It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New Quake Strikes Almost Atop Fukushima I Nuclear Plant

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Reports range from saying 'no reports yet' to 'no damage.' ...Most likely there's no obvious damage, but we already know we're not going to get the truth before it's too big to cover up. ...Even the 3.7 in Ontario caused a leak at the Pickering reactor. And this was a 6.1.

New Quake Strikes Almost Atop Fukushima I

The USGS just reported a magnitude 6.1 earthquake centered almost on top of the Fukushima I nuclear power facility. No tsunami warning has been issued, and no major damage has been reported. ...

The US Geological Survey (USGS) reported the quake struck at 6.56pm (8.56pm AEDT) and was centred 98 kilometers South of Fukushima. ...No reports from the Fukushima have been issued.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
That is scary, like they don't have enough problems at that reactor, it's almost like some unseen force wants this to be a major disaster.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
It's not too far from mount Fuji either so imagine if that woke up, Japan would be a waste land or something with mass immigration, just thought for the worst case scenario.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Ontario quake ... Wednesday march 16.

Pickering nuclear leak .. Monday march 14.

Don't give false infos .. no link whatsoever between these two events.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Who's going to say it??????????????

It starts with an H and rhymes with HAARP........................

someone out there is lurking just twitching to say it..........................

Where are you at?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by minigunner
Who's going to say it??????????????

It starts with an H and rhymes with HAARP........................

someone out there is lurking just twitching to say it..........................

Where are you at?

Starts with a G and rhymes with GOD

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 AM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Selyatek

Ontario quake ... Wednesday march 16.

Pickering nuclear leak .. Monday march 14.

Don't give false infos .. no link whatsoever between these two events.

Ex CUSE me. The Pickering leak was not reported til after the quake - and they SAID it happened before.

In any event, this thread is about JAPAN's new quake, and the possibility of more damage at their nuclear plant.

NOTE: came back from reading another thread, found 4 pages of responses and 14 flags, wrote one reply, came back to 1 page and 8 flags. Interesting.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
The pickering plant has me a little concerned. I know a worker there, but he said they are in great shape. And are not concerned.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:01 AM
link   
reply to post by freedish

Ahh God, is there anything we can't blame him for?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

Yes .. it's all about Japan.

And like you and many others we are trying to follow all new significant events that might bring more damage on Japan. All the new quakes in this zone are very suspect to say only this.

i just wanted to pinpoint we cannot compare on every levels what is going on in Japan to Canada rignt now.

For Japan i'm with you all the way .. it seems they are not seeing light at the end of the tunnels yet .

Thanks to keep us inform ..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alina
reply to post by freedish

Ahh God, is there anything we can't blame him for?

Who said I was blaming?

Jesus said there would be earthquakes in diverse places. I'm just speculating from my own observation.

edit on 19-3-2011 by freedish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:37 AM
link   
The nuclear power industry is freaking out right now - figuratively, literally and virtually.

In any location, the safety of nuclear power is questionable. Locating nuclear power plants in earthquake and volcano zones is downright stupid.

The Japan experience makes it clear that no amount of "human ingenuity" or foresight can deal with ALL the possible FUBARS.

Right now, the nuclear industry is fighting desperately to hang on to its clients and profits. Indonesia is emerging at the forefront of the debate. In 2006, the president passed a law saying the nation had to have nuclear reactors online by 2017, and start switching over to nuclear power.

Like Japan, Indonesia is located on the "Ring of Fire" - the most active earthquake and volcano zone on the planet.

But TPTB are using every trick in the book - including sophisticated Social Network Marketing techniques - to downplay the issue and the dangers, bury and redirect open discussion, and hang on to those orders. ...So I say to all you non-bots: You are people, with hearts and minds - use your faculties - please, think and feel for yourself. The future of the world is in your hands. Just quit. Find another job, please, one that doesn't put the entire planet in danger.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   
reply to post by minigunner

Starts with N and sounds like Atural Causes.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds
reply to post by minigunner

Starts with N and sounds like Atural Causes.

I do hope you realize I was being facetious..........

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Thank you all for contributing such thoughtful, well researched analytical responses to this thread.

May I draw your attention to a topic that might also intrigue you?

The Birds and the Bees.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
A 6.1 is not exactly tiny, is it.
I'll be keeping an eye on this, because that plant is already so damaged, it wouldn't take much.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by The time lord
It's not too far from mount Fuji either so imagine if that woke up, Japan would be a waste land or something with mass immigration, just thought for the worst case scenario.

You mean emigration, 'cause it doesn't sound like a nice place to either vacation or set down roots.

They're going to send in additional backup forces and resources, power, pumps, values, containers etc, and contain this thing and get it under control.

I'm optimistic, but oh what a terrible tragedy it's been the world's heart goes out to Japan, and to such a wonderful people, it's very hard.

May God help us, to avert a catastrophe.

It will be ok, somehow, it'll work out alright I just know it.

But what can we do, except pray?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join