It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WARNING: Some critics of Japanese storage system see a worse-than-Chernobyl scenario ahead

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
just google for chernobyl victims...docs and images...
and then ask yourself what will happen´s in japan for the next years...

Also...from Wiki...
About 73 percent of Japan is forested, mountainous, and unsuitable for agricultural, industrial, or residential use.
So sad...so scary...

as a side note, you add the earthquake and tsunami damages to the populated regions...

But wait...there´s also a war in Libya....what a great time to have a war!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
The entire facility needs to be vaporized. This will separate the rods and stop the reaction. If high explosives are used (or even a nuke) it will be possible to control the resulting cloud of fallout. Otherwise we are going to have to deal with 200 years or so of these reactors melting down and spewing dangerous clouds of radioactive material.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
At no point in past nuclear incidents has the media or government ever told the truth, this can be applied to pretty much everything else that occurs too. The fact is that your government, and mine don't care about the people, in the Western world what is required is for us to be consumer and taxation units, unquestioning tax drones that obey and believe their current line of reasoning.

In short no politician ever tells the truth, big corporations roll over everyone, main stream media do as they are told by the ruling elite, it is up to us to see and examine things for what they are, not how they want us to believe them.

Never wait to be told to do anything by those in charge, do it anyway, if they says it's safe, it's not safe, if they say everything is fine, it probably wont be, look at how they keep the masses diverted by football and other sporting events, France was rioting not so log ago, and all the UK media would talk about was Wayne Roony's busted foot.

Think people.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
Just can it and dump it in the sea like how the French and US have been doing for the past 50 years.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
hehehe yeah that tv wont be telling any one the truth..

But this boron encasement .,... yall ever seen fringe??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkOutlook
At no point in past nuclear incidents has the media or government ever told the truth, this can be applied to pretty much everything else that occurs too. The fact is that your government, and mine don't care about the people, in the Western world what is required is for us to be consumer and taxation units, unquestioning tax drones that obey and believe their current line of reasoning.

In short no politician ever tells the truth, big corporations roll over everyone, main stream media do as they are told by the ruling elite, it is up to us to see and examine things for what they are, not how they want us to believe them.

Never wait to be told to do anything by those in charge, do it anyway, if they says it's safe, it's not safe, if they say everything is fine, it probably wont be, look at how they keep the masses diverted by football and other sporting events, France was rioting not so log ago, and all the UK media would talk about was Wayne Roony's busted foot.

Think people.

Well said there Sir, Nothing really to add to your post but a few things that come to mind.
Turn off your televisions/cancel newspapers/kill the radio except when its the last option.
Think for yourself, and by all means surf the net and know where your delete button is.
Regards, Iwinder
S&F to the OP as well here.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I am blown away by how little the news is covering this. At first there was a fair amount of coverage, now it's more the aftermath from the tsunami. (I think the reactors are the biggest issue left from the devastation) the news however doesn't. It has been years now I turn to the conspiracy websites for what I call "the real news" people have considered me paranoid, now I believe the non believers are coming around.
Isn't it somewhere of 100 mile radius around where Chernobyl was the is a ghost town. Imagine in japan where land is already hard to come by. This may be a mistake we might never right. It's almost Lybia is happening to take our attention from "nuclear war" coming not light in Japan.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn

I also find it unlikely to be coincidental that France, England, and the US in particular have rushed into war with Libya. All three countries have a major nuclear industry investment in their energy infrastructure.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

This is turning out to be worse than Chernobyl and the signs are already showing that it is. Tests of food grown and milk produced in the area around the facility have already shown signs of being contaminated with radiation. The incident at Chernobyl just involved one reactor as has already been stated. However, we are talking about four reactors built by General Electric that are exactly the same dimension wise and built with the same material. I just can't stand the fact that both the media and Tokyo Electric Power have been sugar coating this just to keep people from panicking. The Government of Japan knows that the power company has been sugar coating the situation since it started. Yet the government there has been what it can to keep this from getting out of hand, i.e. spraying sea water on the reactors to try and keep them cool. However, with as much radiation that has leaked from these reactors, its only a matter of time until it starts to affect everything on a global scale.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimmefootball400

This is turning out to be worse than Chernobyl and the signs are already showing that it is. Tests of food grown and milk produced in the area around the facility have already shown signs of being contaminated with radiation. The incident at Chernobyl just involved one reactor as has already been stated. However, we are talking about four reactors built by General Electric that are exactly the same dimension wise and built with the same material. I just can't stand the fact that both the media and Tokyo Electric Power have been sugar coating this just to keep people from panicking. The Government of Japan knows that the power company has been sugar coating the situation since it started. Yet the government there has been what it can to keep this from getting out of hand, i.e. spraying sea water on the reactors to try and keep them cool. However, with as much radiation that has leaked from these reactors, its only a matter of time until it starts to affect everything on a global scale.

