It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Barak Obama: The Strongest President In History

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by bigrex
I thought everyone knew JFK was killed because he was going to end our dependence on the Federal Reserve.

Ok - - make that theory #3

I think its a bit unrealistic to state factually and unequivocally why JFK was shot.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by trusername

your kidding me right.....hes a loser......watch da USA fall....hes got no balls....bush done better....obamas is a lame duck.............................

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by trusername

1) Doesn't feel the need to go into a new war - even when he can.

2) Took on huge challenges coming into office and has remained calm nose to the grindstone "No Drama Obama" ever since. No Shock Doctrines - just handling one problem at a time and using diplomacy.

3) Knows that $ runs the world (or at least learned fast) and isn't afraid to piss off both parties while looking at the world stage with other leaders and growing the markets 50%

4) Releases real # (or at least more realistic than Bush or Reagan) on unemployment with regards to semi employed and those who've given up

5) Pushes a health plan (in the face of criticism) knowing it's flawed but a start in a country that has talked about it but done nothing for way too long.

6) Sees the Natural Gas vs. Nuclear Power power struggle playing out during Japan and doesn't cave to the petroleum leaders without providing balance to both

7) Sees the Yen / Dollar / Euro power struggle and doesn't pull a Bush crash and grab

8) Realizes that the US looks ridiculous on the world stage grandstanding with our economy - so approaches large scale growing mid east revolutions and Acts of God with calm, compassion, humility, diplomacy, realism and intelligence.

I'm not saying he's not a figurehead. I'm sure that what we see is a team effort.

I'm not saying he's perfect. But so far the US is still here and in October 2008 I honestly was not so sure we'd make it this far this well. We don't know, when things are bad, if they could have been much worse. It's not impossible. When you look at Egypt, Lybia, even Japan, you have to just LOVE the US.

If there is anyone on ATS that thinks they could do a better job...

Run for office.

1) Bombing a country and instituting a no-fly zone over their nation (meaning shooting down any noncompliant aircraft and bombing radar stations) is an act of war. You can't just have a little bit of war and call it something else.

2) He voted on the bailouts before he was president; none of the response to the recession was his idea. Plus, we're still in the thick of it. He continued the wars and even used Bush's tactic of telling us the war is over to quell any curiosity about it. Healthcare was his own initiative, there was no overwhelming national outcry for government intervention. Which challenges did he face and deal with again? There are still plenty of folks without health insurance, myself included.

3) Growing the markets 50%, eh? That's a pretty broad statement. Which markets? Where's the evidence? What are the numbers? The sum total of ALL markets has increased by exactly 50% since Obama took office? How can we be certain that ANY growth whatsoever can be attributed to Obama's actions? Wouldn't any growth just be progress back toward where we were before the Great Recession? Also, he is conspiring with global power players to manipulate markets and economies, not "going rogue" against both parties to do the right thing.

4) You have not one shred of evidence to support your claim that Obama's unemployment numbers are any more or less "real" than any other president!

5) He put forth a health plan so crippled by compromise and tailored to the health insurance companies' demands that it will not only become a bloated, ineffective waste of money and resources, but will NOT lead to every last American receiving health care coverage. Small portions of the populace have been slightly vocal about overhauling our healthcare system, and they haven't even been talking about it for that long, but it needs to be done and he did get it started. I'm willing to meet you halfway and say that he put forth a meager attempt at solving a real problem which demands solutions, and failed miserably.

6) We find ourselves at a crucial junction point between old reliance on dirty, nonrenewable energy sources and new ways to power our society while lessening our impact on the earth and 3rd world cultures. Point to one shred of evidence of Obama taking a strong stand on one side or the other of the alternative energy debate. I don't see him spearheading the movement by any means.

7) So what exactly is he doing about it? You seem to think that doing anything aside from "what Bush did" means that you are a strong leader. What has Obama done to strengthen the dollar against any foreign currencies? He's been virtually SILENT on the issue of currency war.

8) For a couple weeks. Until the UN told him to start launching Tomahawks. You can't really use the Mideast Revolutions and the Japanese Disaster as evidence; they're ongoing events. History will tell us how Obama handled these situations, not minute-to-minute updates from CNN.

