It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you seen how HUGE the Moon is??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Was walking along the seafront last night and the moon was flipping huge. With the super moon coming today or now or whenever I wonder how huge the moon will be tonight during the 'Super Moon'! I shall certainly be doing some meditating and making the most out of the power and influence the moon has on all life living on earth

I wish you could have seen the moon where I am at. It was lighting up the sea like .. well the only way I can describe it in my sleep deprived state is like electricity. Bloody beautiful. The moon was so bright and the craters were really clear. I have developed the ability to zoom in on things visually by meditating at it. Try it when you can. Get your body in a comfortable enough position to relax standing relatively still staring at the moon. Focus on your peripheral vision then focus back normally on the moon. When you get relatively in tune with that patch of sky you can just stare directly at the moon, concentrating but still so relaxed and it should start to zoom in. Quite dramatic. Not in the sense of it zooming it fast but in the sense of how far you can actually zooms in depending on how much practise you've had. Anyway that is possibly another thread for another day.

Can we try and get as many pictures of the moon tonight as possible? Preferably some ones with objects in view to grasp proportions.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   
Waiting 18 years and its overcast and raining tonight
I cant believe this...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   
i was P.O.'ed because i did see the Moon around 9 pm here in Winnipeg, Manitoba. it was completely clear out and the Moon was a very bright white. when i went onto my balcony to look at the Moon sometime after midnight when it would have been right overhead the sky was completely clouded over and the city hazed over. crappy because i wanted to see if it would look bigger then it had around 9pm, because honestly it didn't seem any bigger then it does normally, but it was as i said VERY bright.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:04 AM
link   
PICS!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
It didn't look that big when I left work last night I was a little disappointed. But tonight should be good perfect viewing conditions and I'm off tomorrow, so a few moonlight beers will be had!

How's your forecast for tonight Tech?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I see a massive amount of moonlight coming. Some strange activity from animals and humans.

I also see the huge possibility of some world wide geological events that could effect quite a lot of us. We all know about the possibility of some major quakes globally but I also see a volcano going off. Possibly a big one..

If not today then in the next few days. I had a dream recently where I was watching a volcano off shore, typed some crap into a computer, green code and the whole shindig. I made the volcano go off.

I got a feeling we are about to see some serous global geological change!

What about you BRL?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The moon looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I am going to go to the beach tonight to watch it...I noticed how big it looked the last few nights so tonight shall be pretty cool.

I love the moon and late at night when I can't sleep I will go outside and just stare at it. For some reason it's the only time I can actually clear my mind.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
The moon looks BEAUTIFUL!!!!!!

I am going to go to the beach tonight to watch it...I noticed how big it looked the last few nights so tonight shall be pretty cool.

I love the moon and late at night when I can't sleep I will go outside and just stare at it. For some reason it's the only time I can actually clear my mind.

There is something quite therapeutic and magical when one stares at the moon or cosmos

I rejoice in other people appreciating such wonderful things!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:25 AM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Definitely strange activity in humans! Nothing seems to have settled recently and in fact things are getting more tense the world over. A weird coincidence?

We know that the moon can affect magnetic compounds in the brains of animals, most noticeably the homing pigeon but also more intelligent animals such as whales. So I feel it is entirely possible it's affecting humans without us even knowing. There is good evidence to suggest that certain magnetic changes can effect the perception of pain in humans, and I'm sure there are other studies.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

Definitely strange activity in humans! Nothing seems to have settled recently and in fact things are getting more tense the world over. A weird coincidence?

We know that the moon can affect magnetic compounds in the brains of animals, most noticeably the homing pigeon but also more intelligent animals such as whales. So I feel it is entirely possible it's affecting humans without us even knowing. There is good evidence to suggest that certain magnetic changes can effect the perception of pain in humans, and I'm sure there are other studies.

I have noticed quite a dramatic increase in the instability of peoples Emotions and decision making during the past few months. Everyone seems to be in a rush. It really seems like we are heading towards some great change and I am excited about it! Although quite anxious

I fully agree with you, if animals can sense stuff and be effected by the moon so heavily who is to say it won't effect us? In my opinion with our complex brains, anatomy and intricate emotions and hormones we are very likely to be effected noticeably!

