It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

War, Scared?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jepic
reply to post by Ariess

Way to go... Calling people heartless and mentally ill because they don't feel the pain as much as normal people because of whatever happened to them or because its in their personality. You just insulted the type of person that could be your greatest ally.

And like I said in my first post. Only weak and fools are mentally affected in war. You know what I call people that make friends or emotional connections in a war zone, I call them fools. You have to be a real fool to make friends or form emotional connections with another soldier in a war zone.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by Jepic because: (no reason given)

No, I'm saying people who "aren't affected" by people being killed in front of them aren't strong at all...just heartless or mentally ill. This type of person isn't an ally to anyone. Bonds of friendship aren't foolish in a war zone. They are completely necessary to work and survive as a team. The sole reason we evolved to have such emotional connections is because of this. Yes, "weak" people are debilitated by war and the terror involved, but those who are strong feel the same things and can carry on. Strong people don't disconnect their minds from it. They keep their head to fully utilize it for the task at hand. Only a fool would think that because they don't feel anything for someone who is in a movie they wouldn't feel anything for someone being killed in real life. I hope to god you never have to go to war.

<< 1   >>

join