It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

how to avoid this radiation

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
does anyone know what to do when the radiation will reach here? here are two tips iahve for everyone
1. eat food with lots of calcium, iron, potassium, other minerals. metalic elements deflect radiation so the more you eat the less is absorbed, this will help bit.
2. same concept as the last one staty inside strructures with lots of metal in it.

granted when the radiation distributes it self it wil not be as bad when you consider how much people were exposed to in the 50s between american and russian above groung nuclear tests. so if these tips are followed you can at least decrease this effects

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:54 AM
link   
Thanks for that positive info. I'm in Sand Diego and fortunatly, (apparently) I live in an aluminum sided mobile home! Now I'm going to go eat!

Thanks for the perspective on the all the nuclear testing that was happing in our desserts during the cold war, not to mention the high atmophere tests, banned, but still being done by N Korea. I was checking the radiation web sites and Denver is higher than any place in the country.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

im in alberta so hopeful it will disapate enough by the time its here, but im still getting what i need just to be safe. how bad has it gotten in denver now anyway

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by connorromanow
does anyone know what to do when the radiation will reach here? here are two tips iahve for everyone
1. eat food with lots of calcium, iron, potassium, other minerals. metalic elements deflect radiation so the more you

Like steak?

"Uptake by Animals. Cattle and other animals may eat plants which contain radioactive materials from fallout. Studies have been made of the possibility of hazard to humans as a result of eating meat from such animals. These studies indicate that the bone-seeking radioisotopes are of the greatest potential concern, and that the chief among these is radiostrontium. Cattle absorb 25 to 30 percent of the ingested strontium, with about 25 per cent reaching the bone. A few days after entrance of radiostrontium into the body, about 99 percent of the remaining amount will be in the bones."

The AEC went on to say in that paragraph that '"The only potential hazard to human beings would be the ingestion of bone splinters which might be intermingled with muscle tissue during butchering and cutting of the meat," which, overwhelmingly, scientists later debunked as nonsense - strontium-90, they argued, builds up in bone from ingesting food and milk, not bone splinters. Jenkins, likewise, countered: " ...to say that bone splinters present the only hazard to human beings is patently absurd: no mention at all is made of milk and dairy products, the major pathway of strontium-90, iodine-131 and other radionuclides received from animal products."

www.idealist.ws...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

that is the other problem i guess we have, hopeful it will dissapate enough by the time it reaches thaer grain belt areas.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Metallic elements deflect radiation? No.
Same concept? No.

Radiation is absorbed, not deflected. Nothing you eat can protect your body from radiation. Potassium iodide prevents the thyroid from accumulating radioactive iodine but it does not "deflect" anything.

Yes, staying indoors, no matter what the construction materials, will help prevent exposure to fallout. It has nothing to do with "deflecting" radiation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by connorromanow

I'm no scietist, and I don't know what the numbers stand for, but the radiation charts I looked at from links here at ATS this morning showed San Diego at about 9-13 and Denver at 57. I don't know why, military bases???

Dang it PHAGE! You mean my tin foil hat won't work either?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by windword

I'm no scietist, and I don't know what the numbers stand for, but the radiation charts I looked at from links here at ATS this morning showed San Diego at about 9-13 and Denver at 57. I don't know why, military bases???

Dang it PHAGE! You mean my tin foil hat won't work either?

The higher readings in Denver are due to its greater elevation.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Right now I am wondering what are the chances for a meltdown and a massive explosion that would throw who knows how much radiation up in the higher winds of the jet stream. Our governments don't like to tell people the worst case scenario fearing it would alarm everyone. I believe the opposite is true, people don't know so they fear the worst case could be a 400 megaton explosion with super massive amounts of radiation spreading around the world. Now if you had a credible expert discussing the worst case and why he thought it would never get that bad and why he thinks that, it would reassure the public.

Without a massive explosion and meltdown, I'm not too worried about radiation exposure here in South Carolina from a leak in Japan. I'm more concerned with large products we receive from Japan where I work at. I am wondering what are the chances radioactive material could come over with the packaging? I don't know if customs would stop our product or if they are even scanning large shipments to detect radioactivity on incoming products from Japan. If not the radioactive particles could be circulating in our facility without us even knowing about it.

I feel sorry for the people of Japan. I thought I heard on the news today that the water in Tokyo has been contaminated with radioactive particles. I don't know if all the millions in the affected areas have potassium iodide to take. I'm thinking not since they were probably told just to stay indoors. If they drink the local milk, they may have already absorbed some radiation if the milk was recently harvested from affected areas. Now it's in the water? That is awful. I heard one blurb about contaminated water so I don't know all the details. Hopefully if there are still thousands of stranded in earthquake or tsunami affected areas, I hope governments are providing food and safe drinking water. Local governments in Japan may be overwhelmed worrying about their own safety and their own families. I have seen a few pictures of other governments rescue workers searching for missing people so I do know other governments are assisting. It's just such a massive disaster with a lot of extra disaster potential.

I worry about what would happen if a massive solar flare or a bigger than expected earthquake struck the US and knocked out power for months here in the US. No power for generators for months and we could have several nuclear reactors meltdown. Some people say nuclear power is safe but I'm starting to think it's a large gamble where we all die from a super massive disaster or we don't. I heard we haven't had a new nuclear reactor come online here in the US in over 30 years. That means we have a lot of similar reactors to the one in Japan that could meltdown. If everything goes according to plan, we will all be safe. I think it's safe not to trust the government too much because they are always afraid of spreading fear and panic and end up causing it by not informing the public.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

its more higher metals like gold but lower ones still have some effecy either absorbtion or deflection

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

No.
Eating gold or any other metal will not protect your body from radiation.

new topics

top topics

join