Pakistan Air Force Scrambles To Thwart American Drones!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   

Pakistan Air Force (PAF) was on a high alert and was conducting strict vigilance of the country’s airspace, a BBC Urdu report said. PAF intensified air patrols over the country’s northwestern tribal areas after a US drone attack in North Waziristan killed over 40 civilians.

PAF had also cancelled the holidays of functionaries assigned to keep vigil on the country’s airspace.

Moreover, the airforce has also cancelled the weekly offs of all officials and functionaries, the report said.

Well, it will be interesting to watch if the mighty US of A backs down and suspends the drone attacks in Waziristan. If it doesn't, then are we going to witness a battle for the skies between the U.S and Pakistan?

There is I believe a tacit understanding between the Pakistan Military and the US for conducting drone attacks against terrorists ensconced in the Pak-Afghan border areas. Then why this sudden change of heart by the Pakistanis? Or are they playing to the gallery? After all, most Pakistanis are anti American. Never mind the billions of tax dollars being handed over to them on a platter!

Or is this related to the the American CIA agent convicted of murdering two Pakistani ISI officials and let off by paying 'blood money' to their relatives? Needless to say, this caused a huge uproar in Pakistan. How dare they release an American convicted of killing Pakistanis on Pakistan soil? Well, that's what they're asking their government.

And then the drones kill 40 'terrorists' in Pakistan. That apparently really got their goat and slammed the government for mollycoddling the U.S. of A. So it's likely that the Pakistan Government is putting up a show by scrambling their fighters jets to calm ruffled feathers.

Now it's American F-16s Vs American drones!! Oh, what an irony!!

And her'e more...

North Waziristan drone strike: Tribesmen vow ‘jihad’ against US

www.dawn.com...
edit on 19-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

You say they killed 40 terrorists but that's not what your link says..

He said that several missiles were fired from drones on a peace jirga in Datta Khel, North Waziristan, on Thursday, killing 40 innocent civilians and injuring 50 others.

Many are getting tired of these precision attacks by the US taking out women and children..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
This would be interesting. Seriously did we declare war on Pakistan and no one knows about it? Good for the Pakistanis for shooting down drones.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by backinblack

He said that several missiles were fired from drones on a peace jirga in Datta Khel, North Waziristan, on Thursday, killing 40 innocent civilians and injuring 50 others.

Many are getting tired of these precision attacks by the US taking out women and children..

and people that read an article, then post it on a forum and change the wording from civillian to terrorist. if this happened in america, we would destroy their offense and try to have a go at em. the miliatary industrial complex loves that sort of thing. they play up when children die as well, but bury the blood on their hands as terrorist blood, and dont think about it.

doesnt make it go away.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:49 AM
link   
of course they are going to say civilians... ITS A PROPAGANDA WAR AGAINST TERRORIST YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:52 AM
link   
Can someone provide proof that these 40 were all terrorists? A terrorist according to the Merriam Webster definition of a terrorist.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
Operating killer drones in a country we have not declared war upon pretty much makes us the terrorists. People that I know are more afraid of the terrorists from the TSA and Homeland Security than the Taliban.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 03:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Reign02
of course they are going to say civilians... ITS A PROPAGANDA WAR AGAINST TERRORIST YOU IGNORANT PEOPLE

Care to show proof or are you the ignorant one here ??
It's not like the US hasn't admitted to a few of their "mistakes"...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Agreed there, i was not aware that we were at war with Pakistan.
If not then why are we killing their civilians?
Terrorist or not, if they are in Pakistan they should be safe.
From there the US can decide if they are terrorists and take appropriate.....err the same steps we did with every other country we have turned upside down.
Will we send drones to Canada next?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GenerationXisMarching

Originally posted by backinblack

And people that read an article, then post it on a forum and change the wording from civillian to terrorist. if this happened in america, we would destroy their offense and try to have a go at em. the miliatary industrial complex loves that sort of thing.

Cool it guys! If you read my post, I have clearly put the word terrorist in 'quotes'. This is what the sentence reads:

And then the drones kill 40 'terrorists' in Pakistan. And that's a lot different. Sarcastic, I should say!

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Hard to separate sarcasm sometimes and I'm sorry but your OP didn't seem to be that way..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

They are already sending them to Canada.

CBC

I wonder if these drone pilots even take their jobs seriously or if it's just a video game to them.

azcentral
edit on 19-3-2011 by adnil because: grammar

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by adnil
I wonder if these drone pilots even take their jobs seriously or if it's just a video game to them.

No video game this. It's the real deal! This is how they do it.........

Drone pilot kills Afghani militants from Nevada control centre.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
Can someone provide proof that these 40 were all terrorists? A terrorist according to the Merriam Webster definition of a terrorist.

Care to show proof that they were civilians? GG hippies

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Operating killer drones in a country we have not declared war upon pretty much makes us the terrorists. People that I know are more afraid of the terrorists from the TSA and Homeland Security than the Taliban.

We are NOT AT WAR WITH THE COUNTRY... Their own Government allows us to track insurgents across the border and allows us to take out insurgents/terrorists.... You people FAIL horribly at intel and knowledge....
edit on 19-3-2011 by Reign02 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Seeew, they 40 people were or werent "terrorists"?
Most of the successful drone strikes have taken out those who are NOT terrorists as well as those who are.Doersnt anyone else see this as an inefficient and senseless act of agression against the non terrorists?
The results do not justfy the continuation of the drone program till a better targetting method is brought forward.
Too many non combatants are being killed by the coalition.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Burden of proof is always on the accuser who call them terrorists. Those are the rules. Answer my question first. Don't be a traitor or terrrorist. I am right wing by the way.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Burden of proof is always on the accuser who call them terrorists. Those are the rules. Answer my question first. Don't be a traitor or terrrorist. I am right wing by the way.

right wing, left wing.... Whatever.. That really matters about as much as choosing which McDonalds to eat at.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

Your tactic is diversionary, you still haven't answered the question.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Reign02

We are NOT AT WAR WITH THE COUNTRY... Their own Government allows us to track insurgents across the border and allows us to take out insurgents/terrorists.... You people FAIL horribly at intel and knowledge....

Wouldn't you say it's the US military that "FAIL horribly at intel and knowledge" considering they continue to take out innocent civilians, including a frikin wedding party ???

Maybe instead of sitting behind a monitor thousands of miles away, they should actually go in harms way and see who the hell they're targeting before they blow them to bits...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join