It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Super moon and UFO?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1
I just recorded i video of the super moon from Australia.
At the 28 second's in the video you can see somthing fly from the left to right in an upwards diagonal direction across the moon.

It's most likley an insect or bird (so pls dont bash me) but with my understanding of photography I would think if the moon is in focus, somthing as close as a bird or insect would not be picked up by the camera.

Would the aperture of a video camera be small enough to have such a large field of focus?

Anyway Im sure you will enjoy the super moon.

Dadfortruth, Thanks for your post. I plan to try to make a similar video when the moon comes around to our side in North America later today.

I did see your target, I was able to stop the video five times and observe the image as till shot ( if that is the term )
while it passed between your camera and the moon. I expected to see a change of shape or a change in direction so I would be able to report that I think it is an insect. Not the case, I looked at the immage multiple times. I am begining to like the image as constant speed constant course and constant shape. UFO means we don't know, your recorded target is not a bird and does not appear to be an insect. I think your recording is interesting enough to be analyzed first hand with high dollar equipment.

edit on 19-3-2011 by whatwasthat because: spelling

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Great Moon in the clear southern UK sky tonight, could be a good one to look up once in a while

Can't view your vid right now, but just glad you (and others) are paying attention to the moon over the course of it's "close up" days.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whatwasthat

What makes you think an insect can't fly a constant speed in a relatively straight line for a short distance?

edit on 3/19/2011 by Soylent Green Is People because: speelling

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
the "bug" flying across doesn't interest me...the TILT does...i have alway heard that the moon is stationary as far as rotation...apparently not.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
the "bug" flying across doesn't interest me...the TILT does...i have alway heard that the moon is stationary as far as rotation...apparently not.

This may be due to "Lunar Libration".

Libration is the slight wobble that the Moon has. This wobble means that the Moon can look different at different times -- i.e., no two full moons in a given year may be exactly alike. There are various reasons the Moon appears to wobble -- some of the wobble is "real", and some is only apparent (based on the observers point-of-view).

here is a time-lapse video illustrating how the Moon wobbles over time

and some internet articles about libration:
www.phy6.org...
www.wwu.edu...
en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

jimmyx,

Generally we are looking at the same surface on the moon because the rotation rate and the revolution around the earth are equal. this video is really cool. This is a composite of full moon pictures over time, correct?

edit on 19-3-2011 by whatwasthat because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Soylent Green,

Could be an insect, just saying I watched it and did not see any change while it was in view.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
I think it was a flying insect.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Sollent Green,

Okay, I watched the moon with the moving target a few more times on a bigger screen. The target does not appear at the edge of the moon in the lower left, rather it is first noticeable in a position after it would have passed form dark to light. Must be a bug

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join