It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Radiation has arrived in Southern California

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Normal background radiation where I am, about 50 miles north of San Diego usually stays between
4.5 -5 MicroRoengtens/Hr.

Right now I am getting 6.5 - 7. This is still nothing to get worked up about, I am just keeping people informed that there has been a measurable increase in radiation levels.

I will keep this thread updated as the levels go up or down. But I still have stuff to do, so there will be hours at a time that I do not update.
edit on 19-3-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

edit on 19-3-2011 by watchitburn because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   
reply to post by watchitburn

The Kansas governor announced yesterday that Kansas would not be affected by the radiation. I wonder if he saw that video on you tube about radiation reaching the midwest.
Just keep us updated; how far is Japan from California? You would think Hawaii would have been affected.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Wasn't Travis AFB created in California because an Air Force plane crashed radiating the area?

California's had lots of radiation ....it's nothing new to California.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
5,024 Miles from fukushima to where I am.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Thanks for the thread, and yes please keep us updated on the radiation levels, do you have your own detector or are you going by the news?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by littlema77

I have my own detector, I wouldn't trust the news to tell me what time it is.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Pervius

How would an Air Force plane Irradiate some place? They run off of JP5 not Nuclear fuel. If they crashed with a nuclear missile or bomb on their wing the bomb would only irradiate the area if the outer casing cracked. That is not a common thing even if the plane crashes. I doubt very seriously that Travis AFB would have been created because of a radioactive plane crash. That is just a ridiculous statement.

As for radiation reaching Cali, with as much atmosphere is between Cali and Japan it should be so disbursed that it should not have any effect when it reaches land. If it would then Chernobyl would have irradiated us as well, not to mention, Bikini Atoll, White Sands, and all the other Nuke tests countries have done.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I just checked the CDX website. San Fran and Sacramento are showing normal readings.
San Fran: 14 cpm
Sacramento: 20 cpm

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Jeebus! Is everyone here so young they have forgotten the whole flap about strontium 90 in cows milk?
There is every reason the the world to fear nuclear fallout.
The meltdown is continuing to spread radioactive materials into the atmosphere.
however small the increase is now, it will get worse later if the chain reaction continues at the reactor sites.Added to this is the use of
X reactor fuel which contains extra radioactive substances to make a hotter reaction.These are more dangerous that normal reactor fuels.
Already the situation has progressed to a chernobyl sized dissaster.They are going to have to bury the reactors in sand and born mix.Entombing it in concrete as well.....
exactly like chernobyl.The difference being that 6 six reactors are melting down, not just one!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Of course the radiation amounts are minute westcoast area. IF the reacotr goes through complete metldown, like cheryboble did, then thats i think is gunna be a problem then. cherynoble, wa detected as far west as scotland ( russian woman at work was telling me, she lived in st.petersburg at the time), and went eastward as far as nevada and new mexico. and that was thinned out over distance...japan is closer and the winds due to pacific jet stream obvisoulsy are blowing this way

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Still between 6.5 - 7 µRem/Hr.

It is supposed to rain shortly, so being that I am on the 2nd floor, I expect my readings to drop a bit.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
i wonder if this coulda been a builderber NWO orchestrated thing? another way to mess with the people if the united states..contaminate em, without suspiscion? a spy or something works at the japan plant, and under orders..careed em out.
jsut a simple thought

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

edit on 19-3-2011 by TETRA.X because: url is too long..deleted post
edit on 19-3-2011 by TETRA.X because: (no reason given)
extra DIV

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
It is 3:14pm and readings are still 6.5 - 7 mRem/hr.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   

It has been alittle while what are they at now if you don't mind my asking?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
Sorry, it has been a while.

There has been no real change here I am still getting between 6 - 7 mRem/hr

Still above background but nothing of concern.

I will be going to sleep soon but i will update again when I wake up.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   
Looks like the radiation levels have dropped a little bit here.

It is staying between 5 - 6 mRem/hr now. Remember these are still extremely low levels, just barely above normal background.

It may be possible that this event has raised the normal background level permanently. Just a thought.

We should be seeing the effects of the most recent explosions here in the next day or two.

Just have to wait and see.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
No change since this morning, still elevated but not hazardous

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 06:32 AM
link   
Sitting around 6mRem/Hr.
I got a few Gamma hits within a minute, that is not normal for here. I have never read gamma from my balacony before. Every once in a while i will pick up a stray Neutron but that is about it.

Still not dangerous levels, but odd.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Still no change, Averaging 6 mRem/Hr.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join