It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane Crashes In Rebel-Held Libyan Town

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Originally posted by tommyjo
reply to post by soleprobe

Well get your placard out and start pacing the streets!

TJ

And you get your CF-18 Hornets out and continue illegally and indiscriminately blowing people to pieces.

Why would they be my CF-18 Hornets? I'm not Canadian! The CF-18s have not started to enforce the no fly zone, so how can they be 'illegally blowing people up'? Is that one of the notices on your placard? 'Down with NWO CF-18s! ?

TJ

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I agree. The Libyans have MiG-25s, but they haven't flown for years. Aircraft enthusiasts photographed the MiG-25s that had been grounded for some time during airshows/exhibitions in Libya.

This is one of the Libyan recce MiG-25s

www.airliners.net...

TJ

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:49 AM
link   
Conflicting reports of who was operating the MiG-23. Some Arab media have claims that the Libyan Interim Council have admitted it was their MiG-23 shot down by Gadaffi forces.

blogs.aljazeera.net...

TJ

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   
www.nrc.nl...

More pics of the jetfighter and a video of the moments its been shot!
Source: NRC

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
reply to post by ahamarlin

I don't think it was shot down. You can see no trail for a missile and it would have to be one jammy shot for the AAA to get it. Looks to me like an engine failure, but then, I am no expert in these matters.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:49 AM
link   
Driving past RAF Marham this morning I noticed a lot of MoD police everywhere. The layby's round by the end of the runway, usually occupied by spotters on a weekday and empty at weekends, are full. I did notice a couple of large broadcast quality video cameras set up too so probably news crews in attendance.
Think the aircraft here may be getting ready to deploy soon.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   
Confirmed by the Rebel Council that the Mig 23 was a rebel plane.

Its hard to tell from the footage wether it was hit by something or just had a catastrophic failure of some kind. Who knows how serviceable it was in the first place?

A lot of the Libyan air force Soviet era equipment had been rotting in hangers for a long time. Desperate people do desperate things.

Did anybody see a parachute? I saw the seat going but couldn't make out the chute. Hopefully the pilot made it.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by justwokeup

In one still I saw the chute begin to deploy when the pilot ejected. No news from the ground as to his status though.

When this all began, I noticed that the rebels had taken several airfields, including their planes and had wandered when we'd see them in the Air. the report I saw them on said that mechanics were working to get them airworthy as it would seem the most well-maintained aircraft were in the West, nearer Gaddafi.

It is also worth noting that a defected Libyan Army Brigade is still sat idle in Eastern Libya. So far, they haven't joined the rebellion but refuse to take action against the rebels. It will be interesting to see if, with this new UNSC resolution and Western planes in the air, whether they now have the balls to join the fight.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I believe it to be this.
from my thread last July

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Is that one of the notices on your placard? 'Down with NWO CF-18s! ?

TJ

There's no shame in holding up such a placard.... unlike the illegal warmongering placards exhibited in this thread and indeed all over this forum.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Is that one of the notices on your placard? 'Down with NWO CF-18s! ?

TJ

There's no shame in holding up such a placard.... unlike the illegal warmongering placards exhibited in this thread and indeed all over this forum.

Make sure that the corners are rounded off? You could have someone's eye out if the wind picks up?

TJ

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 06:18 PM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Reported by a Dutch journalist in Bengazhi that the pilot of the MiG-23 didn't survive his attempted ejection.

TJ

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by tommyjo

A fantasy world?

On ATS???

top topics

<< 1   >>

join