There is radiation in sunlight, so saying "The food is already radiated" basically means nothing unless it is in large amounts, and no amounts have been stated here.

The reactors were not made of the same materials as Chernobyl, or the same design.

If they were, many people would already be dead.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
Anyone noticed that there doesnt seem to have been any new news or new topics on the nuclear crisis lately? In the last couple of days?
Does it not seem too quiet to anyone else?
One minute we're getting reports from sources, experts, etc. that we're going through another Chernobyl and it could be even worse this time;
last thing i remember is that the spent fuel rod pool was on fire at Reactor 4 and that it could mean impending doom for a lot of Japan and maybe parts of the US (depending on wind currents).

And now after a couple of days there's complete media blackout? It couldnt have all cleared up and we havent heard?

What's happening over there?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Today 9:24 PM Heightened Radiation Levels
BreakingNews @ BreakingNews : Radiation 1,600 times normal level is detected 12 miles from Fukushima plant, IAEA reports - Kyodo News

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
reply to post by spooky716

On the RSO EDIS Website of disasters it said that the scale was a 6..has it just been upgraded.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
No idea, at the bottom of the article they have a ticker that is being updated. The updates seem to be coming from a breaking news twitter feed relaying Japanese news agencies.

www.huffingtonpost.com...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueShift
Anyone noticed that there doesnt seem to have been any new news or new topics on the nuclear crisis lately? In the last couple of days?
Does it not seem too quiet to anyone else?
One minute we're getting reports from sources, experts, etc. that we're going through another Chernobyl and it could be even worse this time;
last thing i remember is that the spent fuel rod pool was on fire at Reactor 4 and that it could mean impending doom for a lot of Japan and maybe parts of the US (depending on wind currents).

And now after a couple of days there's complete media blackout? It couldnt have all cleared up and we havent heard?

What's happening over there?

Sorry did you say something.
Ive been distracted by this blokade in LIBYA.

edit on 21-3-2011 by meathed because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
Nope, nothing here...... move along

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Interesting side note from Rense.com, it was a comment made by a viewer? Is it true?

Just thought I'd let you know that your website has been dynamite lately and since you asked for light on the facts I suggest you check out Mike Rivero's expose showing that Japan's GE built Siemens reactors at fukushima were disabled by Israel's stusnet computer virus which was designed to disable Iran's GE built Siemens reactor at Busher. Israeli company Magna BSP was also handling the plants security. Keep up the good work and great guest contributions.

What do you think?

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
What we have seen so far could very well be the prelude to the worst carastrophe since the comet collided with Earth 12,000 years ago.

Here are the some facts to consider:

FACT: The spent fuels pools the Fukushima Unit 3 reactor were located in the upper floors of the reactor building.

FACT: The latest images of Unit 3 show that the reactor building has completely collapsed.

FACT: The melting point of plutonium is 641 C.

FACT: Liquids flow to the bottom of their containers.

FACT: Theoretically, plutonium has a supercritical mass of a just few hundred grams. Nuclear weapons typically contain 5-10 kg of plutonium.

FACT: Scott Portzline, Three Mile Island Alert, Pennsylvania, estimates there are 279.48 kilograms of plutonium in the MOX fuel of Unit 3.

FACT: During a June 27, 1994 press conference, Secretary of Energy Hazel O'Leary revealed that in 1962 the United States conducted a successful test with "reactor grade" plutonium. All grades of plutonium can be used as weapons of radiological warfare which involve weapons that disperse radioactivity without a nuclear explosion.

I really don't do't want to say the unspeakable, so I'll let you draw your own conclusions.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by daddio

It's very hard to believe that they could time stuxnet to coincide with the psunami. Also, what would the motive be? I know Israel wants the world to be their stage, but they have to let the U.S. conquer the ME countries for them first, before they get bigger ambitions, like Japan.

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Anyone have any idea how long it could take before they admit how much of a disaster this has been?
Weeks? Months? Years?
How long after Chernobyl did they release all the details of damage, deaths and radiation? Will this turn out to be similar?
I have so many questions because there's so many contradicting accounts and reports, and I have a feeling it could be years...

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join