It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Qaddafi forces 'try to storm Benghazi'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
This is coming in from Al Jazeera.

Reports from Libya say pro-government forces have entered the western outskirts of the opposition stronghold of Benghazi, with the city coming under attack also from the coast and the south.

Qaddafi forces claim that this does not violate the cease-fire which has been put in place, amidst of conflicting views held by Susan Rice

Within hours of Obama's ultimatum, Susan Rice, the US ambassador to the UN, asked by CNN whether Gaddafi was in violation of these terms, said: "Yes, he is."

It will be interesting to see how this will be played out over the next few coming days.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:13 AM
link   
reply to post by SpeachM1litant

You can count on Susan Rice to tell it like it is! That madman is just thumbing his nose at the world and getting his ducks in a row to slaughter his own people!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:32 AM
link   
Nothing new here..

Same story as Saddam Husein, Iraq and 2003 invasion. I mean Colonel Ghaddafi ruled the Libya for more than 40 years (aside from 1986 bombing), everything else was rhetoric against him.

Why now..??

Wouldn’t the same countries condemning Libyans army actions against the anti government elements do the same if their anti government protester was equipped with deadly weapons?

Come on now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
This just in on Yahoo

news.yahoo.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:47 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

I found this extract of the article to be particullary interesting and relevant to what is beng argued in this thread. Qaddafi says,

"If you found them taking over American cities by the force of arms, tell me what you would do."

It seems as if his jutification is the same as the U.S would have if they were in his shoes.
Yahoo link

new topics

top topics

join