It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush Signs Law To Develop Drugs Against Bioterror

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   
The Bush administration is currently pushing research and development on all new bio-weapons - which goes against our international agreement to not engage in that activity. Par for the course for BushCo.

Now this:

Bush Signs Law To Develop
Drugs Against Bioterror
7-21-4

WASHINGTON (Reuters) -- President Bush signed legislation on Wednesday aimed at encouraging the development of drugs and vaccines to negate the impact of attacks using biological and chemical weapons.

The $5.6 billion, 10-year Project BioShield program expands public- and private-sector research incentives to develop treatments, antidotes and vaccines that would otherwise not find a viable commercial niche.
www.rense.com...

It's a Reuters article, btw. I know how some of you don't like Rense.

They're gonna use these ungodly weapons against us one of these days and blame it on the AyeRabs. They're also propping up their pharmo-nazi buddies in the process.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Uhh...he's pushing a bill to develop VACCINES and ANTIDOTES against a bio-terror attack?

And this is a bad thing?

Like developing the polio and smallpox vaccines was a bad thing?

ECK, you're really grasping at straws.

:shk:

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:21 PM
link   
And whats so bad about it? He sighned a bill to help us if there was a bio attack. What would you rather him not spend money to make the vaccines if al-Qaida use bio terror?

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Funny thing is, if GWB hadn't signed this bill and then something bad along those lines did happen, people like ECK would then blame him for not taking effective steps to defend us.

Damned if you do, damned if you don't.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Yeah I don't understand why your so mad. He's not making the WEAPONS, he's making antidotes and vaccines FOR the weapons. If its successful, we might not have to fear an attack of bioterrorism.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by EastCoastKid
They're gonna use these ungodly weapons against us one of these days and blame it on the AyeRabs. They're also propping up their pharmo-nazi buddies in the process.

I understand your reasoning, EastCoastKid. They will release the pathogens themselves and blame it on the "terrorists". And after that has happened and it is blamed on the "terrorists", the pharmo-nazi's will step in with their "cure" to the pathogens intentionally released by "them", thereby allowing the pharmo-nazi cartel to profit from the released pathogens by the "terrorists".

You think that exact same way I do on what is happening behind the scenes.

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I'm not a Bush supporter, I didn't vote for him, and I would vote, as I have stated before, for Micky Mouse if he were the only one running against him in the election...but this is a good thing. Something that is needed in today's time. It most certainly isn't something to get upset over. Pick and chose your battles....carefully

EIDT: To fix typos....damn nails!

[edit on 7/21/2004 by LadyV]

posted on Jul, 21 2004 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Wow. I shouldn't be surprised but sometimes such paranoia and hatred just make me go "Wow".

The Vote in Congress on this bill was 99 - 0 in the Senate, and 414 - 2 in the House. It would have eventually become law even if Bush hadn't signed it.

CNN Article

So, it's not just Bush is it?

I honestly think if GWB pulled someone out of a fire, you bush haters would find a way to turn it into something sinister.

Do you realize that your vitrol towards Bush just hurts your credibility? With everything you post so wrapped up in your hatred, it makes it difficult to wallow through what you write to find anything worth reading. Hell, I don't hate Kerry, although I think he's a horrible choice for a President. However, if he wins, then he is my President for the next four years. That's what being an American is about. You liberals can't do that though, can ya? You can't put down your pride and hate long enough to try to work with whoever has been elected to be in charge. You would rather see the system fail than see someone you don't like in charge of it. That's not American at all.

According to you, NOTHING will make any difference. If the "ones behind it all" are as sinister, machivellian, and as powerful as you claim, why do you even bother? If you are correct in your paranoid fantasies, then you have already lost long ago.

top topics

join