It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OFFICIAL March 19th, 2011 documentation thread

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I honestly don't see the big deal with this moon. The gravitational effects will be relatively minor. The moon being 3 thousand miles closer to earth than its average is not "extremely closer" as so many people are saying. The moon isn't going to suddenly consume half of he night sky. In fact, it won't be all that different from the way it looks right now.

This week’s extreme SuperMoon is the fourth since 2005, and the largest and brightest since 1992. The Moon will be 221,567 miles away, just a tiny bit closer than its average closest distance of about 223,500 (the Moon’s average distance from the Earth is 235,000, and its average furthest distance is 248,000 miles).

Source

It's not like the Moon is getting 3000 miles closer to us in just one day, it's gradual. Today it may have been 2900 miles away, yesterday, 2800 (purely arbitrary, conversational numbers, of course). This changes every day by some number based on where this moon is between it's perigee and apogee in it's elliptical orbit.

I just throw this whole moon thing in the fear mongering bucket that everyone's been filling up for as long as i can remember. this is nothing new, it has happend before, and i honestly feel that tomorrow's moon will do nothing more than any other full moon normally does ... it'll makes tides a little higher and ... oh yea, bringing werewolves howling out into the moonlight! We're no more likely to have a big shake tomorrow than we were today.

I for one, plan on sleeping with my blinds open over the next few nights as i find bright moonlight coming through my window to be rather soothing!
edit on 18-3-2011 by AJ1123TKE because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

The ignorance continues to baffle me.. have you read ANY of the posts, including the FIRST one?! Or for that matter... the TITLE of the thread? "March 19th, 2011 documentation" ..
Nowhere have I stated that I believe this is going to be a doomsday scenario. This thread wasn't created to encourage the idea that there is going to be a doomsday scenario. This thread was created so we could have as much ATS documentation of the event in one place, THAT IS ALL. Yes, I do believe that it will have an effect on the tides, but nothing of catastrophic proportions, and probably not even SIGNIFICANT proportions.

I really wish people would READ before posting. -.-;

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:04 PM
link   
reply to post by HiMyNameIsMike

Sorry mate, no bad vibes intended towards you or your thread at all. I had read the whole thread up until the point where i decided it post a reply ... i just don't see this as event as "extreme", and my post was simply meant to dispel this as being viewed as extreme.

The documentation idea of this moon thread is great, i'm excited to see pictures, and real, objective observations. not speculations and fear mongering, which i'm certain you don't want to see either.

... for what it's worth, i had S&F'd this before i even replied because it is a relevant topic and i'm sure there will be some interesting things posted. What i was "venting" about was against the probability that yes, many people would gloom and doom this whole thread and turn it into one of the other 500 threads doing just that.

Cheers,

A

posted on Mar, 18 2011 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by AJ1123TKE

Fair enough. I look forward to seeing your documentation [ if you plan on doing so ]

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
My duaghter just came home and said her gps said to turn right when she needed to turn left to go to friends house. "Strange" because we live in a small town about 3 miles wide by 4 miles wide

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 01:33 AM
link   
reply to post by coldfact

Take care... just in case. You know they say the strangeness in the animals just before an earthquake. Sounds like you have strangeness going on, earthquake or not. N' Take care of my birds

posted on Mar, 19 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

top topics

<< 1   >>

join