It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Little Genre that could......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:54 PM
link   
the little genera that could,, Science Fiction..!

I just watched a Phillip K Dick film, from one of his stories called "A Scanner Darkly"
[en.wikipedia.org...(film)]
and it occurred to me the unbelievable amount of TRUTH we find today, from the Genre of science fiction,
once thought to be only for children and adolescents and even crazy people ..

His stories often become surreal fantasies as the main characters slowly discover that their everyday world is actually an illusion constructed by powerful external entities , and vast political conspiracies.

So prophetic,, from Todays standpoint of a world-view. I thought to write a small piece on the subject..

Other writers added to the Truth, we find, of todays reality as if having the bowl of water used by Nostradamus.

Arthur c Clark, Isaac Asimov and Robert Heinlein ,, All Giants in their day,, even still to Today!
and all created a "fictional reality's ",, tales of wonder and warning, a precognitive recognition of the human animal and the consequents's of getting caught in the fray of just living a life-- and having life interrupted by the Government.

For a Little regarded style of writing, i find it wonder-filled and amazing, the study of mankind as viewed through the eyes of ,, say a Robot, of through an alien life-forms interaction with a human beings. the understanding of "how things work" inside the mind of society, through the writings of "rag books" truly overlooked..

I could be just blowing smoke into a forest fire of wisdom,

and if those who came to this conclusion, before my eye opening thoughts, could put a few thoughts down while this thread is around...i would be grateful..

the little genre that could.................................... just might help us to save us ,,,,,,,,,,, from ourselves...

edit on 3/19/11 by darrman because: fixing babble

join