All in all, you put forth an incredibly weak argument for the strength of Obama's presidency. No evidence, wild emotionally charged claims and blind faith don't really support your point. Look, I voted for the guy, so I'm not trying to say that he's the all-time worst. I feel that he's worlds better than Bush, but I also feel like the fact that their administrations are back to back, it tends to make Obama look a little better. He still hasn't closed Gitmo, and probably won't, he has done nothing to stop the Wars aside from change Iraq to a "non-combat" mission which still has our troops shooting guns at people NOT wearing Iraqi army uniforms, he actually INCREASED the troop levels in Afghanistan and started bombing Pakistan, he refuses to investigate ANYONE from the Bush admin about 9-11, he caters, kowtows, bends to industry and takes vacations with bigger tabs than the Bushes. He's one of them. He's an insider and he will never really be working for "we the people."

Oh, and I'd love to run for office, but i'm not a christian, i smoke pot, i dropped out of college and i've had a child out of wedlock. I really don't think that I'd be able to win in a race for mayor, let alone president!
edit on 20-3-2011 by RicoMarston because: sarcasm

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

i like that you acknowledge the fact that Bush and Obama were placed in office by the same shadowy group of evil men, yet still cling to the characters these men play on television. You were meant to feel the way you feel about Bush. TPTB begin a new stage of their covert operations, with new, more elaborate and more public plans and ploys than ever before. In order to usher in this bold new era, they give us a man to hate. We equate all of their dastardly new tricks with Bush and hate him for 9-11, the wars, the Patriot Act, etc. Therefore, when Obama comes along and gives us his slick, well-spoken world savior act, we begin to equate him naturally with things opposite of what happened under bush (even his skin color is opposite!). So while we are enamored with Obama and thinking that things are looking up, the same bull crap is perpetrated in our name and the NWO-MIC machine keeps on grinding bodies into neat little piles of money. It's the old bait, and switch. Nothing changes save the rhetoric and who's spewing it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
so this is what liberals do on the weekend.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescentI have two of his books, "Dreams of my Father' and "The Audacity of Hope". He is a very intelligent and well written man.

I wouldn’t get too congratulatory on Obama’s prose ability until we are sure he actually wrote the book.

There is a lot of doubt that he wrote the book at all and that in fact Bill Ayers is the writer.

Comparative analysis between his so-so writing’s before and after the book indicate that he either had some kind of euphoric epiphany that led him to just write that one book well because his style is so different in what he wrote before and after or that someone wrote it for him...

Evidence Mounts: Ayers Co-Wrote Obama's Dreams

Evidence continues to mount that Barack Obama had substantial help from Bill Ayers in the creation of his 1995 book, Dreams From My Father, a book that Time Magazine has called "the best-written memoir ever produced by an American politician." The evidence falls into five general categories, here summarized.

• The discovery of new matching nautical metaphors from both Ayers and Obama that almost assuredly came from the same source: Ayers, a former merchant seaman.

• The discovery of a Bill Ayers' essay on memoir writing, whose postmodern themes and phrases are echoed throughout Dreams.

• A newly discovered book chapter from 1990 that shows clearly and painfully the limits of Obama's prose style the year he received a contract to write Dreams.

• The revelation by radical Islamicist Rashid Khalidi that Ayers made his "dining room table" available for neighborhood writers who needed help.

• A refined timeline that shows Ayers had the means, the motive and the time to help Obama when he needed it most.

Who wrote 'Dreams From My Father'?

The team working on this project includes university professors who have distinguished themselves in the statistical analysis of authorship, systems engineers, writers and Ph.D. literary analysts.

