It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quick! Go outside and look up.

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Lil Drummerboy

I was pretty lazy.
I set up a webcam, and tracked it from the TV room..LOL..also saw 5 rabbits eating my grass. Then it started snowing. Moon be gone. Rabbtis too

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

I don't see anything....I have however heard its the closest it has been in like 18 years so. What did you see?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I wonder if some one notice. some times i look at the moon and it looks like a seed... some days it does not.
plus the crescent of the moon is now more of a bulls horn. it looks like the horns of a bull.
did the planet shift.
edit on 19-3-2011 by mkkkay because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Here in southern ontario. Last night the moon looked huge. I have not seen it like that in all my life.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
reply to post by gringoboy

Wonderful full picture of the moon, I'm keeping that one. Thats a good reference point. So if the bottom one is normal, then its a shift to the left, by about 7%, and of course, waiting for other explanations. And the sun wasn't spiking flares but streaming them on the 17th.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by dadfortruth1
Here is a video i just shot tonight from Australia.

and a picture I took a few months ago, from the same location.

Man ,that man on the moon is definetly at a angle,which is`nt abnormal but for it being so extreme,it looks like the libration has become more wider than it was,just by the previous post by member mickey faroot , the tychos region ,to me is to far to the right,I have never seen it that much to the right,and going by the libration visual in previous post tychos region definetly does`nt pass the central vertical moon axis to the right,more to the left..
en.wikipedia.org...
This may explain it ,but even then this visual also shows that tychos is not to the right of the vertical axis.

Libration in longitude results from the eccentricity of the Moon's orbit around Earth; the Moon's rotation sometimes leads and sometimes lags its orbital position.

reply to post by Unity_99

Unity ,the solar flare won`t have caused this thats for sure,but riding a external gravity wave would as all planetoids would bob like a stone being dropped on a pond , planetoids bobbing on the water,although suttlily and minimally,however gravity from the sun will pull all planetoids into there designated orbits as the solar system rides that external gravity wave,as i say we just surf it,and get earthquakes as moon and allsorts wobbles in the interstellar medium.Its abig picture,its a big think !
edit on 19-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
I just looked at the moon outside and compared with the available pics on the internet. I focused on the rabbit's ear because that is easy to distinguish. I noticed that the rabbit's ear is in line with the horizontal line or forms a 90 degree angle with the vertical line. The pic below is the nearest image of the moon that I saw.

I then looked at the available images of the moon on the internet focusing on the location of the rabbit's ear. Surprise, there are tons of pics of the moon with the rabbit's ear located in different positions. Hence I cannot really say if the moon that I saw is different from the usual moon that we see.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
gif animantion moon cycle
edit on 19-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by TribeOfManyColours
gif animantion moon cycle
edit on 19-3-2011 by TribeOfManyColours because: (no reason given)

Tychos

Yes we are all aware of libration animation,but tychos the south polar region is not beyond the vertical axis in your linked animation to the right,of centre as in the image above from member mickey faroot.seriously hold a ruler to that visualization,tychos does not cross the vertical axis of north/south polar axis.even in this vid it does`nt pass the vertical axis to the right.

even another

Hoooowwwwlllll !Hoooooowwwl ! Awoooolll !Throwing rocks at the moon.
edit on 19-3-2011 by gringoboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Trublbrwing, I told you to lay off the juice. It's making you see things...

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by TheSparrowSings

Yea I just noticed that as well the moon seems to be in a different angle then it normally is? WHY?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I'm in the uk , it's bright as hell and right outside my window

The size of it however was an anti climax
edit on 19-3-2011 by ljonesyuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am viewing the moon through sporadic cloud cover in Scotland. It is a bit bigger and brighter but the inclination is out from my view of it.
If you see the Sea of Tranquility, it is usually at the 3 O clock position, that is on the east side of the moon. Now it is more up towards the 1 O clock position.
My anecdotal sighting would conclude the moon has moved, or we have moved, to cause such an effect?
Looking through my binos also I see a thin white borderline around the outside of the moon but when I zoom in I see that the top half as blue and the bottom half as yellow. Could be an aberation in the binos?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
The supermoon has made it's appearance in the eastern U.S. It's a beautiful Tennessee orange and I definitely notice the difference in size.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Thats funny. Because just kast night I was with two of my friends and i saw a/the moon and i said," something feels wierd about that moon". It just feels bad and evil it made me feel uncomfortble so I went back inside. What did you see?

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   
I live in a fairly "nice" area of Edinburgh, Scotland, UK.
I am a 2 min drive from fourth road bridge and rail bridge..

Tonight, someone threw an old heavy size monitor out of thier window over the road from me..
There was a fight in the house 2 to the left of me...
I took the dog out at about midnight UK time, and I could hear police sirens and shouting and swearing..

Not realising this whole "moon" thing, I jokingly said to my partner "It must be a full moon out there, its madness"..The moon DIRECTLY over where I am at or around midnight there.
The moon is now almost out of view (due to buildings etc) as it will now be over the USA east side (I think)

Very strange outside tonight...............

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Trublbrwing

No mystery then, it's just Lunar libration.
Look at the picture of the Moon.

Libration - Wikipedia

Also, your position on Earth will affect your perspective of the Moon in relation to a Moon map.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trublbrwing

Originally posted by thepresenttense
reply to post by thepresenttense

For some reason I can't get the pics to show up small enough to see in the post full-frame..ugh...here are links:

i194.photobucket.com...
i194.photobucket.com...

OMG!!!!
Look at the first photo, please.
Look at the moon, please.
Take note of the location of the dark spots (mares) on each. Compare the two.
This is absolutely incredible, it just should not be.

#JESUS !!!!

HAS THE MOON MOVED ??????????????

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Gringoboy - your still of the Moon shows Aristarchus glowing nicely. It's at 10 'o' clock roughly, about 1cm in from the edge. In colour it would probably be a bright electric blue. Aristarchus is the most frequent location of Lunar Transient Phenomena , flashing and glowing lights , for which there is no conventional scientific explanation whatsoever.
I'm in Leeds UK and the Moon looks exactly the same at this Major Southern Standstill as it usually does.

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by awakenone
I just step outside and took a picture, What do you see different?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b9e58c73f4dd.jpg[/atsimg]

There is a dark area I refer to as the "lobster claw", three mares usually located from three o clock to aprox five o clock, it always "points" downward. Last night (can't see it tonight, heavy cloud cover) this area was located about one or two o clock and pointing right almost even with the horizon. It was about 30 degrees left of where it should be, this is not libration.
The first photo posted on this thread shows what I am describing, go back a couple pages and you'll see it.
A simple review of all the recent pictures on this thread alone should be more than enough evidence to raise a few eyebrows.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join