It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick! Go outside and look up.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
All I see is clouds - they're calling for MORE snow here by Wednesday..

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

I think something that is considerably larger than was predicted, or foretold is influencing them both. But I can't prove it of course, just a hunch.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JAGx1981
I don't know what you guys are viewing but it's like 2 am here in Mississippi, clear skies, beautiful southern night but I see no difference in the moon. No difference at all. I have been looking like crazy.

The only thing I notice is it is bright like it was the last solar flare we had some weeks ago.

Are you kidding?
Look to the left of your post, at your own avatar and background image. To the right of the wolf's head is the "lobster claw" pointing down and in it's usual location. Now look at the FIRST IMAGE POSTED ON THIS THREAD, compare the location and orientation of the "lobster claw".

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Can anyone explain to me why Tychos is where it is right now?
The libration models posted don't show it being as far off as it currently is..
I'm asking a genuine question.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by CLPrime
You guys talking about me behind my back?

I've been off tracking down something to satisfy the conditions of my last post. And, success...

First, a picture taken in Sweden in 2008 (possibly 2009...it took some effort, with no obvious date on the page, but the source has copyrights up to 2008, and the page featured an ad from 2008, so that year seems a best-guess):

Sweden - 2008

Second, a picture taken in Sweden in 2011:

Sweden - 2011

Any difference?
Any at all?
edit on 19-3-2011 by CLPrime because: (no reason given)

I thought I covered this already. Find a picture in any published and printed form (not internet) and compare it to the pictures posted on page three of this thread, those first two posted images match EXACTLY what I saw and what prompted me to start the thread. Better yet look at the background image and avatar with the full moon and wolf on page five or six of this thread and compare it to those first two photos.
If you can't see it , I can't help you.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by foreshadower99
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yea I just noticed that as well the moon seems to be in a different angle then it normally is? WHY?

You certainly won't get an answer here, apparently it's completely normal for the moon to spin counterclockwise.
Maybe we should just watch them bomb Lybia, no thinking required for that.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

Wrong. Whats wrong. It's not going to blow up, it's not going to leave orbit. If the earths axis has chnaged? so what. The man in the moon has had a facelfit.

What is seriously different that actually affcts our lives today tommorrow or next year with this interesting 'revelation'?

It's like saying my cats left ey changed colour? So what, the world isn't goign to end.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byteman

No mystery then, it's just Lunar libration.
Look at the picture of the Moon.

Libration - Wikipedia

Also, your position on Earth will affect your perspective of the Moon in relation to a Moon map.

I'ts not libration, the shift is way too big for that. As for the perspective based on my location that kind of goes without saying doesn't it? I have seen one view for MANY years from this location, there is a different view NOW from that same location. You folks don't know me from Adam, but trust me, I am a VERY observant person.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw
Can anyone explain to me why Tychos is where it is right now?
The libration models posted don't show it being as far off as it currently is..
I'm asking a genuine question.

Well........?
Somebody answer him, please.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You can always count on ATS to bring out the people who think a normal event is some sort of anomaly.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by daggyz

Wrong. Whats wrong. It's not going to blow up, it's not going to leave orbit. If the earths axis has chnaged? so what. The man in the moon has had a facelfit.

What is seriously different that actually affcts our lives today tommorrow or next year with this interesting 'revelation'?

It's like saying my cats left ey changed colour? So what, the world isn't goign to end.

Really?
I honestly feel kind of sorry for you right now.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:31 PM
link   

I would answer him, if I could think of a legitimate reason (other than the blind reply, "Libration varies, it's safe to assume it's within that normal variation"). Unfortunately, yeah...no answer. Not from me, anyway.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
So I'm looking outside and it's 8pm here in Oregon, and there's abolutely no moon in the sky. Where the hell is it? We always have a visibile moon in the sky at this time of the night.....

Weird...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by xHybr1dx

The time changes last week, bub.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by incrediblelousminds

The time changes last week, bub.

I was out there last night at around this same time and I saw the moon....just a little mysterious.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:08 PM
link   
Dosent look any different to me. I didnt see it split into two moons and it didnt look like it was on a different angle either

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:09 PM
link   
Maybe I'm just a bit anxious with all the events of late, or have reached my tolerance level for dealing with this kinda crap, but I am going to say this... If you have something to say or present on a forum, then don't d!ck around, & get to the point already. I'm tired of seeing threads started here & elsewhere where posters are making stupid claims or insinuations with absolutely nothing to back them up.

If you start a thread that says "Quick! Go outside and look up." you darn well better be telling us what the hell we should be seeing. Maybe you finally did tell us what you observed, but after reading one whole page & not seeing it, I'm not going to waste my time reading through the other six or more pages to see if you showed up again to tell us what we were supposed to see.

In the future please refrain from starting these type of threads, & present all the info you wish to present in its entirety in a concise manner that doesn't leave your readers hanging.

Sorry to sound so confrontational, but my patience for this kind of conduct is wearing thin. On any other day I'd be the kind of guy that would buy you a beer.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by xHybr1dx
So I'm looking outside and it's 8pm here in Oregon, and there's abolutely no moon in the sky. Where the hell is it? We always have a visibile moon in the sky at this time of the night.....

Weird...

In Western Washington, same, no moon.
edit on 19-3-2011 by Section69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   

Well, I can see it from here, just south of Portland, Oregon.
It looks wonderful, a bit larger than usual, yes, and it seems to have rotated clockwise a bit.
Maybe that's just me.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by xHybr1dx

Weird...

The moon exploded.

We viewed the explosion here on the east coast.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9 >>

join