Jack Cashill, who initiated the project, has a Ph.D. in American studies, is a professional writer, writing teacher and author of many books, among them "Hoodwinked," a study of literary and intellectual fraud. What follows is a quick summary of eight distinct lines of inquiry:

1. A literary history of Obama and Ayers
2. A stylistic analysis
3. An assessment of the several stories that appear in the work of both Obama and Ayers
4. An analysis of their stunningly parallel metaphors
5. A review of their shared postmodern themes
6. An evaluation of Dreams' odd 1960s consciousness
7. An assessment of the revealing 2004 preface and 1995 introduction
8. A data-driven stylometric analysis

As shall be seen, the existing evidence severely tests Obama's claim of a superficial relationship with the self-declared "communist" Ayers. This appears to be a conscious and consequential deception.

This for me does it - having a lot of experiance in the Military editing the documents and orders/awards of my subordinates it is always clear who wrote something by the style and choices they make. People are usually consitent with them and it was always easy for me to tell which officer wrote the reports and who edited/reviewed them by the type of grammar or catch phrases used.

Stylistic analysis

The stylistic similarities between the best sections of Obama's "Dreams" and Ayers' 2001 memoir, "Fugitive Days," should be apparent to any serious writer or editor.

Consider the two following "nature" passages in Obama's and Ayers' respective memoirs, the first from "Fugitive Days":
"I picture the street coming alive, awakening from the fury of winter, stirred from the chilly spring night by cold glimmers of sunlight angling through the city."

The second from "Dreams":

"Night now fell in midafternoon, especially when the snowstorms rolled in, boundless prairie storms that set the sky close to the ground, the city lights reflected against the clouds."

These two sentences are alike in more than their poetic sense, their length and their gracefully layered structure. They tabulate nearly identically on the Flesch Reading Ease Score (FRES), something of a standard in the field.

The "Fugitive Days" excerpt scores a 54 on reading ease and a 12th-grade reading level. The "Dreams'" excerpt scores a 54.8 on reading ease and a 12th-grade reading level. Scores can range from 0 to 121, so hitting a nearly exact score matters.

Another significant variable is sentence length. In comparing 30-sentence sequences from "Dreams" and "Fugitive Days," each of which relates the author's entry into the world of "community organizing," "Fugitive Days" averaged 23.13 words a sentence.

"Dreams" averaged 23.36 words a sentence. By way of control, sentences in the memoir section of Cashill's book "Sucker Punch" average 15 words in length and scored considerably higher on the Flesch test.

In a random test of verb repetition, of the first 60 distinctive verbs in "Fugitive Days," an incredible 55 appear in "Dreams" and only 37 in "Sucker Punch" despite the fact that Ayers is closer in age and education to Cashill than to Obama.

This preliminary assessment, as shall be seen, has been confirmed in every one of the stylometric analyses that has been executed.

Ayers at least had a lot of infulance over the peice which is scary since he's like a known terrorist and all...

edit on 20/3/2011 by Golf66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Is this post for real?

My wife and both voted for this buffoon. And neither of us would vote for him again. I'm a "moderate" and she's a "liberal".

Obama is in love with being President, but he's not real big on BEING President.

He and Michelle are big fans of the perks, not so much on the responsibility.

I'm still glad I didn't vote for McCain, but damn, this has been a huge failure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:40 AM
link   
When he bowed down to those leaders, it made me sick to my stomach, then he goes and gives the queen of England an i pod, man how embarrassing, what a dope.

BARACK OBAMA: THE WEAKEST PRESIDENT IN HISTORY?

