It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick! Go outside and look up.

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

There's more of the dark parts than usual. Here is a link with a photo to compare.

wms.lroc.asu.edu...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Right now, all I see is a beautiful, clear, white moon. It looks "normal" to me, but I don't have binoculars or a telescope to view it through.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ToppDog
Maybe I'm just a bit anxious with all the events of late, or have reached my tolerance level for dealing with this kinda crap, but I am going to say this... If you have something to say or present on a forum, then don't d!ck around, & get to the point already. I'm tired of seeing threads started here & elsewhere where posters are making stupid claims or insinuations with absolutely nothing to back them up.

If you start a thread that says "Quick! Go outside and look up." you darn well better be telling us what the hell we should be seeing. Maybe you finally did tell us what you observed, but after reading one whole page & not seeing it, I'm not going to waste my time reading through the other six or more pages to see if you showed up again to tell us what we were supposed to see.

In the future please refrain from starting these type of threads, & present all the info you wish to present in its entirety in a concise manner that doesn't leave your readers hanging.

Sorry to sound so confrontational, but my patience for this kind of conduct is wearing thin. On any other day I'd be the kind of guy that would buy you a beer.

Well, since your rant appears on page eight your point is pretty much moot.
I simply wanted everyone to form their own opinion before I gave mine. Lastly, there is more than enough evidence on this thread to prove my point, none of the pictures are mine. Read this and understand.......
WHEN A FINGER POINTS AT THE MOON,
THE IMBECILE LOOKS AT THE FINGER.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Trublbrwing because: wrong page number.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This "super moon" is a rather large let down.

I remember a few times as a kid I saw the thing LITERALLY take up a quarter of the sky! It was freakin GI NORMOUS!

It was usually red when this happened and I figured it had to do with some sort of refraction/magnification from the atmosphere. Still freaked me out as a child of about 12!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:17 AM
link   

The moon does not always face the same way to the Earth.

upload.wikimedia.org...

edit on 20-3-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:36 AM
link   
I'm staying at an altidude of 7,000 ft where the sky is dark blue due to the clean atmosphere - no dust, no haze, no pollution, pure air. At night one can see the Milky Way galaxy in all its glory and thousands of stars with hardly a twinkle!

And when I looked up last night at the Moon, I was almost blinded by its brightness. Lilies and white roses shone like small light bulbs in the garden like a flood light switched on from above. I could even read the newspaper without my contacts! Just amazing!

edit on 20-3-2011 by OrionHunterX because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The only odd thing about the moon tonight is that it is the "biggest" full moon in years.... of course the size has not really changed. It is just an optical illusion.

news.yahoo.com...

And forgot to mention.. The moon is fine here in Dallas.
edit on 20-3-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:20 AM
link   
This thread is so stupid. Why are people so desperate to find conspiracies in everything that even the plain ole moon has to be one. Theres nothing wrong with the moon it looks the same as always, dont just freak out just cause some clouds are in front of it or pictures and looking at it yourself are two different things. Secondly, this whole baiting for replys way of posting with a vague title and a OP not telling us what the hell youre talking about is just damn annoying and should be banworthy imo, just fishing for attention like they do on glp forums.

I was a little disappointed tonight actually, it certainly looked bright but it wasn't quite as impressive or big as people made it sound like it would be, ah well, moon is still a beautiful light in the sky.
Also, no doom so far like "predicted" by multiple attention whores, surprise surprise.
edit on 20-3-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Well, since your rant appears on page eight your point is pretty much moot.
I simply wanted everyone to form their own opinion before I gave mine. Lastly, there is more than enough evidence on this thread to prove my point, none of the pictures are mine. Read this and understand.......
WHEN A FINGER POINTS AT THE MOON,
THE IMBECILE LOOKS AT THE FINGER.

edit on 19-3-2011 by Trublbrwing because: wrong page number.

Thank you for the clarification.

"I simply wanted everyone to form their own opinion before I gave mine."

This probably should have been made more clear in the first post, but after reviewing the thread you may very well be on to something. Again, sorry for the rant, but the crazies that are posting on the forums lately are starting to get out of control, & it's getting to me.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:38 AM
link   

There is a storm in my area and so I am unable to see the moon, which is pretty unfortunate because both myself and my boyfriend were really looking forward to seeing it. Looking forward to seeing pictures if any are posted.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
Pictures of the moon taken yesterday

set pic of rise of the moon.

set pic of the moon high in the sky

2short clips

Link to all (19th march)

I give myself a D for the pic's
edit on 20-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I will go outside now
with my Winter skin
to see this thing
you call
moon
edit on 20-3-2011 by zipcode80013 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 04:11 AM
link   
reply to post by OrionHunterX

If moon beams were warm we could bake in their rays,
fly through the night, happy and gay,
eating peaches and cream with coffee and cake,
if moon beams were warm, wouldn’t it be great!

At two in the morning you hear called your name,
you awake and beside you is a cupid I’ve trained,
he asks that you love me, so I’ll set him free,
you smile at his twinkle, then go back to sleep.

Sleep bring my dreams, I’m eager and ready,
I long for my love’s comfort and touch,
in sleep shall I find you, on pillows of wishes,
there shall I dream, lest you wake me up.

If moon beams were warm we could bake in their rays,
fly through the night, happy and gay,
eating peaches and cream with coffee and cake,
if moon beams were warm, wouldn’t it be great...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

I saw what looks like a child on a bicycle crossing the moons path... I took a photo:Image link here

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
I saw the moon and it was round. Not a sound around. There were clouds. The ground was wet and I was cold. I turned around and back home I went. I found the moon, and now I rest.
edit on 20-3-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
Nice bright full moon. Taken by me with telescope and sony cybershot 6mp ps.

img851.imageshack.us...
img819.imageshack.us...
img703.imageshack.us...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
You people do knoe that the moon was closer to earth then it has been in year. If it is closer then it will prob look a little different. I know that it is supposed to brighter because of that.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by ToppDog

You are 100% correct with that observation, including that sentence in the OP takes the perception from "hey look at me" to "tell me what you see". Being short on time was the main factor.
I think we are all getting very anxious and "concerned" right now. Lack of sleep, natural disasters, social unrest and inflation are pushing us all to the breaking point. All this takes a turn to the surreal when the governments response is dropping bombs on yet another country.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime

I would answer him, if I could think of a legitimate reason (other than the blind reply, "Libration varies, it's safe to assume it's within that normal variation"). Unfortunately, yeah...no answer. Not from me, anyway.

Thank you - I'm a historian, not a scientist, so I look to people like you to tell me what's going on. Do you think this is strange? If you have no explanation, does this mean you think something is off, but cannot explain why?
Again, these are genuine questions, because from where I'm sitting, it looks way off.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by CodyOutlaw

If it can be shown that this is entirely beyond what's normal for the moon, then it most certainly is strange. That remains to be seen, however, but this is definitely worth looking into further.
Does it mean I think something is off? Not necessarily. If it can be shown that the moon should, in fact, not look like this from the Earth, then, yes, something's off. If that can be proven, though, I still wouldn't know what could be causing it, but I'm sure we could come up with some theories. (Unfortunately, I bet half of those theories would involve Nibiru.)

At the moment, I don't think there's enough evidence either way. It might be a very natural variation, or it might not, and it seems it's surprisingly hard to prove one way or the other.

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join