lucky.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

wow, the guy hasnt even served his full term, hasn't done a 1/3 of what he ran on, and you guys are calling him the strongest president ever...

who's brainwashed?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Strongest? I bet his ass couldn't do 20 push ups all those damn cigarettes he puffs down.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

Especially the interuptus of Wal-Mart

I love it. wal-martus interuptus

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by berilium
the problem with your logic is that you believe democracy is the way to run the world ... it's not

if we want to solve the worlds problems we need to change the way people think

obama is just another stooge perpetuating the same failed doctrines of the last 2000 years of tyrannical oligarchy

Hitler was known for claiming the same thing about democracy

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I think calling Obama the strongest president in history is a bit of an over statement... I suppose it depends on what context your talking about.

As commander in chief?
Nope I'm afraid George Washington, Andrew Jackson, Teddy Roosevelt have him beat there even James Madison who was not just the author of the constitution but the last president to lead troops into battle (while actually holding office).

Bi Partisanship?
Heh fat chance. Ronald Reagan, FDR, even Andrew Johnson did a better job. You know trying to keep a post civil war union together (trying to please both sides) is a heck of a harder job to do, especially considering someone just shot your predecessor.

Economic programs, Environmental awareness, social issues?
Economy = fail. Guess what guys? We're probably going to be spending even more on defense because of Libya which is going rack up the deficit even more (along with health care and tax cuts). Not to mention fighting a war on three fronts (most likely).
Environment? Not really any change here Teddy Roosevelt did much more since you know he established the national park conservation. Even Grant did more since he set Yellowstone aside as the first national park. No improvement in our energy solutions either even though you know a small portion of the Sahara (or perhaps the mojave if you like) could power the entire world via solar power.
Health care? Yeah it's good he took care of the companies not insuring those with problems but didn't dress the real issue rising prices. Education? Nothing of significance.

Obama is nothing compared to presidents in the past and I dare say even G.W. Bush had more balls since he invaded a country without much support from the international community. Even though you know I'm not a real big fan of him.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldnslo

Actually Woodrow Wilson was the worst President we've ever had.

Don't know about that. I'm gonna have to go with James Madison. The guy that supported Napoleon and attempted to invade Canada, getting his butt kicked in the process.
Although on a more positive note (for Americans) you guys got a kick ass statue out of it.

My mother is American (I'm Canadian) and when she got real pissed at me as a child she would call me a "Little Benedict Arnold" to which I would reply "Thanks mom, he was a hero" lol that never went over very well. Yes, I know that this relates to the American Revolutionary War, not 1812. I just think it's a funny story I thought I would share.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Chindogu because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

This doesn't sound strong to me. This sounds suborn.

No president wants to go to war, with Bush as an exception cause he was retarded.

Nay, Obama is simply the most stubborn president ever. That's not good or bad. That's just stuck in his ways.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
If he's so good, marry him.

For me he's just another puppet.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Just because Hitler said it doesn't mean its wrong.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DrChuck

OP - Bless your heart
Your view on OZama is right out of the Wizard of OZ -- Click your heels and you will be with him.

The Weakest, Dumbest, Most arrogant, Self absorbed, Narcissistic, Lazy,, ok i'll stop

The "Strongest Vacationer"

But I respect your opinion

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Just look at what Barak has done within his term that no one else could have done....nothing. He still hasn't done anything with the Fed and bank great cons, he still hasn't done anything special in Iraq or Afghanistan, he passed the law which eliminates the cap on how much corporations could contribute to a president's election, the $700bn blank cheque that went to Wall St. when they threatened with a recession, btw, most of that money is unaccounted for and giving money to companies that SHOULD have failed.

The problem with presidents now is that they know this isn't only about what you say but about the body language as well. Many senators and presidents have coaches telling them what they can do, how to look confident, and how to sell things to the public.

Barak hasn't contributed anything special to make him the strongest president in history.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   

When did ATS add a forum for jokes?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Target Earth
OP your List is a Joke, Obama is a joke, stop guzzling the Kool-aid, and just admit the fact you voted.. in someone who is weak and unqualified..... their is no dishonor, in being fooled once...all you Obama people, can you please just give it up...It's been years now and he still sucks...

I am disappointed that we have sunk to bombing Libya. But I still wouldn't say he "sucks" -

I actually believe that they are all figureheads and didn't have high hopes at all for him, and have been pleasantly surprised that he is so much easier to respect than George - who I basically had to ignore in order to avoid and ulcer.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by croweboy

When did ATS add a forum for jokes?

When the other Thread called Barak Obama: The Weakest President In History was on the homepage yesterday.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Judging a president is subjective and has to do with an individual's values. But more importantly, judging a president only maters in a democracy. The U.S. is in the middle of a tug of war between democracy and plutocracy. And plutocracy has been winning since the mid 70s. It really doesn't mater how we judge the President anymore. What maters is how the corporations judge the President.

That being said, even a plutocracy is based on the values of the people. Corporations can not exist with out the support of the people. So everything really comes down to values. What do we value? Why do we value it? And are those values based on TRUTH?

In a democratic society, I think the best judge of a President is HONESTY! A democracy can only thrive if ALL of the people are HONESTLY INFORMED, which we clearly are not.

ALL Presidents, in recent memory, believe in suppressing or hiding the truth as opposed to sharing information. This doesn't reflect a democratic society. This reflects a plutocratic society. The government suppresses information to keep the citizens under control and the corporations suppress information to keep the workers under control.

Well, that philosophy is fine, but don't teach me in school that we value democracy and equality. And if you don't believe in democracy, don't tell me you believe in equality. Be honest...But of course, honesty can not exist in a plutocracy. Plutocracy is dependent on the ignorance of the people.

So personally, because I value honesty, truth, equality and democracy, ALL the Presidents in recent memory, including Obama, get a big fat FAIL in my book!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i personally cant stand the guy...there hasnt been a decent politician in ANY country for more than 60 years.

and they are only getting worse.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Equinox99

Just look at what Barak has done within his term that no one else could have done....nothing. He still hasn't done anything with the Fed and bank great cons, he still hasn't done anything special in Iraq or Afghanistan, he passed the law which eliminates the cap on how much corporations could contribute to a president's election, the $700bn blank cheque that went to Wall St. when they threatened with a recession, btw, most of that money is unaccounted for and giving money to companies that SHOULD have failed.

The problem with presidents now is that they know this isn't only about what you say but about the body language as well. Many senators and presidents have coaches telling them what they can do, how to look confident, and how to sell things to the public.

Barak hasn't contributed anything special to make him the strongest president in history.

We don't know that about "what no one else could have done... nothing." A lot worse could have happened and he has had to face extreme situations with a ridiculously shortsighted "right" road block at every term.

We don't know how close the US is to collapse during any presidency - but we do know that right now we have 2+ wars, a housing collapse, health care / Social Security disasters, banking choke grip, environmental extremes, energy disasters, education and infrastructure nightmares, drugs and homelessness growing, and currency juggling... And he is handling everything in so much that so far we haven't collapsed when other countries are now... Greece, Iceland, Ireland, Spain, Portugal...

I think it is wrong to suggest that this office is doing nothing. I don't agree with everything they are doing but I can see they are navigating very rough waters. And the Republicans can only think about grabbing their own lifeboats and are being particularly useless.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Silicis n Volvo
i personally cant stand the guy...there hasnt been a decent politician in ANY country for more than 60 years.

and they are only getting worse.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Silicis n Volvo because: (no reason given)

I don't know him, but I am inclined to nod at your following statements.

Maybe going back even farther than 60 years.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join