Friday March 18,2011 By Anna Pukas Comment Speech Bubble Have your say(173) INEFFECTUAL, invisible, unable to honour pledges and now blamed for letting Gaddafi off the hook. Why Obama’s gone from ‘Yes we can’ to ‘Er, maybe we shouldn’t’... Let us cast our minds back to those remarkable days in November 2008 when the son of a Kenyan goatherd was elected to the White House. It was a bright new dawn – even brighter than the coming of the Kennedys and their new Camelot. JFK may be considered as being from an ethnic and religious minority – Irish and Catholic – but he was still very rich and very white. Barack Obama, by contrast, was a true breakthrough president. The world would change because obviously America had changed. Obama’s campaign slogan was mesmerisingly simple and brimming with self-belief: “Yes we can.” His presidency, however, is turning out to be more about “no we won’t.” Even more worryingly, it seems to be very much about: “Maybe we can… do what, exactly?“ The world feels like a dangerous place when leaders are seen to lack certitude but the only thing President Obama seems decisive about is his indecision. What should the US do about Libya? What should the US do about the Middle East in general? What about the country’s crippling debts? What is the US going to do about Afghanistan, about Iran? What is President Obama doing about anything? The most alarming answer – your guess is as good as mine – is also, frankly, the most accurate one. What the President is not doing is being clear, resolute and pro-active, which is surely a big part of his job description. This is what he has to say about the popular uprising in Libya: “Gaddafi must go.” At least, that was his position on March 3. Since then, other countries – most notably Britain and France – have been calling for some kind of intervention. Even the Arab League, a notoriously conservative organisation, has declared support for sanctions. But from the White House has come only the blah-blah of bland statements filled with meaningless expressions SEARCH for: and vague phrases. Of decisive action and leadership – even of clearlydefined opinion – there is precious little sign Read more: www.express.co.uk...< br />
www.express.co.uk...

edit on 21-3-2011 by hawaii50th because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Evanzsayz
reply to post by TechVampyre

You mean the guy that almost got impeached...yeah ok that makes sense

So the guy had a affair...so what? Does not change the fact he was a good damn president..

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

You still need to watch dumb A**, we sit around and watch your biased viewpoints all day long when we watch the news. SO YES WATCH IT, Scared of a little truth here and there. Watch it then research it, I'm not saying it's all true but from what Ive researched almost 96% is! WOW, you can't watch something cause it might flip your biased tunnel vision viewpoint ontop of itself. Tipical blindfolded american idiot!
Watch the Damn film, it is meant to raise discussion and bring up questins!

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by RicoMarston

And you very well may be right.

Second line.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

What do u mean so what...he was the president leader of our country im sure kids looked up to him, then he has an affair and LIED about it and almost got impeached so no there is no so what or they wouldnt of tried to impeach him

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Phenomium

There is a power so organized, so subtle, so complete, and so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - Woodrow Wilson
Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men. - Woodrow Wilson

IMO: JFK went up against TPTB and that cost him his life.

The people who are really running the show, the ones that are truly at the top of the pyramid play for keeps and possibly, was murdered exactly because he was going to start in on the Federal Reserve.

The Banksters are the BIG BOYS and if a President doesn't follow their agenda, they end up dead or worse.

What could be worse. Some theories say that there is a alien presence and "they" have the technology to place walk ins.

Yep sounds absolutely nutso, but I'm 58 and a lot of things people thought would be impossible 48 years ago are realities today.

We as humans have several disadvantages, we are spiritual / multi dimensional beings trapped in 3d bodies.

As humans our senses are so so - heck a dog can smell a million times better than us, bats have sonar naturally and some animals have nocturnal vision as well as many animals can feel and are guided by the magnetic pull of the earth's grid system (birds migrating).

Some animals can tell when earthquakes are about to hit.

Now, for just a second, put away that proud heart and closed mind and try to imagine a species that is a thousand, maybe a million years ahead of us, a species that can smell color, or see what we cannot see, hear what we cannot hear and have abilities we would preceive as almost godlike.

There are all kinds of possiblities and only people willing to think outside the box are going to be able to get us humans out of the box.

If a species had the technology to transfer say a brain or soul or the "inness" of one entity into another or transend or suspend time, travel between dimensions, imagine the possiblities.

I'm not saying I believe any or all of the above, but I do know that in my 20's and 30's I thought I pretty much had everything down pat.

As I am approaching my sixth decade of life on this third rock from a medium size sun, I realize now, that none of us know the half of anything really going on.

Some of us just think we do.

Knowledge protects. Ignorance endangers. - Laura Knight Jadczyk.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:03 PM
link   
This is the most illogical post i've ever read.

OP and the ones who stared this post are obviously delusional.

Obama might be the WORST president of all times, he did NOTHING so far to better this country, just drug it deeper into the pits of a new world order.

Wake up, I thought this place was intelligent...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SomeCheesyUsername

Read my location.

A star for your post.

