It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli prime minister calls for strike against Iran

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Wait...? I thought Iran signed the NPT?? Weren't they the first to sign it? Israel has down right refused to sign it...refused. Iran has allowed inspections every single time unless it was in direct contradiction to the treaty. The UN cant just drop in whenever they want to inspect the facilities. Maybe they should be able to but it's set up in the treaty that they're to give notice. That's why Iran hasn't complied with some of those inspections. They have to follow the treaty to a T so why don't we?
I don't think a lot of ppl realize how very important Iran is the field of science/medicine, to everyone. They are among the top leading countries in nuclear medicine. They produce medical grade isotopes for treatment of HIV, cancer and stem cell research, which they're among the top 10 in the world. They're 1 of the largest bone marrow transplant facilities in the world. They are hosting the International Nuclear Medicine conference this year. Doesn't any of this impress upon anyone how very important Iran is in the medical field?
My thought on this whole thing is that if they were reallllly going to attack Israel that it wouldve already been done. They've had the capabilities but haven't done it. Why can everyone else have this technology but them? What's this crazy guy want? Are we to bomb their facilities?
I have a huge issue with anyone claiming to be 'Gods chosen ppl'. God doesn't have chosen ppl, God doesn't play favs. I think the US needs to apply those sanctions to Israel and withhold all aid. We need to stop being Israels bitch.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Demetre

Iran only allows UN inspections in to a very small area of their facilities and the UN are not allowed in some other facilities, they make the UN the laughing stock.

I've lost track of how many statelite pictures I've seen of trucks loading up "evidence" before the arrival of UN inspectors and returning after the UN inspectors have left.

I mean, come on, it does'nt take a 5 year old to know whats going on inside Iran!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Then he should "throw the first stone" so their inevitable retaliation can be directed towards them instead of us.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   
Let isreal take care of their own damn enemies themselves.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

That wont happen since we have so many "dual (Israeli-US) citizens" in high places in our government influencing foreign policy decisions. There outta be a law......

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:39 AM
link   
It would be refreshing to see the Yanks attack Israel. That would be justified.

But sadly most Americans think Iran is the boogie-man.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

I dont agree with that but the USS Liberty should have defended itself (and messages to stand down responded with "say again. you are coming in garbled.")

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Mr Netanyahu seems to like to try to get other nations to fight his wars, put their troops at risk and of course, foot the bloody bill. I suspect he thinks this because as an earlier poster identified its funny how, despite being a very minority group within my coutry, we have an awful lot of dual-passport holders in our Government. Our laws have very carefully been tailored to protect this situation, but I suspect that now its getting to be common knowledge, people will start questioning who runs this country?

I was perturbed to hear about the Middle East Media Research Institute. MEMRI was set up by Yigal Casrmon a
former Colonel in the Israeli Military Intelligence. It operates as a translation service, translating eg Arabic into English eg Armadinjad's speeches. I did hear that a number of journalists were quite bothered about the word 'translation becoming misinterpretation', subtle but poignant difference. One would hope that is not the case today but military intelligence and straight translating who knows? What galls me is that this is run as a charity. In this country that means they can get out of paying certain running costs and obtain various grants. I feel I am paying through my taxes for something I would not put a penny into. Our opinions are effected by what we know, if any agency works within our press to influence information our opinion on something like Iran would be false.

Iran is a country with a very young and educated population. As an earlier very good poster mentioned they are a clever country with work in all sorts of areas despite sanctions. The government there is made up of mainly older men and the young want change. Left alone that change could come in peacefully, involve Netanyahu and his cronies and the outcome could well be very different both for Iran and Israel. I doubt very mjuch that either Russia or China would tolerate Israel bombing Iran and despite how muscular Israel is it could extend itself too far, especially as through its recent policies it has lost much respect and friendship.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

Iran has one of the world's largest oil deposits and gas fields.....they have no need for nuclear power stations, it's obvious what Iran is up to.....

however, saying that, Netanyahu should choose his moment very carefully and now is not ripe although I imagine he wants to take advantage in light of the chaos in the Middle East right now and knock Iran off it's high horse while the fires are still blazing.

So whats he waiting for? Go forth and do what you must do but you're on your own.

If I'm not mistaken the nuke program was started under the Shah, a western backed dictator. It was scratched after the revolution and started up again recently. Obviously they felt the need for nuke power back then.
edit on 19-3-2011 by mayabong because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Bibi is at again stirring the pot with his favorite ingredients of intrigue and paranoia about the peace loving Persians. This issue has fallen off the radar for sometime, and now all of a sudden it shows its ugly face? For what apparent reason and why is the questions? Not for once, have I thought Israel would back down from their concern over Iran's peaceful or militaristic use of nuclear technology. We have yet to see a smoking gun from intelligence agencies in Europe, the US, or from Israel. If it can be proven beyond a shadow of a doubt that Iran is manufacturing nuclear weapons, then the international community has to do something about it.

At present, the war bug is biting again with the recent UN Resolution for a no-fly zone over Libya amid the civil crisis. Apparently, the Israeli Prime Minister, Benjamin Netanyahu, feels it is an opportune time to regurgitate this topic for the international community to mull over for future considerations. Personally, I feel an armed incursion into Iran would be suicide. There is no telling what the consequences of such an action would be. Moreover, it seems the Iranians have been stacking the deck in their favor as this situation unfolds. On the surface they seem to be complying with weapons inspectors, and have been present at diplomatic summits in attempts to work out a deal. All of it is a means to make the world believe they are the odd man out and the bullies are in the West.It appears their brilliant public relations strategy is working, because people are growing cold and distant to this topic.

Furthermore, they have secured partnerships with both China and Russia in business and military exchanges. Any action would jeopardize that relationship. An airstrike would be of little use as well, because from what I have learned is that the Iranians have their nuclear development sites well fortified in event of such an action.

