It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

July 21, PEW Poll has Kerry at 46%, Bush at 44%

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:21 PM
link   
Looks like Kerry is gaining a little ground on Bush:

PEW Research Center:
Currently, Kerry and running mate Sen. John Edwards draw 46% among registered voters, Bush and Vice President Dick Cheney 44%, with 3% going to Ralph Nader and Peter Camejo. The race continues to fluctuate within a fairly narrow range; last month Bush led Kerry by a slight margin (46%-42%).

The latest survey by the Pew Research Center for the People and the Press, conducted July 8-18 among 2,009 adults (1,568 registered voters), shows that while the race remains tight, Kerry has made a notable improvement in his standing in the battleground states. Kerry currently holds a small 47%-41% edge in these states; last month, Bush was ahead by 11 points (49%-38%).

And Democrats are leading in many issues:

* Leading Republicans by 50-23 on which party is more trusted to handle health care.
* Leading Republicans by 45-29 on handling education.
* Leading Republicans by 46-34 on handling the economy.
* Tied with Republicans on handling of Iraq.
* Tied with Republicans on handling foreign policy.
* Trailing Republicans 45-30 on handling the campaign against terrorism.

I know it's still a little early and polls aren't always reliable but it looks like Bush should still be a little worried.

[edit on 21-7-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:25 PM
link   
Wait till the end of the night election night. FOX news will make the call, kinda like last year. It will look like Karry all the way up, till FOX claims bush is the winner.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Who are these people that do these polls, where do these polls take place, and why haven't i been polled?

I am a registered voter, i want to be heard, i want to be polled. Oh wait...maybe not. But seriously, how acurate are these polls this early?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by AntiPolitrix
Who are these people that do these polls, where do these polls take place, and why haven't i been polled?

I am a registered voter, i want to be heard, i want to be polled. Oh wait...maybe not. But seriously, how acurate are these polls this early?

bout the Survey

Results for the July 2004 Foreign Policy and Party Images survey are based on telephone interviews conducted under the direction of Princeton Survey Research Associates International among a nationwide sample of 2,009 adults, 18 years of age or older, during the period July 8-18, 2004. For results based on the total sample, one can say with 95% confidence that the error attributable to sampling is plus or minus 2.5 percentage points. For results based on 1,568 Registered Voters, the sampling error is plus or minus 3.0 percentage points. For results based on either Form 1 (N=1003) or Form 2 (N=1006) general public, the sampling error is plus or minus 3.5 percentage points.

In addition to sampling error, one should bear in mind that question wording and practical difficulties in conducting surveys can introduce error or bias into the findings of opinion polls.

people-press.org...

They also have a detailed demographic table so you can see what the opinions of persons of different races, income and education levels are:
people-press.org...

top topics

join