It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How can we help the Lost Children?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I lived in Japan for 3 years while in the Marines. Greatest time of my life.

Because of the latest tragedy there are hundreds if not many hundreds of children with no parents. What will it take and who do we have to talk to help them? I will take several in to my home and pay for their tickets to get here. Someone point me in the direction to help.

I'm on the wrong side of the ocean.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Darkice19

Thats an honourable offer however these children belong to Japan and although there will be many parents who have lost their own children, I would imagine many of them will have priority to adopt these children as other childless parents.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:25 AM
link   
I probably shouldn't be the first to answer this, but I have worked with some aid groups in the past, so I could at least say this:
Japan and her people will try, I am sure, to nurture their orphaned children as best as they can. They are a proud people and they would want it that way.
On the other hand, there are organizations out there that work full time to connect orphaned children with people who are willing to care for them. I don't know their names off hand, but I am sure you can find them.
I would guess that the largest worldwide organization that is poised to help Japan with this tragedy on a human level is the Red Cross.
If you want to actually go to Japan and directly help people, they are the top organization that does that. My church is also very involved in such projects, but the Red Cross is totally non-denominational.
And of course you can always contribute to aid groups that are helping in Japan. I'm sure the Red Cross is already on the ground there, and I know our Volunteer Ministers are, too.
Probably right now they need donations and volunteers more than they need foster parents. That part will get organized a little later.

new topics

join