Iran's nuclear plans give West a tough choice

The price of a military airstrike on Iran would be a heavy one - Iran would undoubtedly use its proxies in Lebanon, Gaza and Iraq to hit back at Western targets. It would sponsor terrorism across the globe and might attempt to hit oil tankers in the Straits of Hormuz. And there is no guarantee airstrikes would destroy all aspects of the nuclear program.

Iran Nuclear Site: Natanz Uranium Enrichment Site

Natanz (نطنز) is a hardened Fuel Enrichment Plant (FEP) covering 100,000 square meters that is built 8 meters underground and protected by a concrete wall 2.5 meters thick, itself protected by another concrete wall. In 2004, the roof was hardened with reinforced concrete and covered with 22 meters of earth.

Those are just some of the defenses at Iranian nuclear sites. There are probably others that the West does not know about.[I am fairly certain that Iran has not put all their eggs in one basket in regards to their nuclear program.Then there are Iran's proxies to worry about in the event of attack, as well as their paramilitary Quds Force stirring up the Shiite populations in Yemen, Iraq, Bahrain, and elsewhere around the Middle East. Israel has taken it upon their selves to act unilaterally in the past with the bombing of Saddam Hussein's nuclear site. Hopefully, this is just more of the usual pot stirring by the Israelis to keep their concerns relevant. Any military encounter with Iran will have global consequences.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Jakes51 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3/19/2011 by 12m8keall2c because: grammar edits per request

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Demetre

Iran only allows UN inspections in to a very small area of their facilities and the UN are not allowed in some other facilities, they make the UN the laughing stock.

I've lost track of how many statelite pictures I've seen of trucks loading up "evidence" before the arrival of UN inspectors and returning after the UN inspectors have left.

I mean, come on, it does'nt take a 5 year old to know whats going on inside Iran!

Are these the same people that gave you the satellite photos of saddams huge chemical weapons factories? lol

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Lol..well, I'm farrrrr from 5. There's a whole slew of kindergarteners on ats. I know there's a good deal of 'evidence' from the air but isn't that exactly what led us into a huge lie of an illegal, immoral war with Iraq?? If anyone is making a laughing stock of the UN I honestly think it's Israel. Why do they have their fat noses in anything concerning nuclear energy? They have nuclear power but refuse to claim so. The crazy thing, to me, is that they'll never need them because we'll end up doing their dirty work for them.
I wonder what makes anyone think that Iran would decimate their holy land, the thing they hold most dear?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
Well, Iran is not Iraq or Libya. Picking the weak opponent is always easy. Iran is a little tougher opponent. Messing with Iran can end very nasty for both sides this time.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpeachM1litant
Although this may not be related per se, I'd still like to throw this video in the mix of this decussion.

Youtube link: Israel a terror state?
It is relavant in the sense that Israel is using terror now and previously to obtain a political agenda.
edit on 19-3-2011 by SpeachM1litant because: (no reason given)

Lowkey needs to get off RT and continue work on his first album

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:56 PM
link   

reply to post by Demetre

Israel makes a mockery of the whole world.

Why don't you go ahead and show us then

I still can't get myself to comprehend why is it ok for Israel to have nuclear weapons and not its neighbours? Oh yea sorry, because if they did, then surely they'll wipe out Israel off the face of earth. But Israel can use it whenever it likes though, just make up a false excuse and make the world believe it. If they don't, lets stamp 'em with the anti-semite stickers.

Btw, the anti-semite word is used wrongly. Semite doesn't mean Israelites only. Just sayin'...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)

edit on 19/3/11 by TitaniumL because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Nomad451

Don't shout too loud. we all know what the spoilt brat does when he does'nt get what he wants. He goes next door and kicks the puppy.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Uncle Gravity
If Israel has nuclear weapons why should Iran not have them?

Exactly right. The world has gone mad. We've got to the point where 99% of people can hear one country WITH nuclear capability can call for the world to attack another who wants to the same capability, and not think it utterly ludicrous.

When will this madness end in the world - and how long will dictators from Israel, the USA, and the UK be allowed to get away with their actions?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by TitaniumL

Bingo!! It's funny that Israel wants to implement severe punishment for those who are anti-semitic but they're the ones who are the most anti-semitic of all. Why is this okay?
Both can trace their lineage back to Abraham. Arabs can trace their ancestory thru Abrahams oldest son Ishmael. Jews trace theirs back to his son, Isaac. The difference between the 2 is that Ishmaels mother was a slave and Isaacs mother was Sarah to whom Abraham was married to. It's all ridiculous to me. The 'I'm better than you' attitude because the Arabs lineage includes a slave. Again, God doesn't play favorites. Doesn't that mean that he dislikes one group of ppl more than another? Wouldn't that make God imperfect?
This is sad. This whole thing perpetuates hate. Do we really want to pass this nonsense down to our children?

FYI- I don't subscribe to the idea of the Christian God. I'm a part of the whole kinda girl. When will we realize that we all really one in the same?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by UKTruth

They'll get away with it as long as we, the ppl of the world, allow it. The question is, when is enough enough? How many have to die before it is enough?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

Warning !!!! NWO detected.

We all know that oil is one of the unrenewable resources of energy in the world and some day we are going to run out of it.

Iran is trying to gain other technologies to burn less oil and keep it for the future when the Energy Crisis is showing.

what you are telling us is that Iran should burn all the oil to the last drop . Then Iran should beg other countries such as USA to buy some oil in it's triple price. it's not going to happen . this is the NWO = find new ways to make colonies without physical presence .

there is no proof that Iran is going the dangerous way of producing Nuclear bomb. If there was it would have been shown for thousand times.

Just check your pocket . may be it is in there.
edit on 19/3/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join