Starred.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
It's overcast here (Melb. Aust at 11:30pm) but there's plenty light reflecting through, it almost looks like twilight. It's quite surreal. I tried taking a few pics but they didn't turn out too well, not surprising due to the crappy camera but in a few you can see the moon peeping through the clouds... and Yeah, it's BIG!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel
It's overcast here (Melb. Aust at 11:30pm) but there's plenty light reflecting through, it almost looks like twilight. It's quite surreal. I tried taking a few pics but they didn't turn out too well, not surprising due to the crappy camera but in a few you can see the moon peeping through the clouds... and Yeah, it's BIG!!

I got a couple of mates with sick cameras so I'm going to try and get as many awesome shots as possible!
I will post them when I've got some

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Excellent, looking forward to seeing them.

I can't get over the amount of light coming through the clouds. You can clearly see the shape of the moon despite the thick cloud cover, it's unreal..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by yizzel

Excellent, looking forward to seeing them.

I can't get over the amount of light coming through the clouds. You can clearly see the shape of the moon despite the thick cloud cover, it's unreal..

I know its madness aint it!

Was loving it last night, can't wait for tonight. Didn't sleep last night and got the feeling I'm not going to sleep tonight either D:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique

Originally posted by Big Raging Loner

I have noticed quite a dramatic increase in the instability of peoples Emotions and decision making during the past few months.

AGREED!

That is all I can say, agreed, agreed, agreed! I can't tell you how much I have noticed this with friends and my personal life. It started in January, well December with the eclipse and then January's moon/venus position. I read about it in my chart and others. It stated that alignment would cause irrational thinking in many and higher emotions and it would go thru March and the Super Moon....I see it happening and have been!

STARRED!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Yep it's madness alright.

It's about half past midnight now and the moon is directly overhead. It looks a little smaller as the cloud cover thickens. The wind is also picking up, me thinks there's a storm on the way

Sadly I don't think I'll be up for much longer, unless conditions improve (which I doubt). Oh well, I hope it's going to be a clear night for you guys across the pond...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Just got out of work and I was walking round the car park couldn't see the moon anywhere. Out in the car driving home still no luck. Then at the last junction before home I turn the corner and BAM!

It is awesome looking, huge, and kind of orange. It has just poked it's head over the horizon so I'm going out for another look when it's a bit higher! I will post any photos up if they are worth talking about.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
I've seen bigger.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by TechUnique
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

I see a massive amount of moonlight coming. Some strange activity from animals and humans.

I also see the huge possibility of some world wide geological events that could effect quite a lot of us. We all know about the possibility of some major quakes globally but I also see a volcano going off. Possibly a big one..

If not today then in the next few days. I had a dream recently where I was watching a volcano off shore, typed some crap into a computer, green code and the whole shindig. I made the volcano go off.

I got a feeling we are about to see some serous global geological change!

What about you BRL?
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

I have noticed emotional change in myself, it started the 17th I was in a good mood everything was great, then all of a sudden I got really mad. At nothing! I talked to my wife and told her "i duno whats going on with me" and we both agreed something had changed, yesterday was another weird day, today has been good perfectly back to normal. The 17th and 18th though, I almost felt as if i wasnt myself? I was always in a half trance state, and constantly praying. I did notice however, even though I would get angry for no reason, my mind seemed more open and more intelligent. Math problems I could figure out faster, building ideas in my head were simple as cake. Today though, It has changed back, I am still good at math but not nearly as good as I was the past 2 days. My focus is lacking again and I can't develop building ideas (inventions etc) in my head as well. It's very odd, I dont know what happened, maybe it was all in my head and I went a little crazy? Im not sure

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I can't wait to see it tonight....probably nothing special..

Hey wait isn't this the 20th? Arn't we all supposed to be dead?

Or did they push the apocalypse back a few more days..?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join