It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli prime minister calls for strike against Iran

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
sorry, i didn't read the entire post, but.............
as a jew who is no fan of israeli politics, i still need to say.

i don't trust rt news as a reliable source.

the quote in the article is not referenced, did i miss something?
i'd like to know the actual context of these supposed words.

can anyone help me?

edit to add,
please search this quote,

'If Tehran continues with its nuclear program, other nations should threaten it with military action, Benjamin Netanyahu has said.

add, cnn for reference in the article.

nothing comes up.
edit on 19-3-2011 by rubbertramp because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by linkshot1000

Fifty rockets were fired into Israel by Hezbolla..The Rockets were love messages from Iran..What can Israel do?exept give them a big kiss back.If they do one good strike civil change can get under way...Thats the way I think it will play out.

Those rockets came from Hamas out of Gaza. Hezbolla is in Lebanon.
edit on 19-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yeh RT. is political and has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Pretty Russian girls showing plenty of leg!Heck i'll watch it anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by anonentity
reply to post by rubbertramp

Yeh RT. is political and has to be taken with a pinch of salt. Pretty Russian girls showing plenty of leg!Heck i'll watch it anyway.

yea, but this is what gets me.
if this was regarding basically any other topic people would be screaming for sources.
how many pages has this thread gone?
the quote in the article, the topic of this thread, seems to be bogus.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
It's in their backyard let them take care of it! No country should be asked to do the dirty work of some other countries regional conflict. It's like asking someone in California to help in a neighborhood dispute in New York. I call that organized crime.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

or like people coming from another state to strike

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I don't understand what gives one country the "right" to own nukes, but not another?

If Israel is so fearful of violence, are they not aware that they've been killing non-israelis at a factor of at least 100-to-1?

Iran hasn't attacked Israel. They would be incredibly foolish to mount a nuclear attack against anyone, knowing the retaliation that would come.

So who is the aggressor here?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
I remember reading a small article on a newspaper section last summer when I was in Athens, saying that Israel wanted to attack Iran back then, but the US advised against doing so, saying that Israel should wait one more year, as Iran was still a year away from being able to produce nuclear weapons.

I believe Israel is going to attack Iran this summer.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
reply to post by reassor

I would'nt expect anything less from a anti-semitic Polik; it was'nt that long ago your lot were rounding up Jews faster that the speed of light and thrown in to your death camps.

And when your intire Govt were murdered by the Russians......your nation goes silent, not a peep out of you!

Gutless bloody wonders

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterzorg

The Iranian Govt does'nt give a hoot about it's people; they are "collaterial damage". Got it!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

All weaponry in the hands of Hamas and Hizbollah are IRANIAN

H E L L O !!!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Iran has one of the world's largest oil deposits and gas fields.....they have no need for nuclear power stations, it's obvious what Iran is up to.....

I take it that you don't know anything about environmental concerns or energy efficiency, because I don't see your 'obvious' reasoning.

Last I heard, Iran doesn't even have the refinery capacity to even refine its own oil for use, meaning they are forced to buy back refined oil that they sell off in the first place just to use domestically.

Considering Israel is the only nuclear-armed nation in the middle east, I think it is quite clear what they are after by advocating attacks on Iran.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Most of you ARE anti semetic; don't give me this garbage you only have greivances with the Israeli Govt because it's the population that elected them in to power.

Just like your precious Obama who never does anything wrong, right?

I don't feel threatened by Netanyahu but I DO feel alot more threatened by Obama and Monkeyface. Two peas to the same pod. One's stupid and the other is an idiot.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

If Iran stopped supplying Hamas and Hizbollah, Iran WOULD have plenty of money to refrine their own oil.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

OK i cant remember where i saw this but there was an English girl standing in front of an Israeli tank fitted with a bulldozer blade trying to stop them from demolishing a house .THEY ran her over with the tracks . she was still alive they had pushed her into the mud . She was screaming . THE next thing they did was to reverse over her again GRRRRRRRR yes that makes me angry she was a young unarmed woman and thats only one of the atrocities i am Scottish and not ante anything but pull your heads in

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by mayabong

Are you telling me that Saddam did'nt have WMD?

WMD = Biological, Chemical, Nuclear

Saddam USED chemical and biological weapons on the Iranians, Kurds and his own Iraqi people. Yeah, Saddam used members of his opposition as guinea pigs to test his chemical and biological weapons on before dumping it on the masses.

GOT IT?

Now.....it gets REAL interesting from here on in......

WHERE did Saddam get his biological and chemical agents from?

Want me to spell it out for you???????

USA, France, Germany!!!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pandapowerjamie
So Israel might kick off WW3, nice.

Prophets have been saying this for 2,000 years. Nothing new here.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by alexs
reply to post by Expat888

OK i cant remember where i saw this but there was an English girl standing in front of an Israeli tank fitted with a bulldozer blade trying to stop them from demolishing a house .THEY ran her over with the tracks . she was still alive they had pushed her into the mud . She was screaming . THE next thing they did was to reverse over her again GRRRRRRRR yes that makes me angry she was a young unarmed woman and thats only one of the atrocities i am Scottish and not ante anything but pull your heads in

Her name was Rachel Corrie and she was from Seattle. She had a full university education and decided that instead of pursuing a career, she would go to Gaza with an international group of peace advocates. She stood infront of the bulldozer and the driver saw her full well, and he had strict orders to not stop. On top of that, after he ran her over, he backed over her just to make sure she was dead (but she wasn't yet).

We studied this specific incident in university, and it only left the question open as to why the hell the US government didn't do anything about an Israeli soldier running over an American while destroying Palestinian homes in order to build illegal Israeli settlements (which are virtually fortresses).

bluemirage5-
If Iran stopped supplying Hamas and Hizbollah, Iran WOULD have plenty of money to refrine their own oil.

Hezballah defended Lebannon from Israeli invasion and Hamas is the democratically elected leadership of Gaza that actually stands up against Israel in defense of the people who elected them. The only people who don't agree with Hezballah and Hamas happen to be the West, lead by the US and Israel and surrounded by puppets (just like my own government).

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

So you want to selectively FORGET Hamas and Hizbollah has fired tens of THOUSANDS of rockets in to Israel just over the past few years.....

How bloody convienant but it suits your purpose to fail to mention that tiny little piece of information!

You're done.

NEXT ATS member........?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Forget?

Perhaps you haven't looked at the situation hard enough. Israel instigates it all through illegal and provocative actions.

You want to talk about dinky rockets? They are extremely inaccurate and barely put dents into buildings. Israeli bombs, which they drop all the time on Palestinians, are precise and leave craters instead of roads and debris instead of buildings. Did you not notice the Israeli blockade on Gaza? They have no means to rebuild their infrastructure, including schools and hospitals, let alone even eat.

And look at Lebannon. When Israel invaded, they bombed key Lebannese oil ports and airports, creating chaos for the whole country. The Israelis even intentionally shelled a peacekeeper outpost, killing Canadian soldiers.

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join