It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs At The End of Time: 2012 and the A.I. / E.T.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
I made an amateur little YouTube video based on two segments of audio and video that feature the creative and visionary ideas of Terence McKenna. His insights are largely based on the idea that the evolution of life and complexity on this planet is accelerating.

The first clip is taken from Erik Davis' interview with Terence from 1999 and the second is from the 1987 Angels Aliens & Archetypes Symposium.

It features real UFO footage and media segments and several clips from popular movies and TV shows. Can you see which ones?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 12:58 AM
link   
reply to post by corsair00

Nice vid fella! SnF.

What an incredibly nice man McKenna was.

May he be alive at the end of the world too

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   
I think he had to leave us before the end to help get acquainted in the hereafter to eventually help us out. Unfortunately he was dying of cancer in the interview shown, or heard, in the first part of this video. He passed away in April of 2000. He was an absolutely brilliant person and is greatly missed. But his insights are plentiful enough to last till the end of time...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Wow what a great speech. I love how he hints at the truth. Any civlization or conscious being would seek to better itself just like mankind has. Eventually it runs into barriers given it's physical configuration. So logic gives rise to the idea of a base realm of no congifuration, but yet it is "conscious." And thus you have quantum mechanics.

I'll give you a star but not a flag. Kidding, s&f.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:08 AM
link   
Very interesting, scramjet. I do not know much about quantum mechanics. But with the exponential acceleration of our technology, in combination with the global crisis we see all around us, I would have to assume that some sort of planetary metamorphosis is actually taking place. I can see the logic in the idea that in the near future much of our civilization will have migrated into virtual realities of some sort.

"Computers are minds that work in the realm of computation; and human minds are minds that work in the realm of generalization, spatial co-ordination, understanding of natural language, so forth and so on. Are these kinds of minds so different from eachother, pilgrims, that there is no bridge to be crossed? I would submit not- that infact the bridge between the human mind and the machine mind is symbolic logic, mathematics."
- Terence McKenna

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
It came into my mind, what can be the cure for the cancer of consciousness
in the end times, only the true words, only then the circle will be full. BTW the
circle was the sign of a victory when we were little childs and not V.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
"The overwhelming image of self-transcendent flight, of return to a mandalic unity that transcends space and time, is the guiding archetype of our peregrination through history."
- Terence McKenna

edit on 19-3-2011 by corsair00 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join