It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Quake Strikes Almost Atop Fukushima I Nuclear Plant

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   

Its not just Japan...its the whole (hole) ring of fire......might I suggest some prep-h? You know when Uranus is lined up just right......

Kidding, seriously folks check out the latest.....Japan has been under constant barrage of small tiny settling quakes...and as you can see...California has been getting the same treatment......

What really bothers me? No quakes in the mid-US after having a truck load for so long....and then theres the ones outside Puerto Rico...

Check er out Here's the latest

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
A 6.1 is not exactly tiny, is it.
I'll be keeping an eye on this, because that plant is already so damaged, it wouldn't take much.

Maybe the nudge is just what the plant needs to repair itself, like in darwin's evolution. After enough of the jolts, the plant should evolve into a 100% working structure.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
That's pretty beast, like they don't have enough problems right now lmaoo

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Rads are cumulative
and concentrates up the food chain as does a lot of the toxins in lake Ontario.

This is the Big Moon and we now know that syzergy is a working theory of when and why

also the number of 6 plus quakes is up way up ove the number per year.

so expect after shocks like crazy the forces are still in play....

haarpe? yes it can resonate iron and water and anything they can match frequencies with,
remember the tacoma narrows bridge...that was a form of resonnance.

but this time no need there are plenty of verifiable forces in play
and the last thing the PTB wanted was this quake
what Japan supplies in the terms of the YeN CARRY TRADE and the manufacture of certain crtical items.....
and skills.,,

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
It wasn' t just a 6.1

6.1M, depth: 25km 19/3/2011 18:56

5M, depth: 31km 20/3/2011 10:24
5.5M, depth: 23km 20/3/2011 10:30

Use this...

Display Options select sticky Dots

Jump to: last 3 / 6 / 9 / 12 / 24 hours select last 24 h

www.japanquakemap.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I find it difficult to believe the new quake right over the nuclear plant
did no further damage. It certainly seemed to be down played
all day

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
I find it difficult to believe the new quake right over the nuclear plant
did no further damage. It certainly seemed to be down played
all day

Are you sure it was a quake and not a explosion?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by relyt

USGS has it listed as a quake but I read somewhere today, can't remember where that there was
a fire at one of the reactors.
USGS
MAP 6.1 2011/03/19 09:56:51 36.810 140.375 24.9 NEAR THE EAST COAST OF HONSHU, JAPAN

Suppose we have to take their word for it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by soficrow
Reports range from saying 'no reports yet' to 'no damage.' ...Most likely there's no obvious damage, but we already know we're not going to get the truth before it's too big to cover up. ...Even the 3.7 in Ontario caused a leak at the Pickering reactor. And this was a 6.1.

I highly doubt the earthquake in Ontario had anything to do with the leak at the Pickering reactor. I live in between the earthquake and Pickering and there wasn't even more than a second of vibration.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
Personally I think you guys are trying to make this into something when it's nothing.

So far, no further damage has been reported as a result of the aftershock. So stop working yourselves into a frenzy as if there has been but they aren't admitting it.

Have any of you considered that yes indeed, no further damage was done?Not everything at every moment is an information coverup. Your all just going by assumption.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Nomad451 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Castogere

Thats weird the last three earthquakes are right exactly in a straight line from one another........huh
hisz.rsoe.hu...

edit on 19-3-2011 by dnvrliz because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
A 6.1 is not exactly tiny, is it.
I'll be keeping an eye on this, because that plant is already so damaged, it wouldn't take much.

Exactly. I am afraid that people have become glossy-eyed with the 9.0 and the 7.+ earthquakes that they forget even a 5.something can do some major damage

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

It would seem that geothermal might be a better alternative to nuclear in Japan. On the other hand, nothing like having a new volcano come up your pipes in your neighborhood.

Like you mentioned, Mt. Fuji is south of Tokyo. It is overwhelmingly large, and sits on the corner of the three main plates. It wouldn't take a lot of imagination to see another eruption, or an additional new volcano rise in that region near Tokyo. If I were in the predition business, I would bet on that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
The BBC took a break from Gaddafi and said reports say that the measures taken with fire engines puring water on the cores may go on for months or even years.

So how many firemen's lives? How long will the exclusion zone be maintained? How much pullution will be caused?

HOW CHEAP IS NUCLEAR POWER?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:02 AM
link   

ANOTHER 6.1 on Sunday

6.1M Earthquake Reported Near Coast Of Honshu, Japan

The quake struck at 7:48 a.m. CST at a depth of 53.1 km.

Relative to other locations, the quake hit 90 km (55 miles) ESE of Morioka, Honshu, Japan, 139 km (86 miles) SSE of Hachinohe, Honshu, Japan, 162 km (100 miles) NE of Sendai, Honshu, Japan, and 458 km (284 miles) NNE of TOKYO, Japan.

Strong earthquake rocks northeastern Japan

The United States Geological Survey (USGS) measured the strength of the earthquake at 6.1 on the Richter scale, considerably stronger than Japan's estimate. The USGS estimated that some 604,000 people may have felt moderate to strong shaking.

So what the real story? How much damage has been done?

Given that the Fukushima plant was already compromised, it is most likely that Saturday and Sunday's 6+ quakes inflicted even more damage.

Even before the 6.1 quake at Fukushima on Saturday and the 2nd 6.1 on Sunday, many nuclear experts thought Japan's nuclear alert should be a 6.5 (not a level 5).

Offic ials Are "Underestimating the Seriousness of the Problem" with Japan's Nuclear Reactors

Japan raised the nuclear alert level from a four to a five, on par with Three Mile Island. This decision has shocked many nuclear experts who thought it should be higher.

Our experts think that it’s a level 6.5 already, and it’s on the way to a seven, which was Chernobyl. We were very shocked that they only called it a five.

Can we trust the official reports?

Fukushima Nuclear Reactor Truth: Locally Chernobyl

…2007, after an earthquake at another plant belonging to the same TEPCO power company, radioactivity was leaked. The leak was kept secret, the public only informed days after, too late for any simple precautions like staying indoors.

The Fukushima plant is 40 years old and was supposed to be dismantled, but is kept alive just like many frail reactors all over the world. …

This history is important, because it clearly shows that the nuclear science is not the problem. One cannot honestly discuss the so called “irrational panic” of the public without discussing the fact that safety records have been falsified and problems downplayed routinely. The public’s distrust and fears are mostly rational and justified.

edit on 20/3/11 by soficrow because: format

posted on Mar, 23 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
More quakes hit Fukushima...

Three Large Earthquakes Rock Japan Again - Heighten Nuclear Fears

Why aren't we getting reports about damage?

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
And the earthquakes just keep coming - many at or very near Fukushima.

But finally - an admission the core may have been damaged (Fukushima, reactor 3) - this morning from Japan's nuclear and industrial safety agency official, Hidehiko Nishiyama.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join