I would really like to believe in someone high up having some galls but you are probably more than correct.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by eyeinoz

Bush couldn't speak a complete sentence without putting his foot in his mouth.

Do you read anything other than comic books? Read Paul Waldman's Fraud...........262 lies GWB has told that are documented.

Lie to us once shame on us, lie to us 262 + times and well.

All the Bushs, if you do your research, and really research going back 150 years or more, the entire family is a nasty piece of work.

Bush did better.

No, Obama is the n word cleaning up after Skull and Cross Bones Boy messed everything up so bad.

What most people do not realize because they are near sited is that what is happening right this very minute is a direct result of policies that were signed into office about 8-10 years ago.

It takes about that long for Presidential Policies to take effect.

Wake up.

I'm not saying Obama is a saint but GWB Jr. really really screwed America royally.

Just put down that xbox, remote, love novel, being a soccer mom/dad, and research - the Bushs, are real psychopaths.

Start your research with a book called, "Family of Secrets" by Russ Baker.

www.youtube.com...
edit on 21-3-2011 by ofhumandescent because: added link for further research.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by SyphonX

Originally posted by trusername
1) Doesn't feel the need to go into a new war - even when he can.

Tripped up as soon as you left the gate.

I guess continuing the Iraq and Afghanistan campaign doesn't count? How about bombing Pakistan? No.. ?

How about the fact we may be bombing Libya within the week?

I'm sorry. I have not read any posts past this one. But I could no longer resist the irony given recent events in Libya,

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
reply to post by Phenomium

There is a power so organized, so subtle, so complete, and so pervasive, that they had better not speak above their breath when they speak in condemnation of it." - Woodrow Wilson
Despite these warnings, Woodrow Wilson signed the 1913 Federal Reserve Act. A few years later he wrote: I am a most unhappy man. I have unwittingly ruined my country. A great industrial nation is controlled by its system of credit. Our system of credit is concentrated. The growth of the nation, therefore, and all our activities are in the hands of a few men. We have come to be one of the worst ruled, one of the most completely controlled and dominated Governments in the civilized world no longer a Government by free opinion, no longer a Government by conviction and the vote of the majority, but a Government by the opinion and duress of a small group of dominant men. - Woodrow Wilson

IMO: JFK went up against TPTB and that cost him his life.

The people who are really running the show, the ones that are truly at the top of the pyramid play for keeps and possibly, was murdered exactly because he was going to start in on the Federal Reserve.

Thank you for this post. It dovetails with my previous in this thread. Some may deride this thread but a lot of truth is here if you are open to it.

As I have said earlier, BO is totally out of his league considering who is running the show.

Of all the latest Presidents, JFK was the last one to have the best interests of the American people at heart. His family was close to being members of TPTB, and they still allowed LBJ to take him out. Why? Because it suited the best interests of TPTB. He messed with their war plans for Cuba, Vietnam, the oil depletion allowance, wanted closer relations with the Soviet Union, and finally, issued US notes backed by silver. (Sorry no UFO's) This guy acted as though he was President of the United States. The nerve of him!!!!

Back to ole Woody. I have known of his despair for many years but you are one of the first to bring up this point. It's my understanding that his awakening to what he had done hastened his decline and he suffered with that knowledge until his death. At least ole Woody got to wade in his own mire before his departure. It could not have happen to a finer man.

BO won't make those mistakes. He's already had his wake-up call! He probably figures if he's "present", out playing golf, throwing parties, or taking vacations, he can't piss off TPTB, the only people he truly fears. He wants to do the quick 4, and head out into the sunset, with his holdings in Petrobras tucked tightly underneath his arm.

I never said he wasn't smart!!!
edit on 21-3-2011 by Oldnslo because: punctuation

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
JFK went up against TPTB and that cost him his life.

I really don't think we should glorify the Kennedys. They were basically crooks and part of TPTB.

JFK had charisma and the ability to make people believe him. Something Clinton also had.

I suppose it is possible he had a conscious at some point and believed he really had power and wanted to do something significant - - against "the power" - - that maybe got himself killed.

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join